User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2006, 05:20 PM   #31
MrEndo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 417
Retracting Lever?

Here is something that could be used as the lever. Just need to figure out where to mount it and how to use it? You'de also have to figure out how to possess it in certain states unless you are a LEO??

http://www.galls.com/google/style.ht...BA078&cat=3005
MrEndo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 07:34 PM   #32
cpmodem
Orange Caveman

Oddometer: 7,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEndo
Here is something that could be used as the lever. Just need to figure out where to mount it and how to use it? You'de also have to figure out how to possess it in certain states unless you are a LEO??

http://www.galls.com/google/style.ht...BA078&cat=3005
Yup. Be very careful of where you carry one of those. In many states it is a felony to even posses one
-cp

-cp

DISCLAIMER: All observations made in this post are mine and based solely on my own anecdotal experiences, and may contain large doses of facetiousness. YMMV, of course. You are "on your own", and I take no responsibility if someone tries anything in this post and gets into trouble with the law, damages their person or property, or goes blind. Take everything you read or hear "anywhere" butt especially on the Web with a large dose of salt.

cpmodem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 09:20 PM   #33
MymoJoe
Ride Ride Ride

Oddometer: 2,795
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autostream
Not wanting to fill up my luggage with tools and spares, I have been looking to fit all spares and tools on the bike. Things like spare tubes in the front fairing, air compressor without housing etc...

When a new cpmputer was delivered to the office with some very nice closed cell foam, I finally had what I needed to use that spare 20mm space under the seat.

In my case I have managed to fit 8/10/12/14mm spanners, original pliers, folding 'T' handle ratchet screwdriver, pocket knife & a pair of 32/22mm combination tire lever/spanners...

When the seat is fitted, it sits flat and secure across the top and holds everything in place, even on my frequent plants in the dirt nothing has moved.

TIP: Used close cell foam as it will absorb less water when it rains or when washing the bike. The MK1 was open cell foam and a pain in the ass to dry out each time.

In the original tool box I can now fit the balance of the original toolkit, binding wire, several 0.5ml capsules of loctite, mini WD40 can & refillable can of chain lube**, 12v compressor sans housing and guage, tire repair kit, epoxy putty, selection of nuts, screws, washers, fuses etc, tire guage, electrical wire, duct & insulating tapes, needle nose locking pliers, spare s/plug, cable ties and other stuff that I can't remember...

I have also got three, 3 way 'Y' handled sockets with 8,9,10,11,12,13,14,17,19 tied to the frame behind the airbox where the excess plumbing used to live, I figure I should not need these often so they are tied with wire to keep them secure (I figure cable ties would probably melt from exhaust heat.

Anyone found any other useful p[laces on the 950 to hide stuff?

**I made up two robust caps from Delrin (hard plastic) off cuts as I had already had one can empty itself into the toolbox after the original cap collapsed, these can be seen as the 2 white round things at forefront of picture.

Great idea, I am going to do the same. I have a tow rope, two spare tubes and some rags hidden in the upper fairing sections (with the indicators mounted on them). the black plastic sections hold the tubes in place when screwed back down. A bit of a pain to get to, but as I said these are just my back up ones...

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...33#post7397233

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO - what a ride!"
MymoJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 06:37 PM   #34
MAKETIMBER
Blendzol or nitro?

Oddometer: 160
Where Did The Pics Go?

I sure would like to see what everyone is talking about. where did the pix go?
MAKETIMBER is offline   Reply With Quote