Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2010, 02:52 AM   #1
dougfromindy OP
I smell premix

Oddometer: 2,222
Michigan, thumb area, very nice cottage 4 RENT per night, riding trails, Lake Huron

***** ADVrider rate $80 per night *****Newly Remodeled/ Very Nice/Clean/ Cottage/house , 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchen, stove, laundry, fridge, TV dvd movies, extra couch, 2 living rooms, fireplace PLUS 80 Acres of Offroad Trails, all gravel roads in area for miles..& is directly across the street from Lake Huron and has beach access. We rent the place out all Fall season to deer hunters but is NOW AVAILABLE. THE THUMB AREA is a GREAT PLACE TO RIDE, much quieter, less tourists than the west side of state. Get a bunch of friends together and spend a few nights here, you will like it.

**** Also available are primitive camp sites (tent) at $15 per night.****

****If you want to grab a hotel in Port Huron and ride trails here for the day, that is also an option****

Please PM me to reserve or if just riding by can call my Dad at info listed below.

***PIAZZA's COTTAGE ***2898 S LAKESHORE RD ***APPLEGATE, MI 48401***

(US 25) between LEXINGTON and PORT SANILAC, MICHIGAN *** (about 25 miles North of Port Huron...1.5 hour ride from Detroit) We are just north of Townsend Rd.
see google earth----GPS 43*20' 45.37 N , 82*32' 18.82 W

-send a PM to reserve---DOUG PIAZZA if just riding by and need a place or a tent site then call my DAD, JIM PIAZZA at 810-359-2231

dougfromindy screwed with this post 07-11-2014 at 10:58 AM
dougfromindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 04:24 AM   #2
GAS GUY
MILE EATER

Oddometer: 2,991
could you describe the 80 acres of offroad trails ???are they private ? how far from the cabin??just wondering cause i dont recall any orv trails in the thumb.
GAS GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:09 AM   #3
efredette
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
Is there a restaurant nearby? What condition is the road to the cottage? Can I ride there on a street bike?
efredette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:20 AM   #4
efredette
Adventurer

or the nearest grocery would be fine too. How far off a paved road? Wondering if I can find in the dark...as my ride will probably get me there pretty late in the day.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:40 AM   #5
efredette
Adventurer

Sorry found it...right off road. Will send PM with potential dates.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:45 AM   #6
dougfromindy OP
I smell premix

answers to 3 questions

#1 This is all private land. The trails are grassy and nice. They are not all torn up with huge mud ruts and unknown water crossings. What also is nice is since its not an ORV park, you will have NO jeeps or dune buggies to surprise you on the trail. You could take a 2wd drive truck or a golf cart through them, so if you are using compromising dualsport tires you will do fine. We ask that you sign a liability waiver as we don't like lawyers. We also ask that you tread lightly although I run a CR500 and grass always grows back. Some off trails are challenging if you are searching for that. The trails are directly behind cottage, you are there, ride up to cottage. #2 Pine Hill Store is less than a mile away, in fact you can walk there. Nice people and open late. Beer, food, and supplies. Also is a bar there called Shady Shores serves food, pool tables, etc. At the corner of Applegate Rd and US25 =Lakeshore Rd if you want to see it, use google earth. You are 5 miles to fuel/gas/restaurants/grocery store/pizza/dairy queen/mex food/hardware store/golf course as we are directly situated between the nice resort towns of Lexington and Port Sanilac, also 5 miles to Croswell which has a diner, park, and swinging bridge. If you must have Target/Walmart the big cities of Port Huron and Sandusky are about 25 miles away on paved road #3 An all street bike is fine, us 25 is all paved, the google man is looking at the house now, you ride up a nice driveway and as long as your legs can touch the ground you should not crash your pretty blue FZ6. **********This is a boating/fishing/resort area, if you search area for rental places you will find VERY HIGH PRICES. $80 to rent a big place like this is a SUPERDEAL, its MY house and land, all I ask is you take care of it and enjoy your riding adventures, thanks Doug ******************

dougfromindy screwed with this post 03-30-2010 at 11:07 AM
Old 04-06-2010, 05:06 AM   #7
Mad Monk
Enjoying the Ride

Oddometer: 99
Sweet cottage Doug! How are the back roads from Indy? Ever done it?

1973 BMW R75/5
1976 Honda CB550 four
1974 Honda CB750K
2001 Honda VT1100 C2
1994 Honda TRX300EX
Mad Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 07:19 PM   #8
dougfromindy OP
I smell premix

Tax Time, LOW rates April & May Only.

1 night $80 2 nights $150 3 nights $200
Old 12-25-2010, 09:34 PM   #9
GAS GUY
MILE EATER

I would like to get up there and check it out this summer. If i didn't need the cottage i would like to at least tent camp and check out the trails and area.
If I wanted to take the family their some time, what about well behaved dogs??? Are they allowed?
Old 12-25-2010, 09:43 PM   #10
dougfromindy OP
I smell premix

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjinscout View Post
I would like to get up there and check it out this summer. If i didn't need the cottage i would like to at least tent camp and check out the trails and area.
If I wanted to take the family their some time, what about well behaved dogs??? Are they allowed?
Yes, Dogs are AOK. Its a very short drive from Detroit area, I have a house in Ferndale as well...nice escape from the motor city madhouse. We have some nice tent spots with picnic tables, firewood, firepit, can hike in woods or walk on beach.
Old 12-25-2010, 10:07 PM   #11
GAS GUY
MILE EATER

Are the trails in the woods okay for exploring with a 1200 gsa with trail attacks??
Old 12-27-2010, 09:34 PM   #12
dougfromindy OP
I smell premix

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjinscout View Post
Are the trails in the woods okay for exploring with a 1200 gsa with trail attacks??
Yes, nothing too bad. You would like the dirt roads everywhere. I like to go for breakfast on a gravel road, its a nice area, blue skies, near lake, clean air, escape from detroit

dougfromindy screwed with this post 06-19-2012 at 12:11 PM
Old 07-20-2011, 02:44 PM   #13
jzee
John Z

Oddometer: 565
Looks great will have to check it out some time.
jzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 03:23 PM   #14
dougfromindy OP
I smell premix

great place

Just did a loop of lower Michigan on v-strom.
This is a great area to ride both dirt and street.
We offer the cottage that holds 6 people for $80 per night or camping sites that have a picnic table/fire ring/ port-o-let potty / shower and great riding trails for $15 per night. There is a bar/grill (shady shores) a mile away as well as Pine Hill Market (beer/groceries/supplies). You can even walk there, its closeby.
We are right in between Lexington and Port sanilac , 5 mile trip to each.
Also is a great starting point to ride to Port Austin , Crescent Beach SRA, lots of really beautiful Michigan State Parks nearby with scenic beaches.
The nice thing about the Thumb area is its quiet.
No tourists and traffic jams like awful Traverse City and West coast.
The State parks are excellent but campgrounds do get busy on weekends and they are pricey as well.
We offer solitude...quiet place to camp/hike/ride...no RVs or crowds.
PM me if you need any info....even riding help around Michigan.
I ride both street and off road and know many areas.
thanks, Doug
Old 05-17-2012, 06:57 PM   #15
marine_mike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 297
I just read this. I'll keep it in mind since I'm down south in Mount Clemens. Good deal.
marine_mike is offline   Reply With Quote