Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2006, 07:29 AM   #76
Ridemuch
SUP

Oddometer: 2,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammi
You did say a "nice" place, how about this one http://www.obabika.com/
Probably the only 5 star resort in Ontario, it's a great ride in and the area is very pictuesque. The lodge is roughly 100Km off Hwy 17 , 60Km of which is gravel. This place is a MUST SEE.

Werner
Nice place but i would rather spend the money on shocks...lol but don't tell my girlfriend
Old 02-03-2006, 08:25 AM   #77
Sammi
1/2 2 ride

Oddometer: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridemuch
I'm looking for some 2 up riding on back roads and maybe come out at a nice B&B...I been to Mattawa on my sled a few times but would like to try some place new.I've also backpacked a lot in Kilarney Park. So I would like to know if there are any good 2 up roads near the park...

Cheers !!!
If you have been into the Town of Killarney then you have hit the end, only short logging roads off either side. Hwy 637 is a great ride into Killarney but it has taken out quite a few riders trying it at WOT.
The fish and chip stand at the town dock is the best !
Sammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 02:22 PM   #78
Ridemuch
SUP

Been to that chip stand many times. I think I'll just get in touch with you this summer for more details of Sudbury and the surounding areas.I'll see if I can get "The Shepherd" and "Drif10" to join me for a weekend of back road fun.
Old 02-03-2006, 05:51 PM   #79
Sammi
1/2 2 ride

Ridemuch
Let me know when your in the area, always in for a ride.
I was down in the big smoke this week, just about warm enough for a quick spin.
We had a foot of snow fall on Sunday-Monday in Sudbury and on the ride down I couldn't believe there was no snow in Toronto.
Old 02-04-2006, 02:15 PM   #80
Drif10
Accredited Jackass

Oddometer: 45,351
Quote:
Been to that chip stand many times. I think I'll just get in touch with you this summer for more details of Sudbury and the surounding areas.I'll see if I can get "The Shepherd" and "Drif10" to join me for a weekend of back road fun.
Just got home from a ride.

Another good guy to ride with is Osteo from here. Rides a 950, good people.
Old 02-04-2006, 02:26 PM   #81
Bart
Constant Lurker

Oddometer: 2,952
Quote:

If the weekend works for my schedule. I'll join you in the fun. I live 5 mins from Drif10.

Bart
Old 02-05-2006, 11:17 AM   #82
Fin
Kahoon's my daddy!

Oddometer: 2,324
I'm starting to realize just how many people are in and around Ontario and it got me thinking, maybe we should try to organize a get together this summer. We could try to pick a location in central Ont. and all meet up there for a day ride or maybe an overnighter. Is anyone interested?

Fin

IBA#12239
BMW MOA #124707
Save $5 when you open your own smugmug account. Use code: ByFAeFySLnQKM
Fin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 11:22 AM   #83
Ridemuch
SUP

PICK ME! PICK ME!!!!!
I have a tent and will travel.

Good idea Finn.
Old 02-05-2006, 11:28 AM   #84
Fin
Kahoon's my daddy!

Quote:
PICK ME! PICK ME!!!!!
I HOPE WE HAVE ANOTHER GREAT SUMMER.
You're in! What do you think Ridemuch, a dayride or an overnighter, camping maybe, motel? We could get a group together from Tto to head out together and if we picked a location near central Ont, say near Algonquin Park, people from Ott, Sud and Tto could make it by noon and then let the fun begin.

I have some land near Bancroft that I'd suggest we camped on but I have to get a drive plowed and clear some land before it'd be a sure thing. But it is a possible.

Anyone else have some suggestions?

Fin

IBA#12239
BMW MOA #124707
Old 02-05-2006, 11:44 AM   #85
Ridemuch
SUP

I think we should make it a day trip 1st (meet and greet) to get to know each other and their style of ridding. I'm sure we can get 10+ riders to show up.As for camping I'm always in for that I've done it all over the world, summer and winter.I'd be more that happy the help out anyone who's new to it. Mountain Co-op knows me well..
Old 02-05-2006, 11:57 AM   #86
Fin
Kahoon's my daddy!

Quote:
I think we should make it a day trip 1st (meet and greet) to get to know each other and their style of ridding. I'm sure we can get 10+ riders to show up.As for camping I'm always in for that I've done it all over the world, summer and winter.I'd be more that happy the help out anyone who's new to it. Mountain Co-op knows me well..
Good point Ridemuch a dayrun lets us get together without the commitment. Ha! Sounds like a date or something! Start spreading the word and thinking about a location and let's see where this takes us.

Cheers

Fin

IBA#12239
BMW MOA #124707
Old 02-05-2006, 04:14 PM   #87
Sammi
1/2 2 ride

Someone pick a spot, I'm in.
Old 02-05-2006, 05:47 PM   #88
Fin
Kahoon's my daddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammi
Someone pick a spot, I'm in.
Hey Sammi

Any suggestions on where you'd like to meet? How far do you want to travel from Sudbury? I've been looking over Mapsource and thinking that somewhere from Bracebridge east to Bancroft would get the most riders. North enough to get you down in a few hours, about the same from Toronto and maybe get some of the guys from Ottawa interested. Lots of good twisties and dirt backroads that would interest everyone.

I'd like to hear from some of you other guys too, Ridemuch, Drift10, dshel, Gadget Boy, Ontario GS, The Shepherd, Bart, Cagiva900gc, Canuckster, Lurking Luddite, Brad Vardy, Marvin the Martian, anyone else that would like to pipe in?

Fin

IBA#12239
BMW MOA #124707
Old 02-05-2006, 07:16 PM   #89
Sammi
1/2 2 ride

[quote=Fin]Hey Sammi

Any suggestions on where you'd like to meet? How far do you want to travel from Sudbury? I've been looking over Mapsource and thinking that somewhere from Bracebridge east to Bancroft would get the most riders. North enough to get you down in a few hours, about the same from Toronto and maybe get some of the guys from Ottawa interested. Lots of good twisties and dirt backroads that would interest everyone.

I used to do a ride every year with the Power Riders, (guys from all over ON) and Huntsville was always a good central spot.
Anything in that area would be fine for me.
Old 02-05-2006, 07:37 PM   #90
Ridemuch
SUP

I'd like to hear from some of you other guys too, Ridemuch, Drift10, dshel, Gadget Boy, Ontario GS, The Shepherd, Bart, Cagiva900gc, Canuckster, Lurking Luddite, Brad Vardy, Marvin the Martian, anyone else that would like to pipe in?

I'm in just need a month,date,time.....