ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2014, 11:55 AM   #16
XICAQUE
Q' pedo?

Oddometer: 585
Damn! Nice collection. Seriously, lets see more of the KTM you were riding and where this so called reflector is missing. Be seen so you can ride another day is the motto of many.

You are lucky to get a fix it ticket. If I was you, I would have shaken the cop's hand.

LRMC sucks ASS!

Can't stand HD bikes! Loud POSs and nothing but posers.
XICAQUE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 03:13 PM   #17
ballisticexchris
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by slidewayes View Post
You got me I'm a cry baby squid Most of the guys I have ridden here with well tell you that. Don't take too many selfies but here's my stable the HD is the wife's , I was trying to give a head's up And NO Im not going to put on your cute little reflectors
Nice stable of bikes. Your choice for not using reflectors. Living in the desert, you already know the dangers of riding without being able to be seen.

Still, blasting a cop on a public forum for doing his job is very childish.
2012 Beta 520RS PLATED!!
ballisticexchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 05:05 PM   #18
TUCKERS
the famous james

Oddometer: 11,433
Why does he need reflectors when he rides in day light?
TUCKERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 05:15 PM   #19
Central Cali Rider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 360
Quote:
City Of Fontana Police Department Is targeting motorcycles :
This morning I was riding south on sierra when officer Joe Moreno ID# 678 Made a U turn and followed me for 2 blocks ,Then proceeded to pull me over as I was arriving at my destination .As we started our conversion I was asked if I had modified my motorcycle in any way , Why yes sir I replied. After a pause he asked what I had done , well I changed the gearing from a17/ 42 to a 16/45 added a GPS- better seat put on a relay cool clutch cover by now it was clear that he was not into the KTM 990r like I am so as he was inspecting my aussem ride! I asked him why I was pulled over His answer? was Ill let you know in a minute .After the useul License stuff I was presented with a fix it ticket for no rear reflector and was told that it was four my own protection and what a nice guy he was being for not writing more
Fontana Police Department , Officer Joe KISS MY ASS I don't need you telling me how to live my life and what is good or bad for me

OK you photoshop junkies, get some big ass reflectors on that KTM990. Tape some farm reflectors on it and parade up and down Baseline until you see him..
2006 Suzuki SV1000S for wifey Sold !
1997 KLR650 For sale SOLD !!
Central Cali Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 06:01 PM   #20
slidewayes OP
slidewayes

Oddometer: 430
I'm not sorry for calling out officer Joe or the F.P.D Every person has the choice on how to carry out their duties I feel that I was stopped for riding a motorcycle ! The fact that he made a u turn on a 4 lane street followed me for 2 blocks then pulled me over and still looking for a violation is wrong 4 of my motorcycles are dirt bikes with plates if he know what he was doing it would be a field day like any body with plates on there dirt bike knows. I ride well knowing that and ride accordingly. What's next a knock on the door I want to search your home because there are motorcycles hear

buy the way $3.00 and 30 min. ticket was singed off
Old 08-16-2014, 06:13 PM   #21
vcvarmitcong
Cheekrashsucks

Oddometer: 47

You are asking for an AP by not having those reflectors? That's hilarious! If they don't see the tail light or brake light, the reflectors ain't gonna help ya bud.

Sheesh, The People's Republic of Kalifornia.
Old 08-16-2014, 06:23 PM   #22
Gerg
Cupcake

Oddometer: 8,272
I will guarantee Officer Friendly was looking for loud (er) pipes.
Probably spotted the printing on the stock cans and had to look for something.

The crappy reflectors that EVERYONE removes from their KTMs are Federally Mandated. Note they have a DOT number on them.

He was an asshole spending grant money, period.

Gerg

BOOF 160, AMA, RA, MOA, HOG
Live life like you stole it!
Your $5 off SMUGMUG Coupon is
hESgLtqESqM1Q

Gerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 06:49 PM   #23
fast4d
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,087
that same cop would write you up for being a dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballisticexchris View Post
Dude, you need to man up and quit crying like a baby. So you got a ticket. Big deal. Coming on ADVRider and telling an officer to kiss your ass for doing his job? Un-Fucking-Real.

I'm willing to bet you are one of those guys who has his bike set up like a Squid. How about some pictures of your squid mobile?

BTW, stripping off stock rear reflectors and not replacing them is asking for a death wish. Why not use your brain and get some license plate bolt reflectors. It might save you from getting rear ended some day when your KTM Kraut Wagon's tail light burns out.

2000 Kawasaki ZRX1100
2013 KTM SMT 990
fast4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 06:50 PM   #24
wadenelson
Rider/Writer

Oddometer: 301
So let's be honest here. What WERE you doing he couldn't cite you for? Speeding? Straight pipes? Bandana for a helmet?
wadenelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 06:58 PM   #25
soggysandwich
Banned

Oddometer: 204
and another thing...that GRASS looks mighty GREEN.....aren't you people in CA suppose to be in the worst DROUGHT condition in History ?
WTF ?
maybe we could get that officer over to your house and write you a ticket for wasting valuable drinking water?

soggysandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 07:35 PM   #26
XICAQUE
Q' pedo?

Oddometer: 585
I just came from Cali and it sure was dry as shit. But the temps were pretty nice until I got to the growing fields. Hot as shit!

LRMC sucks ASS!

Can't stand HD bikes! Loud POSs and nothing but posers.
XICAQUE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 07:51 PM   #27
XtreemLEE
Member #476

Oddometer: 1,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerg View Post
He was an asshole spending grant money, period.

Gerg
Yep...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballisticexchris View Post
Dude, you need to man up and quit crying like a baby. So you got a ticket. Big deal. Coming on ADVRider and telling an officer to kiss your ass for doing his job? Un-Fucking-Real.

I'm willing to bet you are one of those guys who has his bike set up like a Squid. How about some pictures of your squid mobile?

BTW, stripping off stock rear reflectors and not replacing them is asking for a death wish. Why not use your brain and get some license plate bolt reflectors. It might save you from getting rear ended some day when your KTM Kraut Wagon's tail light burns out.
Logic and reason has brought us to this point you are clearly risking your life and thank god the popo's are looking out for you...
"And the freedom of speech we try to defend goes to the core of one of my very deepest beliefs: the best information is uncovered with open, spirited debate. Better to grow thicker skin than to risk repressing information--just ask John Adams and Thomas Jefferson." Chris Macaskill

XtreemLEE screwed with this post 08-16-2014 at 07:57 PM
XtreemLEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 08:02 PM   #28
hbmichael
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 488
Ive been hassled by the man more times than I care to discuss. And mostly its given my the attitude that if the cops pull me over, its gonna cost me something, likely my wallet, but potentially much more, my freedom, my dignity, and although I hope unlikely, my life. I fuckin hate cops that aint got shit to do but hassle hard working citizens of this country....FUCK THIS POLICE STATE!
hbmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 06:03 AM   #29
ballisticexchris
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
I'm not sorry for calling out officer Joe or the F.P.D Every person has the choice on how to carry out their duties I feel that I was stopped for riding a motorcycle ! The fact that he made a u turn on a 4 lane street followed me for 2 blocks then pulled me over and still looking for a violation is wrong 4 of my motorcycles are dirt bikes with plates if he know what he was doing it would be a field day like any body with plates on there dirt bike knows. I ride well knowing that and ride accordingly. What's next a knock on the door I want to search your home because there are motorcycles hear

buy the way $3.00 and 30 min. ticket was singed off
So why are you complaining? I have no problems at all riding my plated dirt bike on the street. I'm willing to bet you are an attention whore by the reply of you bragging on your stable of bikes and loud Harley front and center. I do like the Kawasaki 1300 though!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4d View Post
that same cop would write you up for being a dick
I very rarely get tickets. I stay as legal as possible. Cops are not just riding around looking for a reason to hand out tickets to motorcyclists. Even in Laguna Beach it's not that bad.

OTOH, if I do get a fix it ticket, big deal. Fix it and be on your way. Life is too short to get upset and whine about something so petty as a fix it ticket.
2012 Beta 520RS PLATED!!
Old 08-17-2014, 06:09 AM   #30
ballisticexchris
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbmichael View Post
Ive been hassled by the man more times than I care to discuss. And mostly its given my the attitude that if the cops pull me over, its gonna cost me something, likely my wallet, but potentially much more, my freedom, my dignity, and although I hope unlikely, my life. I fuckin hate cops that aint got shit to do but hassle hard working citizens of this country....FUCK THIS POLICE STATE!
I'm pretty lucky. I rarely get bothered by the cops. I ride pretty much where I want when I want with no drama. Last ticket I got was in 09 for a lane violation. My bad. I fought it, lost and paid up. One of my District 37 racing buddies is a CHP motor cop here in OC. Really nice guy and runs the expert red bar.
2012 Beta 520RS PLATED!!