User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2005, 04:31 PM   #1
emo OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
Pissed crappy touratech experience

Waited two weeks for my new fuel line quick disconnects before I started asking, "what the...". They got back to me four days later to say, "they're out of stock..maybe two to three more weeks... get back to us later and we may have more info". What happened to customer service? Maybe thay don't worry about such things when their products are so damn popular.
emo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 06:04 PM   #2
Black'N'White
Walter Mitty Stunt Double

Oddometer: 48
Only Two Weeks?

Only two weeks? I waited six *months* for Touratech crash bars and hand guards for my 12GS, ordered through a BMW dealer last January. When the hand guards arrived they turned out to be cheap plastic junk, so I offed 'em on eBay and snagged some Cycra aluminum guards for a make fit project. Touratech-USA really try hard, but they are far from experts on the equipment they sell, and in the end everything's dependent on the German end. So don't shoot the messenger, complain to the head cheese in Germany. Or better yet, get your stuff from Wunderlich 'cause the boys in Santa Cruz rule when it comes to customer service.

YMMV,

Scot

Black'N'White screwed with this post 10-18-2005 at 06:29 PM
Black'N'White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 06:37 PM   #3
westnash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,246
Why don't you move this to the vendor forum and it can be filed along next to other complaints about these people. Do you know if you dealt with Cheech or Chong there?

Evidently they don't care enough about their business to work on the customer service aspects.
westnash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 06:52 PM   #4
OUtback UFO
GLOW IN DARK SPACEINVADER

Oddometer: 2,595
Join the club... Touratech is a -205 on the custermor service side of things... they suck big ones... i had to bitch at them to get me a hard part a couple years ago...

One Meteior Crater surrounded by a lot of roos, emus, Yowies, drop bears and one major flood in the driest desert on Earth... There still was a bottle of red with dinner.

IBA#13157 BB1500 SS2000

Die Hohen Berghunde Agent X

My Motorcycling fine art Books are avalible at Blurb.com, click below.

159059 ss ed. 159059 sl ed. and Motorcycling to Aesthetics:Australia
OUtback UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 06:56 PM   #5
mastiffdog
DOGMAN

Oddometer: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUtback UFO
Join the club... Touratech is a -205 on the custermor service side of things... they suck big ones... i had to bitch at them to get me a hard part a couple years ago...
I could have quoted any one of you in this thread. Based on what I have read as a newby on the forum regarding Tourtech, it's no wonder to me that the German economy sucks so hard. They simply don't get it.
mastiffdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 07:05 PM   #6
Bimble
In giro in moto

Oddometer: 8,350
And on the other hand...

Sorry to hear you had trouble with them. I've had good service from them so far as in everything I've ordered was delivered quickly.

Old 10-18-2005, 07:14 PM   #7
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Oddometer: 17,922
I have found their customer service and attention to detail to be very good. They are also always pleasant to deal with. Once you get past the fact that they are selling products that they cannot get in sufficient quantity to satisfy demand (which also completely sucks from their perspective) and have zero control over when it will arrive from Germany, they are fine. I will use them again without hesitation, but I will not use them for anhything I need quickly that is not in stock when I place the order.
Smugmug Discount: https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=mStnWv71mNkjo
Support .orgs that work to protect your rights: ACLU, NRA, EFF
Emoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 07:25 PM   #8
bvkamp
agent provocateur

Oddometer: 1,525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimble Bee
Sorry to hear you had trouble with them. I've had good service from them so far as in everything I've ordered was delivered quickly.

same experience here
Old 10-18-2005, 08:28 PM   #9
CASTIRON
Solid, heavy, lo-tech.

Oddometer: 661
+1
As usual Emoto said it best.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:53 PM   #10
DA KLIXTER
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 581
+2
They've always taken great care of me(even loaned me a GPS when mine was in the shop)
They're A+ in my book.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:10 AM   #11
smallcandle
Lick the world...

Oddometer: 143
I have always had good luck with Touratech. Over the past six months I have placed about five different orders with them, and only one time was the shipment delayed. I called Seattle and spoke with someone, who in no time alerted me to the fact that my anticipated parts were on the way from the fatherland and would arrive shortly. Four days later the parts were on my front porch. Unfortunately, sometimes we all fall into the old "can't please everyone all of the time" philosophy. Give them another chance and they'll probably do right by you.
smallcandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 09:51 AM   #12
jussi
IBA#21420

Oddometer: 118
What he said :)

- Jussi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimble Bee

Old 10-19-2005, 10:15 AM   #13
jussi
IBA#21420

Oddometer: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastiffdog
I could have quoted any one of you in this thread. Based on what I have read as a newby on the forum regarding Tourtech, it's no wonder to me that the German economy sucks so hard. They simply don't get it.
Erh...well...their economy sucks, eh? Well...I do not find the US economy to be in a really good shape either, do you?

Quite honestly, the customer service in almost every occasion in the US I have experienced is mostly BS. If customer service is that someone answers the phone, gives you self a evident answer or an excuse and does nothing really to make it right, well then the customer service here is good. If you want more then...

Let's take a simple example...I call a dealer, or an apartment complex...or a bank or pretty much any place and they say, I will call you back. Do they? Naah. You have to call them again...and again...and again.

I would say it takes time to find those companies where you actually get good service. Roughly 8/10 is pure crap...to find those two who care, takes time and patience. And when you find them, you want to hang on them badly because you do not want to down that path again.

This is not really relevant to this discussion...it just bothers the hell out of me when someone says that you get especially good customer service in the US. IMHO good customer service is in today's world very very rare, everywhere, including the US.

I recently rode 22000 miles around the North America. I got service from roughly 12 different beemer dealers. Out of those 12, three I can say had good customer service, BMW of Atlanta being solid nro 1 on my ranking. These guys were awsome! I also had to make an unscheduled stop in Seattle to get my 2610 Garmin functional again....fortunately it was there because Cyco- Active/Touratech-USA guys happend to be in the same town. I got excellent service, no better place to have a GPS trouble, I tell you that :)

Peace out (I guess I needed some venting ;) )

Jussi
Old 10-19-2005, 11:16 AM   #14
kres
Arrrrrrrrr!

Oddometer: 1,197
I've found Touratech to be fine to deal with under the following conditions:

A) CALL ahead to see if they have your part. The web system sucks hard, and is almost always behind:

1-800-491-2926
(206)323-2349
M - F 9:00 - 5:30 PDT (Not one second after 5:30 either!)

B) Order the part if they have it in stock. If It's not in stock don't even THINK about it. No one in that company has a clue about their supply chain, stuff appears automagicly and most of it evaperates servicing some poor fool that has been waiting 4 months for his part to arrive.

I treat them a little like a flea markert: If I find it then great! If I don't that's the nature of the beast.
kres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 01:18 PM   #15
Marco Prozzo
Off the Grid&Outa'the Box

Oddometer: 82
Pissed

Quote:
Originally Posted by emo
Waited two weeks for my new fuel line quick disconnects before I started asking, "what the...". They got back to me four days later to say, "they're out of stock..maybe two to three more weeks... get back to us later and we may have more info". What happened to customer service? Maybe thay don't worry about such things when their products are so damn popular.

I ordered a pair of Cowboy Jammies from Touratech and they arrived with cartridge shell buttons. The picture showed Buffalo Nickel buttons! Those loser's over on Cherry Street won't even return my phone calls. The one time they did pick up they thought they'd put me on hold, but I heard'em laughing in the background! I thought it my obligation when I read this thoughtful post to chime in and maybe save some poor soul from the agony and embarrassment of the Touratech experience. I had to sleep buck naked while my buttons were back-ordered from Germany! Let me tell you, that ain't pretty! When they finally came the were the cheap plastic kind, and the shoddy stiching on my buttoned-fly chafed my willy and gave me a rash. I sent the loser's digital pictures of my rash and the next day they were all over the Internet. I got fired from my job and my wife left me. Stay away from Touratech. You've been warned!
(206)467-9696
Photography Website
Marco Prozzo is offline   Reply With Quote