Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Trip Planning > Asia Pacific
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2014, 06:19 PM   #1
ShaneBaby OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 127
Looking for a decent tyre to tackle Nepal India on anywhere in SE Asia?? Suggestions

Im gutted Im air freighting my DR650 to Nepal after riding from New Zealand to Thailand on K60s I cant find ANY decent tyres anywhere in SE Asia!! I have the choice of road tyres like K76 heidanaus or metzelr Tourances or soft as hell MX type tyres
I would love some K60s or Karoo 3s MT60s or something of that ilk at this rate Ill be shipping to Nepal on bald K60s because I cant find a decent adventure tyre in the whole of SE asia?? What am I doing wrong!?
ShaneBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 12:41 PM   #2
Mark Manley
On my way

Oddometer: 598
I would get the Metzelers which should be fine, the locals get around on road tyres so they should be up to the job.

"You've got to think for yourselves! You're all individuals!"-Brian of Nazareth
Mark Manley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 02:02 AM   #3
bush pilot
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,473
If you're in Bangkok you should be able to get anything you want.

Contact Khun Yut at Dynamic motors, he'll fix you up, speaks very good English too.
Iron Butt #35784
bush pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 11:17 PM   #4
ShaneBaby OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Thanks for the lead bush pilot!!! Ill try him just have to get up to Bangkok phuket is hard to leave
Old 08-11-2014, 03:45 AM   #5
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,338
sourcing tyres from BKK may not exactly be as easy as back home..but still I'd much rather sort it out there, than in South Asia, where its almost quaranteed to take a lot more effort.

or, if you're in South Thailand, you could maybe get it sorted in Penang Malaysia as well. They'll probably get stuff from Singapore.
Old 08-11-2014, 06:05 AM   #6
ShaneBaby OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Ok I have spent a week in Penang looking for tyres, I found a 150 Metzler tourance there to big for my DR though. I have flown to Singapore and spent a day riding around the bike shops there in hinsight I wish had yes to the K76 road tyres that I found in Singapore. Im convinced there is no K60 Karoo3 or MT60s in Singapore, Im in Phuket at the moment riding up to Bangkok tomorrow, There is a great store here called Pursat big bikes that I found everything else I needed he stocks pirellis but scorpians trails are so road orinatated compared to the K60 He couldnt get me MT60s. I messaged Asiana cycles in KL I would fly there to get them but they wont return messages or they cant speak english. I think Ill just get to Bangkok on my tyres and hope I can find something there
Some of those new Contis would be awesome
Old Yesterday, 07:26 PM   #7
peter4d
Life is adventure

Oddometer: 232
Good tyres in Bangkok

This is part of an email exchange re getting tyres in Bangkok in mid 2014.

I got a front and rear tyre which they fitted. You just go to there office and relax while they do it all.

I suggest you to pay a visit at AsianaMoto office at Map Location : 13.852765,100.704398 , it's locate at rim of Bangkok metro area ,In case you to make a call , there is a mobile : (+66) 82 441 0777 Attn: Miss. Dao, . currently we do have K60 in stock that fit with your bike and staff at office will help to to put the tire on.

For list price as below

- 90/90-21 - 3000 THB
- 150/70 B17 - 6100 THB

Check out contact page for office address.

URL : http://asianamoto.com/contact