Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2012, 07:13 AM   #7471
Bama67
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 332
Well, I just made the deal on brand new left over 2009 KLX250sf with 0 miles, for 3k OTD.
Sure is sexy in black.

I feel like that is a very good deal considering the bikes haven't changed any since then.

Now I just must cope with the agony of the 2 week wait til I get back on landto pick it up. Ugghhhh.
Bama67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:15 AM   #7472
IDRIDR
Take me to the River

Oddometer: 1,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama67 View Post
Well, I just made the deal on brand new left over 2009 KLX250sf with 0 miles, for 3k OTD.
Wow! congratulations on a fantastic price.
IDRIDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:17 AM   #7473
cjbiker
Nobody's Robot

Oddometer: 2,399
Quote:
Well, if it pans out I will keep you in mind my man. Them 17" black wheels sure are pretty. This is all assuming the dealer quoting the low price doesn't try to rape me dry like the other one.

I would be interested in the conversion parts if the price is right, but I am sure even if it was, that the shipping to AL would kill me. GLWS.
It's probably not as bad as you'd think. A friend just sold his supermoto kit for a KTM and shipped it for about $75.

Congrats on the new bike!
cjbiker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:03 AM   #7474
Crocodile Tears
The 906

Oddometer: 3,467
Quote:
Sure is sexy in black.

I feel like that is a very good deal considering the bikes haven't changed any since then.

Now I just must cope with the agony of the 2 week wait til I get back on landto pick it up. Ugghhhh.
Damn.

That is filthy cheap lol

2009 KLX250S
2005 Bandit 1200S
Crocodile Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:28 PM   #7475
Bama67
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crocodile Tears View Post
Damn.

That is filthy cheap lol
I know, right?

I called after seeing the advertised price that they had just posted on Cycletrader (thinking it was to good to be true) and asked them what the deal was, that there had to be a catch.

He said "Nope, no catch. We brought the bike out of the warehouse and couldn't sell it, and now we have had it so long that it is paid off, and we just want it gone. No one down here (in Georgia) buys these."

I said "I'll take it."
Old 11-27-2012, 08:25 PM   #7476
Bama67
Gnarly Adventurer

I am thinking of spooing on a set of the Shinko 244s on the SF's 17" wheels when I pick the bike up. From my research they get great reviews, and should really help out on the dirtroads that I will riding on a occasion.

They are also stupid cheap, at $75 a set, shipped. So if I don't like them, I am not out much.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:06 PM   #7477
djvx
Ride Safe!

Oddometer: 161
Quote:
I am thinking of spooing on a set of the Shinko 244s on the SF's 17" wheels when I pick the bike up. From my research they get great reviews, and should really help out on the dirtroads that I will riding on a occasion.

They are also stupid cheap, at $75 a set, shipped. So if I don't like them, I am not out much.
Thats a sick deal, mine was 1300 more OTD. They have "changed" though since '09, they have fuel injection now, also you mentioned liking the Black, they also made Black klx250s's not just the sf's in 09. I got the sf mainly because Im only 5'8 and i fit on it better than the s, havent put dual sport tires on it yet though. Let's see some pics man...
Old 11-27-2012, 10:27 PM   #7478
250senuf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,207
[QUOTE=djvx;20131897] They have "changed" though since '09, they have fuel injection now, QUOTE]

Really? I just checked the Kawi sites for both USA and Canada, neither showed the 250SF that I could find anyway and the 250S still shows carbed for the '13s.
FI in other parts of the world but NA still carb equipped.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:39 AM   #7479
Pauls2ndblessing
Adventurer

Oddometer: 99
Quote:
Sure is sexy in black.

That is a great deal! You'll enjoy the hell out of that one bama, I'll have mine around the same time as you have yours so if you're ever a little south, lets ride man!
Pauls2ndblessing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:32 PM   #7480
Bama67
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauls2ndblessing View Post
That is a great deal! You'll enjoy the hell out of that one bama, I'll have mine around the same time as you have yours so if you're ever a little south, lets ride man!
Will do, one day I would like to go back to ride the Apalachicola forest again. Last time I went by myself and got stuck 12 miles from my truck in a sandy creek. Took me over an hour to get it out. I was starting to worry. I didn't see a single human being that entire day and was getting ready to spend the night walking in the dark.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:43 AM   #7481
Pauls2ndblessing
Adventurer

Oddometer: 99
Quote:
Will do, one day I would like to go back to ride the Apalachicola forest again. Last time I went by myself and got stuck 12 miles from my truck in a sandy creek. Took me over an hour to get it out. I was starting to worry. I didn't see a single human being that entire day and was getting ready to spend the night walking in the dark.
I've been wanting to get over there myself, heard its some really good riding!
Pauls2ndblessing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:26 AM   #7482
Ride Now
Graybeard

Oddometer: 107
Woo Hoo!!! 500 pages!!!
Ride Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:41 AM   #7483
Shwafish
Adventurer

Oddometer: 78
Question about a hose that is not connected to anything

So I have had my 2007 KLX250s for a couple of months now but have not ridden it much because it did not have an air filter when I bought it (I did not find this out till I got it home). When I put my new filter in I think I may have over oiled it because I noticed some filter oil leaking out of a hose onto the ground a few days later. When I got to looking at the hose it was leaking out of I saw that it has a hose clamp on the end and was expanded like it had been on a nipple at some point. The hose comes out of the very bottom of the air box and the only place I can find that it might have been connected is on the back of the engine on the right side. There is a bolt that is obviously not stock that seams to be plugging a hole. I have looked online and have not seen any mods that seem to fit what I am seeing on my bike but I could be missing something. Any info on this matter is appreciated.
Shwafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:47 AM   #7484
Landon
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 568
Sounds like the hose the smog stuff connected to, most people remove the smog crap and just plug the openings they were connected to.
Landon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:03 AM   #7485
IDRIDR
Take me to the River

Oddometer: 1,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shwafish View Post
So I have had my 2007 KLX250s for a couple of months now but have not ridden it much because it did not have an air filter when I bought it (I did not find this out till I got it home). When I put my new filter in I think I may have over oiled it because I noticed some filter oil leaking out of a hose onto the ground a few days later. When I got to looking at the hose it was leaking out of I saw that it has a hose clamp on the end and was expanded like it had been on a nipple at some point. The hose comes out of the very bottom of the air box and the only place I can find that it might have been connected is on the back of the engine on the right side. There is a bolt that is obviously not stock that seams to be plugging a hole. I have looked online and have not seen any mods that seem to fit what I am seeing on my bike but I could be missing something. Any info on this matter is appreciated.
This hose from the bottom of your air box is normal. There was originally a little container hanging on the end of the hose that is intended to catch those oil drips and allow you to drain and dispose of the oil properly so the oil doesn't dribble on the pavement, or worse yet a trail, and contaminate the environment . That container has a habit of catching on something and getting ripped off, leaving only the hose. Most of us leave it that way as we have total disregard for the environment and take great pleasure in letting a drop of oil hit the ground here and there.

Ya, the other one sounds like someone removed the air emissions equipment and plugged a hole. Another blatant example of complete environmental disregard.

A pic of this would help though if you can post one up. I'm not exactly sure what you're describing there.
IDRIDR is offline   Reply With Quote