Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2005, 09:43 AM   #61
dirtydeeds
I'm alive.

Oddometer: 2,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZR_Ron
Hey Jeff, nice to see yer around! It's winter here, and it sucks!
Good Morning Ron!

I am starting to get serious about another trip. Baja or the yukon, haven't decided yet. (It could be both.) Vancouver as well. So little time, so many miles....
Interested?
It is almost winter here. No snow yet. It was forecasted for last night though.

Jeff
Old 11-27-2005, 04:45 PM   #62
ZZR_Ron
Underground

Oddometer: 8,034
Yea Jeff, a few of us are thinking about the Yukon in 2006, though I might break the rules slightly, and trailer the bikes to Edson, and ride from there.
We're still working on that one. Vancouver from your place would be a nice ride, and then up to Whisler, Lilloet, and a loop back maybe?

WE have about 2 feet of snow so far, and the temperatures are dropping fast for this week!
Old 11-27-2005, 05:27 PM   #63
RedRyder
Jose Adventurista

Oddometer: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZR_Ron
WE have about 2 feet of snow so far, and the temperatures are dropping fast for this week!
RedRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 07:21 PM   #64
Sammi
1/2 2 ride

Oddometer: 19
Howdy.
I'm new here as well, Sudbury is the spot, new logging roads being built every day. Drop a message if your in the area.
Sammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 08:20 PM   #65
Komet
The Voice of Reason

Oddometer: 38,096
Any roads go up to James/Hudson Bay on the Ontario side?
Old 12-16-2005, 06:39 AM   #66
Sammi
1/2 2 ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by komet
Any roads go up to James/Hudson Bay on the Ontario side?
You can't get to "gold coast" from the Ontario side. The pavement ends @ Fraserdale (no town, just a stop sign) about 1 hour north of the trans-canada hwy at Smooth Rock Falls. From Fraserdale dirt roads will get you to Otter Rapids Generating Station, then logging roads might get you another 20 miles( still a long way from James Bay). This isn't the asshole of Ontario but you can see it from here.
A train (Polar Bear Express) runs from Cochrane to Moosenee(James Bay) which will bring your ride for you but there is very limited riding in Moosenee. Communities beyond this are all fly-in or accessed by winter ice-roads.

Mosquitos and Black-flies own this area! Pick your times carefully.
Old 01-04-2006, 07:19 PM   #67
Cagiva900gc
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Ontario rides

Sammi

Have you ridden any of those logging roads in Sudbury area?

I am in Toronto area and was thinking a weekend ride to Sudbury, or North Bay and some of those areas would be nice. I enjoy the long trips but don't really have weeks and weeks to spend riding.

Do you have any suggested routes, or GPS waypoints mapped out. I often drive that area for business, and see those "Not a through road" signs, and my GPS shows the road, but I don't know where it goes. On my bike, I know I can probably squeeze through.

Anyway, it would be good if you have any suggestions.

Thanks
Cagiva900gc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 09:59 AM   #68
fasteddy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 331
Question Sudbury!! Nickel Belt Tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cagiva900gc
Sammi

I am in Toronto area and was thinking a weekend ride to Sudbury, or North Bay and some of those areas would be nice. I enjoy the long trips but don't really have weeks and weeks to spend riding.

Do you have any suggested routes, or GPS waypoints mapped out. I often drive that area for business, and see those "Not a through road" signs, and my GPS shows the road, but I don't know where it goes. On my bike, I know I can probably squeeze through.

Thanks

Where have you guys been?? There's an Adventure tour held in the Sudbury area Labour day weekend. It uses tons of logging roads for the more adventurous and does a stock tire ride as well. There is a neat thread here with lots of photos. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...ckel+belt+tour

The guys at Rally Connex put on this ride, last year Scot Harden was there to teach a rally school, odds are that he will be there again this year!! Check out their website for more info. http://www.rallyconnex.com
fasteddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 03:39 PM   #69
R-1150-RS
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridemuch
Howdy!
I'm new to this site and I would like to know if there are any Ontario riders.If so would you know any good weekend rides. Also my friend and I are planning to go to Cape Breton for the TT in Sept. Is there anyone planning on going? Do you know any good roads to take? Maybe we can even meet up along the way. I will be coming from Toronto.

Thanks...
For the definitive list Of ONTARIO BIKER ROADS, go to this site: - http://www3.sympatico.ca/elhum/

Lots of great roads listed throughout the province.

Gary
:) :)
R-1150-RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 01:14 AM   #70
beerjonny
Planning mode...

Oddometer: 231
Wondering if any of you lads could help me get from the Montreal region (give or take a few hundred kms up or down) to Cornwall via the least paved route??

We are doing our second annual LONG RIDE HOME (longridehome.com) and need to get that portion of the trip off road. Besides that, we have most of the 1800kms from Halifax covered.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:27 PM   #71
Sammi
1/2 2 ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cagiva900gc
Sammi

Thanks

I have run them all by bike, sled, 4x4, atv. Lots of places to go and see.
I missed the Nickel Belt Rally last year but from the pictures I've seen I can recognize most of the spots. Crossing the bridge on the Wahnapitae river will surely test your nerve.
Let me know what kind of riding your looking for and I can reccommend some routes.
PM me if you like.
Werner
Old 01-26-2006, 03:04 PM   #72
Ridemuch
SUP

Oddometer: 2,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammi
I have run them all by bike, sled, 4x4, atv. Lots of places to go and see.
I missed the Nickel Belt Rally last year but from the pictures I've seen I can recognize most of the spots. Crossing the bridge on the Wahnapitae river will surely test your nerve.
Let me know what kind of riding your looking for and I can reccommend some routes.
PM me if you like.
Werner
I'm looking for some 2 up riding on back roads and maybe come out at a nice B&B...I been to Mattawa on my sled a few times but would like to try some place new.I've also backpacked a lot in Kilarney Park. So I would like to know if there are any good 2 up roads near the park...

Cheers !!!
Old 01-26-2006, 04:12 PM   #73
The Shepherd
Lord of Mondays

Oddometer: 22
I live in Barrie, come spring time I'll be heading out on rides to places north, west and east. I don't head south, going towards Toronto is a bad thing.

I'll look you up closer to springtime or add www.blacktopriders.com to your list. It's a board local to Barrie and area, I'm always posting rides on it.

See you out there.

"Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time and you'll have the time of your life." - Billy Connolly
The Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 04:11 PM   #74
Drif10
Accredited Jackass

Oddometer: 46,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shepherd
I live in Barrie.
Well, crap. Just came back from there, was up for a funeral.

Have to look you up next time I'm in the area.
Old 02-03-2006, 07:47 AM   #75
Sammi
1/2 2 ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridemuch
I'm looking for some 2 up riding on back roads and maybe come out at a nice B&B...I been to Mattawa on my sled a few times but would like to try some place new.I've also backpacked a lot in Kilarney Park. So I would like to know if there are any good 2 up roads near the park...

Cheers !!!
You did say a "nice" place, how about this one http://www.obabika.com/
Probably the only 5 star resort in Ontario, it's a great ride in and the area is very pictuesque. The lodge is roughly 100Km off Hwy 17 , 60Km of which is gravel. This place is a MUST SEE.

Werner