Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2006, 08:47 AM   #76
Honey
That's Mrs AceRph to you!

Oddometer: 1,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pally McGee
Now its funny that you have coined the term, "Adventure Knife." I've been working on a design that I may release here soon. I may address this in a separate thread.
Honey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 09:48 AM   #77
Renazco
Formerly AKA Boejangles

Oddometer: 4,748
Quote:
This does bring up some interesting issues. For what it is worth, I did post a dagger for sale in the Flea Market. I'm not sure that was the right place, either. So we have a flea market, and a vendor forum... what is the right one to use?

I'm trying very hard to follow protocol here, and certainly wish to do the right thing. This is the equipment forum, and I refuse to discuss pricing here, nor am I soliciting my goods. I believe the intention here is to discuss in plain terms the joy of using a fine tool, not for me to hawk my wares. That's the difference, and although it may be a matter of perspective, I am utmost sincere about discretion.
For the time I've been around here there is nothing wrong with selling on the flea market, (it's a place to sell right?) although the term "Flea Market" usually brings to mind cheap, used and a great deal..

As regards the Vendor forum, it's a place for vendors like you and I can sell new products, it represents that this is your business and operating as such.

I did'nt see any solicitation in this thread, just a product discussion
anyway's, beautifull product that Pally is making, can't wait to see his Adventure knife model
Old 02-04-2006, 06:34 PM   #78
Wings
marmaduked

Oddometer: 14,151
Quote:
Oh and by the way, this folding knife is called "The Passmore," after its original commissioner. I designed this knife specifically for Michael, and he has honored me by allowing me to use his name to represent this model. Passmore is a great and strong name, and I have received favorable comments about the name in circles outside of Advrider. I feel fortunate that many people like the style of this knife.

Now its funny that you have coined the term, "Adventure Knife." I've been working on a design that I may release here soon. I may address this in a separate thread.
Let me be real clear-I don't have a problem with the this thread being in equipment, and yes-you're right...it does get a little confusing as far as where to post if you're actually advertising/selling a knife. Don't know if you should or shouldn't be doing it in Fleamarket, let the mods decide. I'm sure you could ask them for guidance if you were to offer another knife for sale.

I just thought it would be a good idea to let people know that yes, you are a business selling custom/handmade knives, in the vendor forum. It would certainly give a bit of exposure. Personally I don't think that would be out of line at all. I know several people have shown interest in your knives. Don't know if they're just like me, or would actually be interested in the purchase. I realize you don't put a price on something that hasn't been designed/made yet, which would be another reason to explain your business a little to people.

Oh and I didn't coin the term adventure knife, frankly I don't know who did. I remember seeing some posts in which this was discussed/mentioned though. But, sounds like you're close to the release of an "Adventure" knife, which I think would be another reason to place a thread in the vendor forum. Let people know about it!

I forgot what type of wood you said the knife/handle I liked so much was, but I'm sure I couldn't afford it. It was gorgeous. I don't have a creative bone in my body (unless it involves duct tape and bailing wire), but I sure like the finer things in life.

Anyway, good luck with your business.

Smugmug coupon code: CKZQ0vLPlmLFw
Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 06:39 PM   #79
Wings
marmaduked

Oddometer: 14,151
Quote:
Originally Posted by boejangles
I did'nt see any solicitation in this thread, just a product discussion
anyway's, beautifull product that Pally is making, can't wait to see his Adventure knife model
I didn't accuse him of solicitation, I don't think it's spam. Jeebus, why do people seem to think the Vendor forum is such a terrible thing? Plenty of people are greatful to be able to turn to the Vendor forum to find what they're looking for.

Smugmug coupon code: CKZQ0vLPlmLFw
Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 10:56 PM   #80
PASSMORE OP
Just the last name...

Oddometer: 4,250
Good questions Wings...

Why is the Vendor Forum considered the penalty box in some ways?
Old 02-04-2006, 11:38 PM   #81
Renazco
Formerly AKA Boejangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings
I didn't accuse him of solicitation, I don't think it's spam. Jeebus, why do people seem to think the Vendor forum is such a terrible thing? Plenty of people are greatful to be able to turn to the Vendor forum to find what they're looking for.
I never seen the Vendor forum as a terrible thing, in fact I think it's great that we have it here.

Anything appropriate to motorcycles seems good to me and in this case knives go hand in hand with adventure riding.

Nighty, night Wings
Old 03-24-2013, 10:52 AM   #82
PASSMORE OP
Just the last name...

Man o man I sure miss my Pally knife...
Old 03-24-2013, 11:37 AM   #83
PhilSpace
The Gov

Oddometer: 35,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by PASSMORE View Post
You lost it? Mine is in my pocket, a gentlemen must always be healed. It still holds a wicked edge.

PhilSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:01 PM   #84
meat popsicle
Ignostic

Oddometer: 14,168
Quote:
Always sad when a boy looses his knife, but I'm glad to see you're still with us

Its not so much staying alive; its staying human that counts.
meat popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:54 PM   #85
PASSMORE OP
Just the last name...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilSpace View Post
You lost it? Mine is in my pocket, a gentlemen must always be healed. It still holds a wicked edge.
Lost it some time ago actually. Carried while riding normally and it even survived my get-off on my TE. Best I can tell is that it worked loose and someone likely found a gem out on the street
Old 03-24-2013, 05:56 PM   #86
PASSMORE OP
Just the last name...

Quote:
Originally Posted by meat popsicle View Post
Always sad when a boy looses his knife, but I'm glad to see you're still with us
Yup

Just cleaning out some old subscribed threads
Old 03-24-2013, 06:07 PM   #87
PhilSpace
The Gov

Oddometer: 35,277
Quote:
Lost it some time ago actually. Carried while riding normally and it even survived my get-off on my TE. Best I can tell is that it worked loose and someone likely found a gem out on the street
I'm sorry, that would have pissed me off too. I thought I lost mine once, but found it. Do you know if he is still around?

PhilSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:28 PM   #88
PASSMORE OP
Just the last name...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilSpace View Post
I'm sorry, that would have pissed me off too. I thought I lost mine once, but found it. Do you know if he is still around?
I reached out to him some time back but I think he had moved on from knives then.

Oddly enough, I have been carrying a Ti Spyderco that despite my best efforts, I cannot seem to lose! Even when I do "lose" it, I find it in the oddest places.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:50 PM   #89
Renazco
Formerly AKA Boejangles

I gave my ADV clone of Passmore's knife to a friend of mine, I believe he still has it in his vast collection of knives. I can ask if he wants to part with it.

Old 03-24-2013, 08:56 PM   #90
PASSMORE OP
Just the last name...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renazco View Post
I gave my ADV clone of Passmore's knife to a friend of mine, I believe he still has it in his vast collection of knives. I can ask if he wants to part with it.
Wouldn't hurt to ask! I'd be interested. that was a dandy knife!