Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2007, 06:25 PM   #751
peytonk
St. Joe

Oddometer: 96
Roger, how does the top case for the 650GS integrate with the rack for the side bags? I have the Caribou Case System on my Dakar and really like the idea of the top case. Do you have any photos of bikes with both installed? Thank you very much.
peytonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 06:29 PM   #752
richc
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc mad
Really like the look of that roger

I've just ordered one but forgot to mention i'd like it keying the same as the side cases i have, i'll drop you a pm with the key number if you need it.
Me too. Ordered the rack last night - I've never liked top cases but am considering it. Want to see some pictures of yours when you get it mounted.
richc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 07:07 PM   #753
CaribouCases OP
Boulder CO

Oddometer: 1,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by peytonk
Roger, how does the top case for the 650GS integrate with the rack for the side bags? I have the Caribou Case System on my Dakar and really like the idea of the top case. Do you have any photos of bikes with both installed? Thank you very much.
I'll post a pic of both side and top cases on the same bike in a few days. Just to clarify, you don't need the side case system in order to mount the top case system. They are compatible but not tied together in any way.
Made in Boulder, Colorado USA
PH: 303-786-8947 Mon-Sat 8:00am-5:00pm Mountain Time Zone
CaribouCases is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:06 PM   #754
peytonk
St. Joe

Oddometer: 96
Thanks Roger. I was looking at the previous post with the pictures of the Dakar and I was just wondering how all the hardware would fit together especially around the license plate. I love the idea of being able to put my camera equipment on the back for easy access.
peytonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 05:29 AM   #755
rnr
Simple. Fast. Paid for.

Oddometer: 1,002
ok...need beta? :)

I've got two project ahead of the DR 650, so I would say July.

son and I leaving for Texas in late July. he really liked the looks of the Pelicans. and i like the useability, strength and waterproofness.

we are totally available for Beta testing ...

or he'll strap on a canoe bag ...
rnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 08:25 AM   #756
Wind_Rider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 304
Ulysses Top Case Update

Hi Roger,

I got a set of your Caribou cases and racks as soon as they came out for the Ulysses. I have to say that I had very high hopes for this setup and they are better than I imagined. It is really nice to have some lockable storage on the bike and they are so fast and simple to take on and off. I also really like the very narrow profile of the bike with the luggage on ... the factory Ulysses bags are very fat in comparison.

I just got back from a weeklong business trip from Boise, Idaho to Salt Lake City, Utah on the Uly and the bags were great. It rained hard on me once and the bags did not let a drop in.

I take my bike to work as well and use a Pelican 1490 case filled with a laptop computer and some handtools. It currently is riding on the triple tail and secured with a bungee net but a top case would be nice for this task.

Here are a few pics with the bags on the bike so that others can see the Caribous on an orange Uly:

Have you been able to solve the problems with Uly topcase yet? Will it be coming to your website soon?
Wind_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:57 AM   #757
CaribouCases OP
Boulder CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind_Rider
Hi Roger,

I got a set of your Caribou cases and racks as soon as they came out for the Ulysses. I have to say that I had very high hopes for this setup and they are better than I imagined. It is really nice to have some lockable storage on the bike and they are so fast and simple to take on and off. I also really like the very narrow profile of the bike with the luggage on ... the factory Ulysses bags are very fat in comparison.

I just got back from a weeklong business trip from Boise, Idaho to Salt Lake City, Utah on the Uly and the bags were great. It rained hard on me once and the bags did not let a drop in.

I take my bike to work as well and use a Pelican 1490 case filled with a laptop computer and some handtools. It currently is riding on the triple tail and secured with a bungee net but a top case would be nice for this task.

Here are a few pics with the bags on the bike so that others can see the Caribous on an orange Uly:

Have you been able to solve the problems with Uly topcase yet? Will it be coming to your website soon?
Great pics, mind if I use them for on my website?

The Uly topcase is a problem since it must be hanging off the back and supported with the few bolts that are rather close together. I did some work on it and the bike just was not designed with a rear top case in mind. I may take another shot at it later this summer.
Old 04-03-2007, 01:33 PM   #758
rc mad
Physycotic gecko

Oddometer: 1,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by richc
Me too. Ordered the rack last night - I've never liked top cases but am considering it. Want to see some pictures of yours when you get it mounted.
Will do rich, shame i won't have the top box before thursday, going camping for 4 days over easter
rc mad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 08:36 PM   #759
Wind_Rider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 304
Uly Pics and Top Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaribouCases
Great pics, mind if I use them for on my website?

The Uly topcase is a problem since it must be hanging off the back and supported with the few bolts that are rather close together. I did some work on it and the bike just was not designed with a rear top case in mind. I may take another shot at it later this summer.
Hi Roger,

Yes, the Buells are designed to put all of the weight in the center of the bike. However, they do run a topcase as a Buell factory mount option. Do you know if the Buell top case mounting hardware can live with the caribou racks?

No problem to use the pics. I will send you some more via email.
Wind_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 07:17 PM   #760
CaribouCases OP
Boulder CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind_Rider
Hi Roger,

Yes, the Buells are designed to put all of the weight in the center of the bike. However, they do run a topcase as a Buell factory mount option. Do you know if the Buell top case mounting hardware can live with the caribou racks?

No problem to use the pics. I will send you some more via email.
I think the Buell top case brackets and Caribou brackets share the same bolt holes up under the grab rails. Not sure though. Would be great if someone could confirm.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:18 AM   #761
soloyosh
Dad and husband

Oddometer: 5,475
Quote:
I think the Buell top case brackets and Caribou brackets share the same bolt holes up under the grab rails. Not sure though. Would be great if someone could confirm.

Top case rack attaches at these points. The top point is used by the Caribou side-racks.

The bottom point attached to this bar that goes underneath and bolts to the subframe.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:47 PM   #762
Bimjo
Crashes at zero speed...

Oddometer: 321
Mounted up the Caribou top case (1550) on the Wee Strom this morning and then took it for a little 235 mile shakedown cruise. Road surfaces varied from washboard dirt to bumpy asphalt backroads (nicely twisty ones of course) to the evil concrete super slab. Speeds from a near crawl to 85mph (gps speed) with nary a twitch.

Everything is still as tight as it was when I left home. Carried the dslr/camera bag/tripod without issue.

Bottom line? Me likey! I'd buy another one if I had someplace to mount it.

Posing in front of Ice Harbor Dam on the Snake river.

Same pose from a different angle.

This one was at Lower Monumental Dam, upstream from Ice Harbor Dam.

Repeat pose, front view.

Near Lyons Ferry, WA. This is just down the canyon from Palouse Falls, upstream of the 2 dams.

Roger, feel free to use any pic you'd like. Let me know if you want a bigger version.
Bimjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 11:30 AM   #763
CaribouCases OP
Boulder CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimjo
Mounted up the Caribou top case (1550) on the Wee Strom this morning and then took it for a little 235 mile shakedown cruise. Road surfaces varied from washboard dirt to bumpy asphalt backroads (nicely twisty ones of course) to the evil concrete super slab. Speeds from a near crawl to 85mph (gps speed) with nary a twitch.

Everything is still as tight as it was when I left home. Carried the dslr/camera bag/tripod without issue.

Bottom line? Me likey! I'd buy another one if I had someplace to mount it.

Posing in front of Ice Harbor Dam on the Snake river.

Same pose from a different angle.

This one was at Lower Monumental Dam, upstream from Ice Harbor Dam.

Repeat pose, front view.

Near Lyons Ferry, WA. This is just down the canyon from Palouse Falls, upstream of the 2 dams.

Roger, feel free to use any pic you'd like. Let me know if you want a bigger version.
Best pictures of a bike near a dam site! Thank you Jim.
Old 04-07-2007, 06:57 PM   #764
Bimjo
Crashes at zero speed...

Oddometer: 321
Quote:
Best pictures of a bike near a dam site! Thank you Jim.
No problem, thanks for a superior product.
Bimjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 06:58 PM   #765
CaribouCases OP
Boulder CO

Rear Top Case & Cargo Plate for BMW F650GS/DAKAR Single Spark now available

The rear top cases and cargo plate for the Single Spark BMW F650GS/DAKAR is now available.

Note: We no longer make this product.

CaribouCases screwed with this post 07-09-2011 at 03:17 PM