Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2013, 02:54 PM   #7921
IDRIDR
Take me to the River

Oddometer: 1,359
Thank you for the kind words, Rob. I hope it goes well for you!
IDRIDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:01 PM   #7922
Rob.G
Mostly Harmless

Oddometer: 2,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohenry View Post
I am thinking about this mod can you You Tube it?
YouTube it? What did you have in mind exactly? :)

Rob
'10 Kawasaki KLX351S #320 For Sale!
Rob.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:23 PM   #7923
250senuf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob.G View Post
YouTube it? What did you have in mind exactly? :)

Rob
Whazza matter? You can't wrench AND be a videographer at the same time.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:28 PM   #7924
brieninsac
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 205
Scott, I didn't know you did a write-up on the 351 install. I'll have to go back and read it when I have a few hours to kill. LOL!
brieninsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:26 AM   #7925
IDRIDR
Take me to the River

Quote:
Originally Posted by brieninsac View Post
..... when I have a few hours to kill. LOL!

Dan888 also has a good write-up. If you know of others, pm a link to me and I'll include in my build thread.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:36 AM   #7926
Handy
Sunburnt

Oddometer: 1,666
Hey guys, first post in this thread. I got a 2010 KLX250S a couple months ago wit about 1500 miles on it. I really like it so far, so much so that I sold two other bike since I got it. I have gone on a couple 250 mile rides in the last couple weeks and after about 200 miles my ass is killing me. I suppose I need to upgrade the seat, just wondering what peoples thoughts are on the subject. There is a company in Boise, Fisher, that modifies seats and seems to get good reviews. I will probably go with them unless someone convinces me otherwise. Thanks for the Help!

Here are a few pictures of my recent adventures

I plan on taking some long trips and camping off this bike so I hope I can get the seat a little more comfy.
I bought the Dyno jet kit and might install it today, put the rear rack on it, got a Giant Loop, a NomadRider tankbag, and have been packing around a 1.5 gal. Kolpin. In the future I may put a larger tank and some sort of windshield on it.
Handy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 12:13 PM   #7927
De250r
Adventurer

Oddometer: 73
Welcome to the thread enjoy the klx. I know I do. Yours looks familiar especially the pic on its side:)

Sent from the back woods of vt via patchy Internet
Live free and ride hard
De250r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:57 PM   #7928
brieninsac
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 205
Ya, the stock seat on the KLX is too firm for long rides. Upgrade to a Seat Concepts saddle and it'll be the best $170 you'll ever spend on your ass.
brieninsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 04:44 PM   #7929
zippets
WilD&CrAzY

Oddometer: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by brieninsac View Post
Ya, the stock seat on the KLX is too firm for long rides. Upgrade to a Seat Concepts saddle and it'll be the best $170 you'll ever spend on your ass.
AMEN to that i love mine :)
KLX250s Mods: FmF Q4 Pipe with a Mega bomb Header, FmF power core 4 Queit 1 1/8 Insert, DJ carb kit, DJ needle 3rd slot down, DJ jet #132, 2 turns out, Snorkle Removed, airbox screen removed, twin filter, Enduro Performance, Hand Guards, IMS 3 gallon tank, 13t front 48t rear, Soupy lowering link, seat concepts 1" lower cover, mercelo cam timing mod
zippets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:33 PM   #7930
mjs91882
Adventurer

Oddometer: 56
Im looking into buying a 250 and am intrested in the Kawasaki KLX 250. Hows this handle off road and also on the streets. So many people say go with the Honda crf250l, but i really think the KLX is the way to go. Any insight would be great thanks
mjs91882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:03 AM   #7931
zippets
WilD&CrAzY

Oddometer: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjs91882 View Post
Im looking into buying a 250 and am intrested in the Kawasaki KLX 250. Hows this handle off road and also on the streets. So many people say go with the Honda crf250l, but i really think the KLX is the way to go. Any insight would be great thanks
crf250l is 30 pounds more then the klx

i went through the same questions myself and i went with the klx becuase of the carb i did not want the EFI on a off road bike

i wanted the lighter bike for offroad and a bike that can grow with my skills
KLX250s Mods: FmF Q4 Pipe with a Mega bomb Header, FmF power core 4 Queit 1 1/8 Insert, DJ carb kit, DJ needle 3rd slot down, DJ jet #132, 2 turns out, Snorkle Removed, airbox screen removed, twin filter, Enduro Performance, Hand Guards, IMS 3 gallon tank, 13t front 48t rear, Soupy lowering link, seat concepts 1" lower cover, mercelo cam timing mod
zippets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:58 AM   #7932
James Parus
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
-KLX is lighter in weight.
-KLX has adjustable suspension(many honda owners need to change the shock)
-KLX has folding gear lever tip. Honda has solid gear lever tip(idiotic), Honda has tendency to bend the gear shaft. I bent the whole pedal from KLX and the shaft was ok, KLX has dirt style strong gear shaft, honda has street engine based light weight thin gear shaft.
-KLX has way more aftermarket parts and tuning possibilities, big bores and such.
-KLX has more ground clearance
-KLX has fuel cap with a hinge(honda cap drops off).
-KLX has two sided full chain guide, Honda has only outer side chain guide.
-KLX jumps better(lighter, better suspension)

Some argue that honda is better because it has EFI, well in europe the KLX has EFI too.

JP
James Parus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:32 AM   #7933
BroncoDave
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippets View Post
crf250l is 30 pounds more then the klx

i went through the same questions myself and i went with the klx becuase of the carb i did not want the EFI on a off road bike

i wanted the lighter bike for offroad and a bike that can grow with my skills
+1. No efi for me
BroncoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:45 AM   #7934
IDRIDR
Take me to the River

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy View Post
Hey guys, first post in this thread. I got a 2010 KLX250S a couple months ago wit about 1500 miles on it. I really like it so far, so much so that I sold two other bike since I got it. I have gone on a couple 250 mile rides in the last couple weeks and after about 200 miles my ass is killing me. I suppose I need to upgrade the seat, just wondering what peoples thoughts are on the subject. There is a company in Boise, Fisher, that modifies seats and seems to get good reviews. I will probably go with them unless someone convinces me otherwise. Thanks for the Help!

I plan on taking some long trips and camping off this bike so I hope I can get the seat a little more comfy.
I bought the Dyno jet kit and might install it today, put the rear rack on it, got a Giant Loop, a NomadRider tankbag, and have been packing around a 1.5 gal. Kolpin. In the future I may put a larger tank and some sort of windshield on it.
Handy: Welcome to the KLX club. I put a Guts Racing Tall seat on mine (6'1" with 34" inseam) and it made a world of difference for trail riding. For longer in-the-seat rides it's a little narrow so run some Sweet Cheeks for those rides to spread my 200# load. I haven't tried any of other seat setups, but have heard good things about Fisher and would be interested to know more and hear a report from you if you go that direction. I've thought about dropping by their place for my KLR seat.

Giant Loop and a tank bag are great on the KLX.

Dyno Jet's recommendations seem to be on the rich side for our bike, FYI. Do you have an aftermarket silencer? The stock can is plugged! If you don't mind some noise, I have an HMF Performance that I'd let go cheap. Only a few hundred miles on repack with a few scratches but otherwise good condition.

IDRIDR screwed with this post 06-10-2013 at 09:00 AM
Old 06-10-2013, 09:30 AM   #7935
Rob.G
Mostly Harmless

Oddometer: 2,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjs91882 View Post
I see you found your way over here. :)

Some of the folks that frequent this thread have already replied to yours, but now many others can chime in too.

Where are you located? We might be able to help you find a bike.

Rob
'10 Kawasaki KLX351S #320 For Sale!
Rob.G is offline   Reply With Quote