User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2006, 11:16 PM   #1591
charleshmosesii
No skills no worries

Oddometer: 835
Hey all...

...been looking at this bike -- and this thread (although I've had a few months off, wow is it big!) with much interest since inception.

Any used ones sold yet? I'm bidding on this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

I don't expect it will go for more than $3500. Any comments/concerns?

Thanks, peace out!

I'm with stupid, and I'm alone
charleshmosesii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 06:14 AM   #1592
MaverickAus
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 942
good luck
Old 07-11-2006, 09:46 AM   #1593
backwoods
Field & Stream

Oddometer: 16
Stock muffler/header pipe??????????

Can anyone tell me where I can order an aftermarket header pipe that will fit the stock muffler?

backwoods

backwoods screwed with this post 07-11-2006 at 01:45 PM
backwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 10:16 AM   #1594
sullydirt
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 701
KLX on Ebay

Quote:
Originally Posted by charleshmosesii
...been looking at this bike -- and this thread (although I've had a few months off, wow is it big!) with much interest since inception.

Any used ones sold yet? I'm bidding on this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

I don't expect it will go for more than $3500. Any comments/concerns?

Thanks, peace out!
Hey, there's a guy on the Kawasaki forum that won it the last auction for $3500 and apparantly didn't pay. $3500 would be a good deal. The fuel tank could be switched to a Aceribis or IMS. If you wanted to keep it stock, you could probably buy a tank from one of the guys here who have upgraded tanks.

Are you in FL? I would see if you can inspect the bike first. The forks look straight in the pictures, but he may have tweaked something.

Mike

sullydirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 12:01 PM   #1595
charleshmosesii
No skills no worries

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullydirt
Hey, there's a guy on the Kawasaki forum that won it the last auction for $3500 and apparantly didn't pay. $3500 would be a good deal. The fuel tank could be switched to a Aceribis or IMS. If you wanted to keep it stock, you could probably buy a tank from one of the guys here who have upgraded tanks.

Are you in FL? I would see if you can inspect the bike first. The forks look straight in the pictures, but he may have tweaked something.

Mike
Thanks for the response, Mike. Any idea why that guy didn't pay, was it related to dissatisfaction with the bike condition?

I wish I could go see it first, but its 4-5 hours away and I don't have time before the auction ends. I would probably work out a deal with the seller (post-auction win) telling him that I'll pay him the balance upon arrival after I inspect the bike for pickup, and if something else is wrong that he didn't tell me about then I can back out.

How would I tell if the forks are tweaked?

Yeah, I'd swap out to a bigger aftermarket plastic tank anyway, so I was actually happy with the tank ding bringing down the price for me!

Old 07-11-2006, 12:16 PM   #1596
sullydirt
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Thanks for the response, Mike. Any idea why that guy didn't pay, was it related to dissatisfaction with the bike condition?

I wish I could go see it first, but its 4-5 hours away and I don't have time before the auction ends. I would probably work out a deal with the seller (post-auction win) telling him that I'll pay him the balance upon arrival after I inspect the bike for pickup, and if something else is wrong that he didn't tell me about then I can back out.

How would I tell if the forks are tweaked?

Yeah, I'd swap out to a bigger aftermarket plastic tank anyway, so I was actually happy with the tank ding bringing down the price for me!
His winning bid was $3500. As far as I know he never saw the bike. I'm guessing he wanted the bike, but didn't have the funds? Happens a lot on Ebay. It sounds like the seller is frustrated, it's at least $50 every time he posts the auction.

If I were you, I would contact him, tell him you're serious and ask him to e-mail you a disclosure stating that there is nothing else wrong with the bike, and agrees to refund deposit upon inspection. If he's honest he'll agree to that.

As far as the forks, I think just a visual inspection and a short ride should tell you if somethings wrong.

$3500 bucks would be a great deal. I love mine, it's a fun trail bike.

Off topic: I see you have a Dakar. I just bought an '03 last week. I was thinking of taking a ride to the west coast in the next few weeks, maybe Crystal River. Let me know if you want to meet up some time.

Mike

Old 07-11-2006, 02:21 PM   #1597
charleshmosesii
No skills no worries

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullydirt
His winning bid was $3500. As far as I know he never saw the bike. I'm guessing he wanted the bike, but didn't have the funds? Happens a lot on Ebay. It sounds like the seller is frustrated, it's at least $50 every time he posts the auction.

If I were you, I would contact him, tell him you're serious and ask him to e-mail you a disclosure stating that there is nothing else wrong with the bike, and agrees to refund deposit upon inspection. If he's honest he'll agree to that.

As far as the forks, I think just a visual inspection and a short ride should tell you if somethings wrong.

$3500 bucks would be a great deal. I love mine, it's a fun trail bike.

Off topic: I see you have a Dakar. I just bought an '03 last week. I was thinking of taking a ride to the west coast in the next few weeks, maybe Crystal River. Let me know if you want to meet up some time.

Mike
Thanks for the advice (esp. since my ebay experience is lacking).

Yep, I have a Dakar, my commuter + fun bike right now. I love that thing, will always keep it. Putting TKC-80s on it end of week! Now I need to learn how to stop crashing it in the sand . I'll PM you with my contact info in case you come this way.

Old 07-12-2006, 01:48 AM   #1598
MaverickAus
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 942
Quote:
What Mike didn't tell you is the "buyer" is a idiot who is more than likely a 14 yo just looking to piss someone off
Old 07-12-2006, 09:28 AM   #1599
sullydirt
Studly Adventurer

Hehe,

Actually, I did tell him Mav. I PM'd him with that info, I guess it's no secret though.

Old 07-12-2006, 09:47 AM   #1600
Prairie Dog
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickAus
What Mike didn't tell you is the "buyer" is a idiot who is more than likely a 14 yo just looking to piss someone off

Mav,

Is it because he did not buy the KLX250?

Kind of interested to know you thoughts on this.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

'08 KLE 650-A8F
'06 DL-1000 K6
'06 KLX 331 H6
'04 KLR 650 A18
'92 EX500 - one day a KLEX500?
'74 Honda CB350F - project bike

"You'll never see a motorcycle parked in front of a Psychiatrist's office!"
Prairie Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 09:57 AM   #1601
Kawi-Wawi
BC Bushwakka

Oddometer: 47
The "buyer" in question has been stirring up sh*t on kawasakiforums.com in the KLX250S forum... He's been posting there for a few weeks, and lately making some really stupid and offensive posts. (I'm almost convinced now that he's just a troll and has no interest in dirt biking).
Old 07-13-2006, 01:58 PM   #1602
backwoods
Field & Stream

Oddometer: 16
Cry Carb Mods complete/Need help?

I just completed the carb mods: #125 main jet, #40 pilot jet, remove smog crap, crank case vent with KDX snorkel and UNI air filter, N1TC needle and 2nd position, 2.5 turns out on fuel/air screw, drilled out 1st baffle, drilled slide 7/64ths.

Not a major diffrence. I wasn't expecting a diffrent bike but I thought it would be more noticable. Anyway, when I come to a stop in traffic or on the trail, the motor will stall out(stop running) on me. Idle is set OK. Can someone tell if the #40 pilot should be switched back to stock #35, or what elese could be the problem. Help needed. All replies appreciated

backwoods
backwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 02:32 PM   #1603
sullydirt
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoods
I just completed the carb mods: #125 main jet, #40 pilot jet, remove smog crap, crank case vent with KDX snorkel and UNI air filter, N1TC needle and 2nd position, 2.5 turns out on fuel/air screw, drilled out 1st baffle, drilled slide 7/64ths.

Not a major diffrence. I wasn't expecting a diffrent bike but I thought it would be more noticable. Anyway, when I come to a stop in traffic or on the trail, the motor will stall out(stop running) on me. Idle is set OK. Can someone tell if the #40 pilot should be switched back to stock #35, or what elese could be the problem. Help needed. All replies appreciated

backwoods
I remember someone else reporting a similar problem. You may want to turn the pilot screw in 1/2 to 1 turn. You should be able to do that without pulling the carb. Just loosen the carb clamps, and turn to the side.

Mike

Old 07-13-2006, 04:16 PM   #1604
bryantjt
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 986
I have the same mods except the smog removal and that I'm running the 250D exhaust which doesn't have a catalytic converter and the outlet is as big around as the headpipe which I made a baffle to reduce it down to 3/4" and I noticed mine idled lower but haven't had it die out on me. I just rode a bit and readjusted the idle. Oh I don't have the Uni filter either. Have you checked your plug lately?
bryantjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 05:43 PM   #1605
bryantjt
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 986
I had to go and say something, during a 40 mile road ride tonight the last few stop signs I came to I noticed the idle was kinda low sounding, it was low 1000's probably, it was just of 1k on the dial so I fiddled with the idle some more. I think it may be a case of being too rich on the fuel screw as stated by sullydirt. I'm debating on riding to work tomorrow now .
bryantjt is offline   Reply With Quote