Pics from Arkansas Trip - 10/21-10/23

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Kidder, Oct 25, 2005.

1. Kidder

Kidder Poser

Oddometer:
    Link

Trip report to follow. Hopefully.
  2. ilmostro

ilmostro Under Da Sea

Oddometer:
    You had better. Or we will make our own report :evil
  3. ilmostro

ilmostro Under Da Sea

Oddometer:
    Ok... So the n00b didn't think his trip was interesting enough to tell us about it but just give a link to some pictures he took. :bore

I bet his trip really was spectacualr, he is just missing the right words to give it a little flair. I'll start off and if anyone feels like jumping in to help out, feel free. :ilmostro

Hi everyone in ADV land :wave My name is Poindexter and I wanted to share a really cool ride that I took to Arkansas with my "Special Friend" Sergio. :rabia

This is Sergio astride his GSXR. It's actually a 600 but the guys at the flower shop kept making fun of him and kicking it over so he put 750 stickers on it.

[​IMG]

I have a GSXR too. I'm not sure what displacement it is because the bags are covering the stickers. When I bought the bike it had the bags on it and I can't figure out how to get them off. Can anyone help me? :scratch

[​IMG]

I really like the bags though. It gives me extra cargo capacity to carry my hair care products and my travel tea set. The stickers on the fairings are from my sponsors. I get free fuel at every ELF station I stop at. With todays gas prices this really comes in handy. :nod

This is a really neat road with corners on it. We didn't actually go down this road but I thought it would make an interesting picture anyhow.

[​IMG]

Someone once told me that every ADV ride report had to have a bridge in it. So here you go. We didn't actually cross this bridge. Sergio is afraid of heights and pees his pants at anything higher than a bar stool. So we had to turn around and go back the way we came.

[​IMG]

We came accross this little sign. Sergio said they spelled Fairy wrong.

We giggled :lol3

[​IMG]
  4. LaOutbackTrail

LaOutbackTrail Certified Smartass

Oddometer:
    Hey Mr. Fairy Man, Where is that bridge and ferry?
  5. RogueMonkey

RogueMonkey compensating hose clamp

Oddometer:
    ilmostro, you are a dork. No offense to dork. :D

Nice ride report butt-in. :lol3
  6. bmwblake

bmwblake upside down parker

Oddometer:
    in arkansas (didn't you read the report title)

7. BlakKrauStudios

BlakKrauStudios I'm cool... right?

Oddometer:
    They look like Cortech Sport Bags. I have the same. They should have 4 plastic snap hooks on them, perhaps secured to the turn signals and rear foot-pegs. That's how I have them on my SV.

I don't know if I'd get on a bike of an unknown displacement.:scratch If I were to spend that much money on something, I'd be damn sure what I was buying!
  8. LaOutbackTrail

LaOutbackTrail Certified Smartass

Oddometer:
    Oh, well damn, then I cant go, I was going to har-kansas
  9. ilmostro

ilmostro Under Da Sea

Oddometer:
    I don't suppose you played with the plastic bag the panniers came in did you?

Eat lead paint as a child?

Play football without a helmet?
  10. ilmostro

ilmostro Under Da Sea

Oddometer:
    Alrighty. Let's see where our intrepid travellers left off...

All this talk of fairies had Sergio and I worked in to quite a lather and at this point we could think of nothing more exciting than jumping on a big, hard fairy. :evil

Imagine our disapointment when we discovered they did spell "ferry" correctly :bluduh Here Sergio cries his wee little eyes out after a disapointing fairy ride. Boo-hoo Sergio. Boo-hoo :2cry

[​IMG]

The fairy dropped us off on the edge of a forest. Hoping it was anenchanted forest we quickly doffed our riding gear and got into our princess outfits we had thoughtfully packed in the hopes of an event such as this. :flug

[​IMG]

We pranced and we danced with feet as light as feathers. Our princess wands waved playfully above our heads. Giggling like schoolgirls we hoped to catch a glance of a mythical forest creature. Like a unicorn or a sprite or maybe even Mutineer on a bike that remained magicly vertical.

Sadly it was not to be. It turned out it was not the enchanted forest we had hoped for. We ended up having to run for our lives when some large mountain men chased us with pitchforks and torches. Too bad. The one in the flannel shirt was kinda cute. :smooch

*sigh*

Back to the story...

"Damn!" Cried Sergio

"What's wrong? Did we miss Designing Women on Oxygen?" I gasped.

"No" came Sergio's reply "It's a dam."

Sure enough it was.

[​IMG]

A dam. :augie

We passed a field that had a few airplanes in it. I asked Sergio if he wanted to go for a ride. He peed his pants.

[​IMG]

It was getting late and Sergio and I needed to get home. It was the 3rd wedding anniversary of out chihuahuas Mr. Bubbles and Maria. We had a big night planned for them and we hadn't even started work on the Snausage piniata we had promised them.

We pointed the bikes toward home.

[​IMG]

Although we only rode 36 miles today (not counting riding the Fairy) we wanted to fit in with the hard core ADV types like Ken90210 and Bert. We painted a white stripe on our back tires in a lovely eggshell blonde we happened to have lying around to make us look like the long distance bad asses we really are.

[​IMG]

I hope you enjoyed our ride report. Until next time, don't bend over in the garden, them taters got eyes! :evil

:ilmostro
  11. RedneckGirl

RedneckGirl Cradle Robber

Oddometer:
    :rofl
  12. VespaFitz

VespaFitz No-good-son-of-a-bitch

Oddometer:
    Greatest ride report ever.

From now on, nobody writes their own ride reports. Post your pictures, then ask ilMostro to write them.
  13. VespaFitz

Oddometer:
    Better yet, have Linzi write them in the style of "Linzi's Oscar Night Fashion Report." She's much funnier than the big dummy.
  14. R59

R59 they call me Rocker

Oddometer:
    The ferry is on Hwy 125 at the Arkansas/Missouri border. From Mountain Home, West on US-412, West on AR-14, North on AR-125 through Peel to the ferry.

The bridge looks like it's crossing the White River. Possibly on AR-5 Near Calico Rock. That's my best guess, anyway...

The airport appears to be Gaston's on the White River. Nice resort.

The dam must be Norfolk, just South of Mountain Home.

Great area to ride!
  15. flip18436572

flip18436572 Broke ex-YMCA employee

Oddometer:
    I guess I missed that ride report. Can you find me a link???? This is much better than an actual ride report.

OK, I did a search and then decided that Linzi's report is second fiddle to this style of report. Just my $.02
  16. ilmostro

ilmostro Under Da Sea

Oddometer:
    :nod That shit is fuh-knee. :rofl
  17. Linzi

Linzi Long timer

Oddometer:
    Don't wait around for my Christmas card, pal.
  18. ilmostro

ilmostro Under Da Sea

Oddometer:

He will get one from me though. :fitz
  19. VespaFitz

Oddometer:
    DrizzleFlip has no sense of humor, apparently.
  20. VespaFitz

Oddometer:
    That and Dukegirl's GS Riders that Suck are tops in my list for 2005. :nod