Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2006, 07:47 PM   #1
molivier01 OP
640 KTM in Dominican Repu

Oddometer: 14
Pissed Professional help needed about brakes

Hello there,

I do not mean to repeat a question I have asked not too long ago...but I have not received any valid answer.

I need a relocation bracket ( so I can install a disk of 320 mm ) for the caliper of a ktm 640 adventur 2000 that has a WP 50 fork and an original disk of 300 mm.

I have already bought the relocation bracket from ktm..and it did not work...then I bought one from braking...and it did not work...

Please look at the picture carefully and if you do know of the reference # and brand of such relocation bracket..please let me know..I will be so greatful.

if you do not know......please do not answer....I will also be so greatful.

To all, have a great day !!

Attached Images

molivier01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 09:56 PM   #2
Wayne Weber
why are we stopping?

Oddometer: 3,854
I'll risk it.

First, most of the relocation kits are to go from the standard...like...270mm? disk to 320. Not 300 to 320.

If you can't find what you want, you need this. You need it anyway, you'll love it.

Motostrana.com

The 50mm fork may still cause problems. You can get WP 4860's off KTMtalk or ebay if you upgrade.

04 KTM 950 S
93 KTM 550
93 XT225 Adventure Serow!
00 Weber Rally Twin (www.rallytwin.com)
Gas Gas 270
2 Waterbuffalo's (Sold!)
Wayne Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 10:11 PM   #3
The Cheat
Tard

Oddometer: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Weber
I'll risk it.

First, most of the relocation kits are to go from the standard...like...270mm? disk to 320. Not 300 to 320.

If you can't find what you want, you need this. You need it anyway, you'll love it.

Motostrana.com

The 50mm fork may still cause problems. You can get WP 4860's off KTMtalk or ebay if you upgrade.

Sorry to get off subject, but why do you run such a monster brake setup on a dirtbike. I mean that looks like the full on Super Moto shite. Is that bike way heavier then it looks like it should be or are you just really fast? In fact what the hell is that thing?

Oh.....and for the guy with brake problem. Take your current adapter down to a good machine shop. Explain what you want and I bet they can do it for under $200.00 maybe much less.
The Cheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 01:39 AM   #4
rjf
SBS's #1 fan in January

Oddometer: 4,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cheat
Sorry to get off subject, but why do you run such a monster brake setup on a dirtbike. Higher speeds, heavier weight. I mean that looks like the full on Super Moto shite. It looks like the motomaster sm kit to me. Is that bike way heavier then it looks like it should be or are you just really fast? In fact what the hell is that thing?
http://www.rallytwin.com/

(hi-jack off)

Oh.....and for the guy with brake problem. Take your current adapter down to a good machine shop. Explain what you want and I bet they can do it for under $200.00 maybe much less.
Thats what I did on my old 1992 Husky 610 I set up for SM. It was about $50 AUD. But that may have been cheaper as it was steel, IIRC the KTM ones are alloy. It might be cheaper to get a new part made up than try and mod the original.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadslide, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming- WOW-WHAT A RIDE!
rjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 07:33 AM   #5
holycaveman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 14,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by molivier01
Hello there,

I do not mean to repeat a question I have asked not too long ago...but I have not received any valid answer.

I need a relocation bracket ( so I can install a disk of 320 mm ) for the caliper of a ktm 640 adventur 2000 that has a WP 50 fork and an original disk of 300 mm.

I have already bought the relocation bracket from ktm..and it did not work...then I bought one from braking...and it did not work...

Please look at the picture carefully and if you do know of the reference # and brand of such relocation bracket..please let me know..I will be so greatful.

if you do not know......please do not answer....I will also be so greatful.

To all, have a great day !!

Personally I would just have a good machinest make one. Should be under 100 dollars, and it would be right. Youv'e already lost on two accounts, I wouldn't take another chance?

On that "ralley twin" pic. I would recognize a KLR upper frame and tank/seat anywhere!
holycaveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 02:31 PM   #6
molivier01 OP

Pissed if you do not know the part number ....

ok....none of you guys has a valid answer...I need the brand and the part number....

For a WP fork 50 ( please see the picture..this is no upside down fork !!)

Please someone help me....
Old 09-13-2006, 04:34 PM   #7
toolfan
Broken Hearted

Oddometer: 9,543
Quote:
ok....none of you guys has a valid answer...I need the brand and the part number....

For a WP fork 50 ( please see the picture..this is no upside down fork !!)

Please someone help me....
Ummm... maybe there isn't one? Sometimes when you customize your bike you actually have to use custom parts,
thus everyones reccomendation to find a local machinist and have them make the part you need.
toolfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 05:03 PM   #8
creeper
Still alive...

Oddometer: 10,718
The first instance of a 320mm rotor being used on a production KTM that I could find was on the '98 Supermoto.

This image is refered to as "NEW PARTS SUPER MOTO `98" The application in question is for a WP Extreme fork.

Note item #60... this may be the adaptor your looking for.

22 58309060000 BRAKE DISK FRONT D=320MM $157.19

60 58313049000 BRAKE ADAPTER 320MM DISC "E" $73.67

64 58413015044 BRAKE CALI.FRONT CPL. 2 PISTON $189.01

C
Old 09-13-2006, 07:30 PM   #9
ChrisC
Molon Labe

Oddometer: 6,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by creeper

22 58309060000 BRAKE DISK FRONT D=320MM $157.19

60 58313049000 BRAKE ADAPTER 320MM DISC "E" $73.67

64 58413015044 BRAKE CALI.FRONT CPL. 2 PISTON $189.01
Tell him what he's won, Molivier!
ChrisC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 05:52 PM   #10
molivier01 OP

Thank you for the advice of Creeper

Hello there,

Did not mean to offend anyone .. .maybe just a little frustrated because it was the 4th time I was asking the same question.

It is true that many times the original subject qets lost ... ..nothing to be ofended or angry about. ......

Thank you so much Creeper, I have ordered the part number ...I am willing to take the risk..and I have searched and searched ..with no results .

I have modified this bike so much...it just need more brakes to make it a dream bike !

Sincerely,

To All, have a safe and fun ride.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:18 AM   #11
christian
Exchange your GPS Track!

Oddometer: 2,617
Just wondering if you got the bracket ?
I need exactly the same thing.

Thanks
Christian

Quote:
Hello there,

Did not mean to offend anyone .. .maybe just a little frustrated because it was the 4th time I was asking the same question.

It is true that many times the original subject qets lost ... ..nothing to be ofended or angry about. ......

Thank you so much Creeper, I have ordered the part number ...I am willing to take the risk..and I have searched and searched ..with no results .

I have modified this bike so much...it just need more brakes to make it a dream bike !

Sincerely,

To All, have a safe and fun ride.