ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2014, 10:44 PM   #1
fadingfastsd OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 266
Got a free afternoon in North Tahoe tomorrow, anybody got a bike/gear they'd rent me?

Hey guys,

I happen to be in Tahoe til the weekend (looking at wedding venues w/ the old lady) and am gonna have tomorrow free from about 12PM on. I was thinking about renting a bike to cruise around the lake, but can't find any rental companies in Tahoe, without going back to Reno. Any ADV'ers have a bike & gear (didn't bring any of my riding gear w/ me) they'd be interested in renting me for the afternoon? Or got a second bike and want to go for a rip too?

I'm 31, responsible rider w/ 10 years street/dirt riding experience and no accidents or tickets. Happy to sign a contract guaranteeing I will pay for all repairs if I damage your bike in any way.

Just figured this was worth a shot posting to see if I could have some fun riding tomorrow!

Give me a call or text if so

Evan
619-985-2527
fadingfastsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 11:40 PM   #2
tahoeacr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,210
Have you checked with Lake Front Wedding Chapel in South Lake Tahoe?
If not, go there and tell CeCe that Marilyn(my wife) from Absolutely cakes sent you.
I'm thinkin about the rental. What size boot you wear?
tahoeacr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 11:46 PM   #3
fadingfastsd OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoeacr View Post
Have you checked with Lake Front Wedding Chapel in South Lake Tahoe?
If not, go there and tell CeCe that Marilyn(my wife) from Absolutely cakes sent you.
I'm thinkin about the rental. What size boot you wear?
Awesome, thanks for the info! We've been looking at places on the North side. Mainly Squaw Valley and West Shore Cafe. We don't have a plan for a cake though, so that would be awesome if your wife has a cake shop? I'll look into Lake Front Chapel as well.

I wear a 10.5 shoe, usually an 11 boot. I have tennis shoes though. No worries if you're not up for it, I figured this was a long shot but I'd give it a try.
Old 08-22-2014, 06:50 AM   #4
TrophyHunter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,107
Not that anyone knows me, but just a word that Evan is a solid guy who is involved in the ADV community here in SD and has done some great work on my bike. I'd loan him my stuff any time - a true "handshake contract" kinda guy.

Good luck on getting a venue....and a ride, Evan.

"It's a small amount of gas, but it represents a long walk" My Dad...
TrophyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 08:41 AM   #5
High Country Herb
Adventure Connoiseur

Oddometer: 7,768
A friend of mine got married on the overlook above Emerald Bay. Great spot, but his poor bride just about froze in her strapless wedding dress due to the time of year.
High Country Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 08:47 AM   #6
KTMDAD
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 354
http://www.tahoedirtbikes.com/
KTMDAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:48 AM   #7
fadingfastsd OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrophyHunter View Post
Not that anyone knows me, but just a word that Evan is a solid guy who is involved in the ADV community here in SD and has done some great work on my bike. I'd loan him my stuff any time - a true "handshake contract" kinda guy.

Good luck on getting a venue....and a ride, Evan.
Thanks Tim! Appreciate it bud. Hey on a side note, did you get your DR ignition switch from Jason?
Old 08-22-2014, 09:49 AM   #8
fadingfastsd OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Country Herb View Post
A friend of mine got married on the overlook above Emerald Bay. Great spot, but his poor bride just about froze in her strapless wedding dress due to the time of year.
We drove by there, amazing spot. I could see that being pretty cold. We're going to get married in December, so inside the lodge seems like a better idea than outside, even if you get a killer view of the lake!
Old 08-22-2014, 09:51 AM   #9
fadingfastsd OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMDAD View Post
I saw this, looks like fun, but I'm just looking for a street(legal) bike to take a spin all the way around the lake and see the area a little better.
Old 08-22-2014, 02:13 PM   #10
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Country Herb View Post
Pics?