Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2011, 04:38 AM   #1951
Chef Gareth
Live 2 Ride

Oddometer: 214
Sorry Rodger but I have another question, I have read that the 36L isn't as tough as the 35L is this right? and if they are why do you stock two boxes that are pretty much the same size? Is the 36 a pelican?

I thought I had decided on box size and just needed to choose witch rack to go with but there are so many options with your luggage and rack combinations that its hard make the right choice!!!

Thanks again,

Chef
Chef Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 07:49 AM   #1952
CaribouCases OP
Boulder CO

Oddometer: 1,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Gareth View Post
Sorry Rodger but I have another question, I have read that the 36L isn't as tough as the 35L is this right? and if they are why do you stock two boxes that are pretty much the same size? Is the 36 a pelican?

I thought I had decided on box size and just needed to choose witch rack to go with but there are so many options with your luggage and rack combinations that its hard make the right choice!!!

Thanks again,

Chef

The 36L is a Pelican Storm case, the 35L is a Pelican case,a nd the 40L is an SKB case. The 36L and 40L cases have easier to use push-button activated latches as compared to the press-down latches on the 35L, and have a smooth matte black finish. The 36L case is lighter by 1lb as well. They all meet the same MIL Spec for impact, UV/Chemical resistance and Waterproofness, and are all very tough cases. Our field data shows no one case is better than the other. You really can’t go wrong with either. Please see our video for more information.

Hope this helps, thnk you.

-roger
Made in Boulder, Colorado USA
PH: 303-786-8947 Mon-Sat 8:00am-5:00pm Mountain Time Zone
CaribouCases is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 06:22 AM   #1953
CaribouCases OP
Boulder CO

Request for bikes

Hello everyone,

We need loaner bikes in the Denver/Boulder CO area to do design work in exchange for a great deal on luggage. We need the new Triumph Tiger 800, and we need the new BMW G650GS. Please email roger@cariboucases.com or call us 303-786-8947.

Thank you!

-roger
Old 06-02-2011, 06:53 PM   #1954
dsbiker
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Yamaha Super Tenere XT1200Z

Is Yamaha Super Tenere XT1200Z on your radar at all haven't seen it mentioned and your system looks interesting to say the least.
dsbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 10:34 AM   #1955
CaribouCases OP
Boulder CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsbiker View Post
Is Yamaha Super Tenere XT1200Z on your radar at all haven't seen it mentioned and your system looks interesting to say the least.
Hello,

Yes, we have complete side case systems ready to ship now, you may find them on our web site here...
http://cariboucases.com/store/?name=...=i&item=000358

here... http://cariboucases.com/store/?name=...=i&item=000359

and here...
http://cariboucases.com/store/?name=...=i&item=000360

We do need a loaner bike to get the top case done and to do our own Side racks.

Thank you.

-roger
Old 06-04-2011, 04:30 PM   #1956
MaineRunner
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
34L top case as a backrest?

Hi Roger,

I'm interested in buying your 34L top case system for my BMW 2011 R1200 GSA. I was wondering; how does this case work as a backrest for a passenger? Would you have any pics showing how this case looks on this bike looking from the front of the bike?

Thanks...
MaineRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 03:25 PM   #1957
CaribouCases OP
Boulder CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaineRunner View Post
Hi Roger,

I'm interested in buying your 34L top case system for my BMW 2011 R1200 GSA. I was wondering; how does this case work as a backrest for a passenger? Would you have any pics showing how this case looks on this bike looking from the front of the bike?

Thanks...
Hello,

We are working on a backrest pad for the 34L case. Should be done in a few weeks, and it can be added later if you buy the case now (no holes to drill or anything like that). I don't have a photo of the 34L case on the 1200GS viewed from the front of the bike.

Thank you.

-roger
Old 06-06-2011, 06:28 AM   #1958
CaribouCases OP
Boulder CO

New Accessories, Special Shipping for Canadians

Hello,

We have two new Caribou accessories:

Tie-Down brackets made of 1/8" powder coated steel, low profile, super strong, perfect shape for straps, all hardware is included...

SOLAS GRade Reflective Tape Kits. We tested several types and brands of reflective tape on the market, and found this to be the best in terms of reflectivity and staying stuck to our cases that have a low surface energy (hard to get things to stick to them). The 2" width wraps around the outer radius corners of our cases and provides front, side, corner and rear visibility...

Attention Canadians! We now have a 3rd Buy Button on our web site devoted to Canadian orders that offers a lower shipping cost to Canada as compared to the rest of the world outside the USA.

Visit our web site www.cariboucases.com or call 303-786-8947 M-S 8:00am-5:00pm MT to order.

Thank you!
-roger

CaribouCases screwed with this post 06-07-2011 at 08:52 AM
Old 06-14-2011, 06:39 PM   #1959
TierHawg
Herder of the J-Cats

Oddometer: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaribouCases View Post
Introducing the Caribou side luggage system for the Yamaha XT1200Z Super Tenere. For this system we use our 35L Pelican, 36L Pelican-Storm and 40L SKB cases with integrated lid locks, dual lid lanyards, and internal retention straps with center clip. Available to ship today, visit our web site here http://cariboucases.com/store/?name=...=i&item=000358 here.. http://cariboucases.com/store/?name=...=i&item=000359 and here... http://cariboucases.com/store/?name=...=i&item=000360 to order.

The side rack included with this system is the Hepco Becker "Lock-It" rack - very strong, high quality, and most of the rack may be removed in a few minutes via quarter-turn fasteners. You can also use our Hard Bolt kit to convert this rack to a regular bolted version.

More photos to follow in the coming weeks. Thank you!

-roger
Any new pics of this rack set-up? Are the two side joined together under the rear flap? These are on my very short list of ST farkels.

Thanks, TH
TierHawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:41 PM   #1960
inmate-n00b
Ciao, Marco

Oddometer: 1,006
extra fuel with pelicans

Anyone mount the rotopax to their cases?
Specifically their side cases?
What about a rotopax or gas canister on their side case?
I'd like to see some photos of that.
Roger, do you have any?

I'm trying to brain storm how to take extra fuel with me.

Thx.
inmate-n00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:28 AM   #1961
CaribouCases OP
Boulder CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TierHawg View Post
Any new pics of this rack set-up? Are the two side joined together under the rear flap? These are on my very short list of ST farkels.

Thanks, TH
Hello,

Sorry but no new photos at this time, it is looking like August before we can get the super Tenere photos done. The rear of the rack is indeed attached side-to-side with a rear cross brace (as all Hepco Becker Racks are designed).

Hope this helps, thank you.

-rog
Old 06-15-2011, 10:30 AM   #1962
CaribouCases OP
Boulder CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG_WTF View Post
Anyone mount the rotopax to their cases?
Specifically their side cases?
What about a rotopax or gas canister on their side case?
I'd like to see some photos of that.
Roger, do you have any?

I'm trying to brain storm how to take extra fuel with me.

Thx.
We don't have photos of the Rotopax attached to our cases, but some have reported that they have done it to the rear-facing flat surface of the case using some spacers (you have to get out past the rib of the lid/body seal)

-roger
Old 06-15-2011, 12:38 PM   #1963
inmate-n00b
Ciao, Marco

Do you think adding 1 or more rotopax mounts like the pic below would weaken the case somehow?

Old 06-15-2011, 01:00 PM   #1964
CaribouCases OP
Boulder CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG_WTF View Post
Do you think adding 1 or more rotopax mounts like the pic below would weaken the case somehow?

You are not going to hurt the case, but remember those BMW nutserts down in the bowels of your rear tail section on the F800GS? In other words, you are limited by the BMW tail section design, and you know very well about that But I know you OMGWTF, and I know you are brave with endless resourcefullness. I think each gallon of fluid is 6lbs. Its not the best place up high for that kind of weight, assuming you are thinking of the top case.

-rog
Old 06-15-2011, 03:43 PM   #1965
inmate-n00b
Ciao, Marco

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaribouCases View Post
You are not going to hurt the case, but remember those BMW nutserts down in the bowels of your rear tail section on the F800GS? In other words, you are limited by the BMW tail section design, and you know very well about that But I know you OMGWTF, and I know you are brave with endless resourcefullness. I think each gallon of fluid is 6lbs. Its not the best place up high for that kind of weight, assuming you are thinking of the top case.

-rog
Awww...thanks for the compliment .

I still have my doubts about the nutserts I had to install myself, but so far it's been fine. I generally keep my topcase reserved for some food, rain/heated gear, gadgets, chargers, water.........so I keep it lighter than my side cases. I see your point, though. The nutserts are just aluminum. I'm sure they would break free of the subframe under stress.

What if I mount the rotopax forward to the topcase? If I snug them together, it may be secure. I could snug them together using the brackets that you sell. If the rotopax moves a lot, if could break the quarter turn fasteners in the topcase. Most of the weight will supported by the seat,except when moving forward, braking, hitting bumps.....
Sort of like this: