Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2013, 04:05 PM   #7786
250senuf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickypanecatyl View Post
Any changes between the '12 and '13 models?
Nothing other than a variation on the colour scheme in Canada.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:27 AM   #7787
BroncoDave
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,489
new owner

Just purchased 07 250s did not do much research before buying so have a few questions as bike did not come withmanual.first is there a thread for this bike on this forum or is this one it? Need information on basic maintenance like how to adjust chain slack oil and filter change intervals, and stock suspension settings so I can start from there and adjust. Secondly, performance questions...bike has 2 brothers exhaust which is way way way too loud....looks like it has spark arrestor screen is it possible to change tips to quiet itdown and still keep spark arrestor. I looked on 2 bros website and am a little confused. I wanna be able to ride on state lands and not get a ticket or start fires. Also, bike seems to run good jetting wise except for it loses a little power or pool at about 8500 rpm. Is thatnormal for this bike or is my jetting off. Snorkel is removed but I have no idea what jetting is in it. Plug looks good.
BroncoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:45 AM   #7788
Lutz
Killer Rabbit

Oddometer: 1,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoDave View Post
Just purchased 07 250s did not do much research before buying so have a few questions as bike did not come withmanual.first is there a thread for this bike on this forum or is this one it? Need information on basic maintenance like how to adjust chain slack oil and filter change intervals, and stock suspension settings so I can start from there and adjust. Secondly, performance questions...bike has 2 brothers exhaust which is way way way too loud....looks like it has spark arrestor screen is it possible to change tips to quiet itdown and still keep spark arrestor. I looked on 2 bros website and am a little confused. I wanna be able to ride on state lands and not get a ticket or start fires. Also, bike seems to run good jetting wise except for it loses a little power or pool at about 8500 rpm. Is thatnormal for this bike or is my jetting off. Snorkel is removed but I have no idea what jetting is in it. Plug looks good.
This thread is pretty much it on this forum. There are other threads about the bike on ADVrider, but this one is the most comprehensive. There is a wealth of information at kawasakiforums.com; if you search there, you'll find your answers.

I think the 2 Brothers is known as being excessively loud. There may be other "quiet" tips available for it, but if you really want quiet, you may need to look at another brand of exhaust. Depending on you skills/resources, you may also be able to fab your own tip.

Peak power is at about 8500 RPM, so you should feel a reduction in power as you approach redline. That's not to say you may not have a tuning issue.
Lutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:01 AM   #7789
Rob.G
Mostly Harmless

Oddometer: 2,128
Quote:
I would suggest finding a KLX300 stock exhaust on eBay. The headpipe (required) and muffler together should cost you between $100-125 for one in decent condition. If it doesn't include the "quiet" insert (it probably won't) you can find another one for $25 or so. Without it, it's a bit on the loud side. With it, it's still louder than stock, but nowhere near as annoying. I have one on mine and am pretty happy with it. Then you can sell off the loud one to put towards other mods.

Once you do that and make sure the air filter is clean, see if you still have the hiccup at 8500. It sounds to me like the jetting might not be completely right... but getting the carburetor in and out is a bit of a pain, so it depends on your patience level when it comes to trying different settings. :)

Kawasaki has a downloads area for manuals, you may be able to find it here:

http://kawasaki.com/DefaultFrame.asp...OSEVEHICLE.ASP

Rob
'10 Kawasaki KLX351S #320
Rob.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:06 AM   #7790
mel brooks
Dirt Chick

Oddometer: 1,704
I have the Two Bros exhaust.

There is a 'quiet' tip available, I have it. It made a slight difference, but not a lot. Still VERY loud.

http://www.twobros.com/cgi-bin/shopp...0SF-SO_07.html

“Everytime I start thinkin’ the world is all bad, then I start seeing some people out having a good time on motorcycles and it makes me take another look.”
Steve McQueen, On Any Sunday
mel brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:24 AM   #7791
BroncoDave
Beastly Adventurer

Help I want a fmf q4 but they do not list it for a 07 what year will work they have 06 and 09 listed
Old 04-25-2013, 09:33 AM   #7792
total_n00b
Bits. Bytes. Bikes.

Oddometer: 80
Quote:
Help I want a fmf q4 but they do not list it for a 07 what year will work they have 06 and 09 listed
Weird, it works on my '10 just fine ;)
Old 04-25-2013, 09:48 AM   #7793
IDRIDR
Take me to the River

Oddometer: 1,353
Quote:
Get the '06. The '06/'07 bikes are the same.
IDRIDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:53 AM   #7794
BroncoDave
Beastly Adventurer

Thank you :)
Old 04-25-2013, 10:11 AM   #7795
IDRIDR
Take me to the River

Oddometer: 1,353
Quote:
Thank you :)
You're welcome. I have an '06 and bought a used '09+ HMF Q4 and it fit fine. I'm not sure there's much of a difference.
IDRIDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:51 PM   #7796
Bultaco206
Back-to-back motos suck

Oddometer: 2,134
Got a little dirty today in the mud. Decided to wash bikes this afternoon. I forgot what the green looked like.

And why was this thread 10 pages back?
Old 05-05-2013, 06:39 PM   #7797
Fulano
Scooter Trash

Oddometer: 424
here's another muffler question. What year(s) does a KLX 300 silencer/head pipe fit an '06?

All I need are loose shoes, tight pussy and a warm place to shit.
Fulano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:42 PM   #7798
250senuf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,279
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bultaco206 View Post
... And why was this thread 10 pages back?
Everybody's riding?

Nice to be away from the keyboard/screen.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:57 AM   #7799
Rob.G
Mostly Harmless

Oddometer: 2,128
I had a great ride yesterday up at Brown's Camp OHV Area to the west of Portland. The new suspension parts really shined! I watched a friend's stock XT250 bouncing around ahead of me while my KLX soaked up the bumps beautifully. He was in 1st gear most of the time while I was in 2nd, often times wishing he'd go faster. :)

Rob
'10 Kawasaki KLX351S #320
Rob.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:55 PM   #7800
8gv
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,343
Lowering links...

My son will soon be closing a deal on a 2006 KLX250s. It's his first bike and he has a 30" inseam measurement. I'm looking at getting a set of the Kouba links to lower the bike some.

For those here who have done this:

How low did you go?
Did you do anything else such as raising the forks?
How is the handling post lowering?

Thanks for your help.
8gv is offline   Reply With Quote