Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2005, 11:49 AM   #61
Pally McGee
Reality's Bitch

Oddometer: 3,351
Hey here is a shot of a slipjoint model I call, "Little Bubba." Its a D2 blade, and pearl handle. Its not close to being done, but I thought you guys would like to see a small knife I like to make. I still need to heat treat the blade, cut the nail nick in it, and polish everything up.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:46 PM   #62
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,178
That's friggin' tiny !
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 04:15 PM   #63
PASSMORE OP
Just the last name...

Oddometer: 4,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocket800
That's friggin' tiny !

me thinks Pally should add a nail file on one side of the blade then it would be perfect for pickin' tha crud outta yer fingernails 'n filin' 'em
Old 12-07-2005, 06:33 AM   #64
Pally McGee
Reality's Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by PASSMORE

me thinks Pally should add a nail file on one side of the blade then it would be perfect for pickin' tha crud outta yer fingernails 'n filin' 'em
You know that not a bad, idea, Michael. I have an antique pocket knife made in France circa 1920 that actually has that feature. Its probably where I got the idea for my little bubba. Maybe I can find some pics of that knife to show you...
Old 12-07-2005, 06:49 AM   #65
Pally McGee
Reality's Bitch

Here ya go

Phew! Finally found these pics.

Old 02-03-2006, 09:17 AM   #66
PASSMORE OP
Just the last name...

Thumb Update

Greeting all...

I have been doing my level best to use my Pally knife in any way possible that would make Pally cringe since receiving it...

Let's back up a tad here and I'll give you more details of my experience with this knife now that I have had it for a bit.

When I first got it, there was no doubt that it was a finely made knife... That said, I wasn't at all sure that I actually liked it. What I mean is that I can appreciate many fine things for what they are, but that does not mean they work for me. Turns out, it just had not become fmiliar to me yet.

What made me realize just how much I am enjoying this knife is that I was without it recently (more on that in moment). I grabbed my POS Spyderco (yeah, yeah yeah... yours is great, we'll so have my previous ones, but this one is less than stellar) in the interim while my Pally blade was gone. Boy oh boy did I miss my pal then... Apparently, knife and I had bonded. I could not wait to get it back!

Why was I missing my Pally blade for a bit? Well, in the course of abusing it I had 3 near lock failures that ad shaken my confidence in my pal. OK, Pally - pipe down for a minute and I'll tell more... I suspect that the near failure was in part due to OE (operator error). You see, I was using the dull side of the blade as a flathead screwdriver on the electrical box for my pump - it has those little latched that you depress and turn... As Pally has advised - NOT optimal use of the knife, a screwdriver would have worked better At any rate, just as I was sending Pally an email about this, I get one from him!
He says he wants to take a look at PASSMORE #001 and see how it is fairing, tune it up, and generally give it a going over as it was the first of the breed. WOW, talk about ESP and customer service!

So now I have my buddy back...

Jeff made a few little additions here and there. Some visable, others not... My locking mechanism has been child proofed for further bombing by me (I swear I have not tested it yet Jeff! ). Works great!!! My blade now proudly wears the Higgins badge too. Inside my left liner I now have the distinction of 'PASSMORE #001' now so that my heirs can sell it at auction for vast sums of money

At any rate, here's some photos and thanks Jeff - a great knife is even better now

Old 02-03-2006, 10:28 AM   #67
Wings
marmaduked

Oddometer: 14,066
Shouldn't this thread be in the Vendor forum? Seems like these knives are getting popular enough to deserve some attention in there. (Or did I miss it in Vendors?)

Smugmug coupon code: CKZQ0vLPlmLFw
Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 10:35 AM   #68
PASSMORE OP
Just the last name...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings
Shouldn't this thread be in the Vendor forum? Seems like these knives are getting popular enough to deserve some attention in there. (Or did I miss it in Vendors?)

Mine's not for sale, you can't have it!

Seems to me we are just commenting on a product that some of us have. Yes, someone makes it and folks know they are available, but it is not a solicitation...

Hmmm, maybe all of the bike threads and equip threads should be in the vendor forum as well? After all, most are available from vendors somewhere?

I say let it stay. Till Pally posts up with a price, model, etc - then it belongs in the Vendor section for sure Otherwise, just a bunch of folks showing their blades and other folks contacting Pally of their own accord, right?

No worries either way though. Great knife
Old 02-03-2006, 11:22 AM   #69
Wings
marmaduked

Quote:

Mine's not for sale, you can't have it!

Seems to me we are just commenting on a product that some of us have. Yes, someone makes it and folks know they are available, but it is not a solicitation...

Hmmm, maybe all of the bike threads and equip threads should be in the vendor forum as well? After all, most are available from vendors somewhere?

I say let it stay. Till Pally posts up with a price, model, etc - then it belongs in the Vendor section for sure Otherwise, just a bunch of folks showing their blades and other folks contacting Pally of their own accord, right?

No worries either way though. Great knife

Dood, cool your jets-seems to me you are misunderstanding my intentions. I have no problem with this being in equipment, I thought since there appears to be quite a bit of interest in these knives they would receive more exposure and the attention they deserve in the vendor forum.
Whatever floats your boat.

Old 02-03-2006, 11:41 AM   #70
Manuel Garcia O'Kely
Back at last

Oddometer: 12,358
If you go to this thread:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113628

You can see two others - the one at the bottom with Cocobolo scales is mine and like Passmore's, it's not for sale. In less than two days it's made me re-arrange my pocket junk [keys, change, etc.] for the first time in more than 15 years.

Wonderful work and he uses high quality materials as well. As Passmore noted, they will probably fetch a huge amount after they pry it out of my cold, dead fingers.

There's casting, then there's running into the stream with a baseball bat trying to club the fish to death. - Jim Moore
Manuel Garcia O'Kely is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 11:50 AM   #71
PASSMORE OP
Just the last name...

Hiya Wings

No muss, no fuss here, promise! :)

Just my musings and opinions is all... Typing on the Ctackberry or I would do the "good buddies - have a beer smiley".

It is all good here, sorry if you misunderstood OK?
Old 02-03-2006, 01:05 PM   #72
meat popsicle
Ignostic

Oddometer: 14,147
Cha cha cha changes... turn and change the name, cha cha changes... time may change me, but you can't change time.

(Saxophone rif inserted here)
meat popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 02:20 PM   #73
Wings
marmaduked

Quote:
Hiya Wings

No muss, no fuss here, promise! :)

Just my musings and opinions is all... Typing on the Ctackberry or I would do the "good buddies - have a beer smiley".

It is all good here, sorry if you misunderstood OK?
Same to you! Sorry I was running out the door earlier...anyway-seems like the knives are very nice, and quite a few people are showing interest in them. Maybe I mis-understood-but isn't Pally making his living off these? Even if he isn't, I think they deserve a spot in the Vendor forum. Maybe he's not a "motorcycle vendor" in the typical sense, but seeing how the term "Adventure Knife" has been coined, I don't see why he shouldn't be able to get the word out in the vendor forum.
Oh and you can keep YOUR knife-I still have girl wood over the knife with the gorgeous wood handle that popped up in JM one day a while back

Old 02-04-2006, 07:28 AM   #74
Pally McGee
Reality's Bitch

Quote:
Same to you! Sorry I was running out the door earlier...anyway-seems like the knives are very nice, and quite a few people are showing interest in them. Maybe I mis-understood-but isn't Pally making his living off these? Even if he isn't, I think they deserve a spot in the Vendor forum. Maybe he's not a "motorcycle vendor" in the typical sense, but seeing how the term "Adventure Knife" has been coined, I don't see why he shouldn't be able to get the word out in the vendor forum.
Oh and you can keep YOUR knife-I still have girl wood over the knife with the gorgeous wood handle that popped up in JM one day a while back
This does bring up some interesting issues. For what it is worth, I did post a dagger for sale in the Flea Market. I'm not sure that was the right place, either. So we have a flea market, and a vendor forum... what is the right one to use? Yes, I do make my meager living by making custom knives. Should I use the vendor forum if I post one for sale?

I'm trying very hard to follow protocol here, and certainly wish to do the right thing. This is the equipment forum, and I refuse to discuss pricing here, nor am I soliciting my goods. I believe the intention here is to discuss in plain terms the joy of using a fine tool, not for me to hawk my wares. That's the difference, and although it may be a matter of perspective, I am utmost sincere about discretion.

Oh and Michael Passmore is a dirty bird! The way he treats my knives! I told him if he does it again, I am riding out to his ranch and will drink all his beer!
Old 02-04-2006, 07:37 AM   #75
Pally McGee
Reality's Bitch

Quote:
...but seeing how the term "Adventure Knife" has been coined...
Oh and by the way, this folding knife is called "The Passmore," after its original commissioner. I designed this knife specifically for Michael, and he has honored me by allowing me to use his name to represent this model. Passmore is a great and strong name, and I have received favorable comments about the name in circles outside of Advrider. I feel fortunate that many people like the style of this knife.

Now its funny that you have coined the term, "Adventure Knife." I've been working on a design that I may release here soon. I may address this in a separate thread.