ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-02-2008, 06:35 AM   #1426
CaribouCases OP
Boulder CO
 
CaribouCases's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: Adventure Rider & Aftermarket Systems Manufacturer
Oddometer: 1,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by 990Dream
Caribou Cases ALS system for Hepco & Becker racks???
Are we going to have them in time for X-mas?



.
I think we can get them done now that we've got the F800GS out of the way. Thank you for your patience.
__________________
Roger Pioszak, Caribou Luggage Systems.
Please see the beginning of the Pelican-Based Luggage Thread in the Vendor Forum .
www.cariboucases.com
Made in Boulder, Colorado USA
PH: 303-786-8947 Mon-Sat 8:00am-5:00pm Mountain Time Zone
CaribouCases is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 02:57 PM   #1427
vagstrom
Gnarly Adventurer
 
vagstrom's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: homeless in ME
Oddometer: 173
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaribouCases
On the DL 650 in particular the exhaust side case is about 1" further out from the bike than the non-exhaust side. This does not effect handling and 1" difference is hard to see, especially since the exhaust is on one side only which sort of throws things off visually from the back.

and thanks for answering my follow up. one or two more paychecks and ill be calling you
vagstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 05:25 AM   #1428
AirDoc
Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Sacramento, CA
Oddometer: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaribouCases
Just finished the design of the side case system and top case system for the new BMW F800GS and F650GS Twin. In production now and about 30 Days for availability . Will post some pics when everything is powder coated nice and pretty.

Ken, you can pick up your bike a day early if you want.

Hey Roger,

Great news, I know we're all excited to see photos of the setup. Any chance you have width measurements and some photos to share? With all the backordered parts for the 800/650 twins, new owners are chomping at the bit to farkle!
AirDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 10:26 AM   #1429
CaribouCases OP
Boulder CO
 
CaribouCases's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: Adventure Rider & Aftermarket Systems Manufacturer
Oddometer: 1,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirDoc
Hey Roger,

Great news, I know we're all excited to see photos of the setup. Any chance you have width measurements and some photos to share? With all the backordered parts for the 800/650 twins, new owners are chomping at the bit to farkle!
It's about 38-39" across the back, the exhaust side is about 1" further out from the center of the bike than the right side. No photos yet, in about 3 weeks I hope to post the phtos. It is a very strong rack.
__________________
Roger Pioszak, Caribou Luggage Systems.
Please see the beginning of the Pelican-Based Luggage Thread in the Vendor Forum .
www.cariboucases.com
Made in Boulder, Colorado USA
PH: 303-786-8947 Mon-Sat 8:00am-5:00pm Mountain Time Zone
CaribouCases is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 12:18 PM   #1430
PackMule
love what you do
 
PackMule's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: New Hampshah
Oddometer: 19,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaribouCases
It is a very strong rack.

I'm liking the sound of that...



Is it expected to be in the same price ballpark as the other systems?
__________________
Nate in N.E.

Yes, I have a Dakar problem -- that there are 50 weeks of the year without Dakar!

They don't expect you to finish. That's why it's the Dakar. -- PPiA


Get your sweet Pyndon DakARTwork here

Pyndon '13
PackMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 12:52 PM   #1431
CaribouCases OP
Boulder CO
 
CaribouCases's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: Adventure Rider & Aftermarket Systems Manufacturer
Oddometer: 1,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackMule
I'm liking the sound of that...



Is it expected to be in the same price ballpark as the other systems?
Yes, same pricing as our other racks for BMW, KTM, KLR, V-Strom. Top case pricing same idea. F800GS and F650GS twin use the same exact luggage system since the bikes have the exact same rear subframe we attach to. No difference between the two, I really like that .
__________________
Roger Pioszak, Caribou Luggage Systems.
Please see the beginning of the Pelican-Based Luggage Thread in the Vendor Forum .
www.cariboucases.com
Made in Boulder, Colorado USA
PH: 303-786-8947 Mon-Sat 8:00am-5:00pm Mountain Time Zone
CaribouCases is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 09:19 PM   #1432
502MAD
502MAD
 
502MAD's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Whitby, Ontario Canada
Oddometer: 73
Do they cases come in a dark blue??
502MAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 03:33 PM   #1433
CaribouCases OP
Boulder CO
 
CaribouCases's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: Adventure Rider & Aftermarket Systems Manufacturer
Oddometer: 1,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by 502MAD
Do they cases come in a dark blue??

Sorry, no dark blue.
__________________
Roger Pioszak, Caribou Luggage Systems.
Please see the beginning of the Pelican-Based Luggage Thread in the Vendor Forum .
www.cariboucases.com
Made in Boulder, Colorado USA
PH: 303-786-8947 Mon-Sat 8:00am-5:00pm Mountain Time Zone
CaribouCases is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 06:28 PM   #1434
Art126
Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Oddometer: 60
GS Adventure Racks

Roger.
You've mentioned producing luggage for the GS Adventure. Do you mean adapting Pelicans to fit the OEM racks that most Adventures are outfitted with?
Thanks, Art
Art126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 06:46 PM   #1435
CaribouCases OP
Boulder CO
 
CaribouCases's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: Adventure Rider & Aftermarket Systems Manufacturer
Oddometer: 1,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art126
Roger.
You've mentioned producing luggage for the GS Adventure. Do you mean adapting Pelicans to fit the OEM racks that most Adventures are outfitted with?
Thanks, Art
Hi ARt,

Actually, what we need to do is make a very small change to the Caribou rack in the area of the passenger foot peg bolt-on point. No immediate plans to make an adaptive system for the stock racks.
__________________
Roger Pioszak, Caribou Luggage Systems.
Please see the beginning of the Pelican-Based Luggage Thread in the Vendor Forum .
www.cariboucases.com
Made in Boulder, Colorado USA
PH: 303-786-8947 Mon-Sat 8:00am-5:00pm Mountain Time Zone
CaribouCases is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 04:14 AM   #1436
Wildman
In my castle
 
Wildman's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: The Kingdom of Kent
Oddometer: 17,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaribouCases
Just finished the design of the side case system and top case system for the new BMW F800GS and F650GS Twin. In production now and about 30 Days for availability . Will post some pics when everything is powder coated nice and pretty.

Ken, you can pick up your bike a day early if you want.
Bingo!

Roger. Forgive me is this is covered somewhere else in the thread but to save me trawling through it all, can I ask:
- Can you just fit a standard Pelican case onto your system (I'm just looking at getting the top case for my F800GS) or do I need a specially adapted Pelican case?
- Do you ship to Europe?

Cheers!
__________________
Ridden; GBR CYM DEU FRA ESP AND MCO ITA BEL SCT LUX CHE SMR LIE AUT NLD POL LTU LVA EST SWE FIN NOR DNK CZE SVK HUN ROU BGR GRC MKD SRB ALB MNE BIH HRV SVN MYS IRL BRA MAR PRT ARE USA ISL JPN MLT Planning; AUS TUR MDA UKR MEX BLR MNG RUS KAZ TJK KGZ SEN ZAF ZMB MWI NZL IND CPN
Wildman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 05:37 AM   #1437
CaribouCases OP
Boulder CO
 
CaribouCases's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: Adventure Rider & Aftermarket Systems Manufacturer
Oddometer: 1,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildman
Bingo!

Roger. Forgive me is this is covered somewhere else in the thread but to save me trawling through it all, can I ask:
- Can you just fit a standard Pelican case onto your system (I'm just looking at getting the top case for my F800GS) or do I need a specially adapted Pelican case?
- Do you ship to Europe?

Cheers!
For the side case system, the cases must be drilled at our shop in our jigs to ensure all the parts on the back of the case line-up properly. For the top case system, there is a backing plate inside the case that may also be used as a drill template, so you can get just the cargo plate and latch hardware (no case) for the top case if you feel confident in drilling the case yourself. Call us for pricing on the cargo plate + latch hardware for top case. We ship direct to Europe via United States Postal Service Express Air (5-7 days). Thank you.
__________________
Roger Pioszak, Caribou Luggage Systems.
Please see the beginning of the Pelican-Based Luggage Thread in the Vendor Forum .
www.cariboucases.com
Made in Boulder, Colorado USA
PH: 303-786-8947 Mon-Sat 8:00am-5:00pm Mountain Time Zone
CaribouCases is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 06:18 AM   #1438
Wildman
In my castle
 
Wildman's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: The Kingdom of Kent
Oddometer: 17,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaribouCases
For the side case system, the cases must be drilled at our shop in our jigs to ensure all the parts on the back of the case line-up properly. For the top case system, there is a backing plate inside the case that may also be used as a drill template, so you can get just the cargo plate and latch hardware (no case) for the top case if you feel confident in drilling the case yourself. Call us for pricing on the cargo plate + latch hardware for top case. We ship direct to Europe via United States Postal Service Express Air (5-7 days). Thank you.
__________________
Ridden; GBR CYM DEU FRA ESP AND MCO ITA BEL SCT LUX CHE SMR LIE AUT NLD POL LTU LVA EST SWE FIN NOR DNK CZE SVK HUN ROU BGR GRC MKD SRB ALB MNE BIH HRV SVN MYS IRL BRA MAR PRT ARE USA ISL JPN MLT Planning; AUS TUR MDA UKR MEX BLR MNG RUS KAZ TJK KGZ SEN ZAF ZMB MWI NZL IND CPN
Wildman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 12:21 PM   #1439
Orpheus
more like fool sport
 
Orpheus's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Huntington Beach, California
Oddometer: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaribouCases
I think we can get them done now that we've got the F800GS out of the way. Thank you for your patience.
Wooo! Excellent news!
__________________
2006 Triumph Bonneville T100 - I'll turn this baby into an adventure bike yet, even if it kills me (probably will).
1969 Honda CL350K1 Scrambler - On the road to recovery!
1966 Honda CL160 - Durrr not sure about this one yet.
Orpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 12:49 PM   #1440
jazzmans
fickt euch
 
jazzmans's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Devils Playground nv
Oddometer: 7,325
check them bolts!

Just a 'heads up' to all you's who've got the caribou system on a thumper, probably good for everyone as well.


I just finished doing some much needed maintenance on my KLR, and checked the bolts on the caribou rack.

EVERY single bolt was loose, even with using loctite on them. Roger's instructions are spot on about checking all the bolts regularly.

Boy, oh boy I wish I could have a rack fabbed to make my caribou cases fit my old cx 500.

OK, now back to your regularly scheduled programming.



jaz
__________________
no-one sees motorcycles.

life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans.

Klay-->You know what I mean, you bubble-headed noise-maker.
jazzmans is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014