User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2006, 10:45 AM   #811
xfile
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Pissed CRD Skid Plate Help. !!!!!!

"FourStrokesOnly" only ships to USA, can't find anywhere on the net. can't locate any in Canada? The CRD website does not work....Help please...can't find one that will come close to the CRD finish and protection level. Any help welcome or alternatives...Thank you
xfile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 11:06 AM   #812
skootercee
GOT MUDD!

Oddometer: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfile
"FourStrokesOnly" only ships to USA, can't find anywhere on the net. can't locate any in Canada? The CRD website does not work....Help please...can't find one that will come close to the CRD finish and protection level. Any help welcome or alternatives...Thank you
try moose racing.
Old 03-16-2006, 03:10 PM   #813
jeepphamilee
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
rejetting nerves

Quote:
Originally Posted by skootercee
I got my muzzy on today, did the free mods but did not do a thing to the carb yet. need help!
Hey Skoot, I was sweating the rejet process bad, Carbs have never been in my comfort level. Turns out it was all for nothing, the hardest part about the jet and needle kit is getting the dumb ass carb out..... and then back in, it's tight in there! The whole process NOT including removing/installing the carb took all of maybe 5 minutes. The difference in the bike with the Muzzy alone is barely noticable other than the sound, but couple that with the rejetting and man oh man this is one super fun bike!! This is the first day I have had with all the mods and it isn't even close to being the same bike. Don't wait another day to get that carb taken care of, you will most pleased with the results!!!
jeepphamilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 03:35 PM   #814
bmwhd OP
God Bless Texas

Oddometer: 1,476
A little fun at the OHV park

I spent the day at our local OHV park Rocky Ridge near Slidell, TX

I didn't have anyone to take pics of me riding but here are some shots of the park. It's got every type of terrain you could ever want from wide open fields to deep woods on steep hills.

Wonder why they call it Rocky Ridge????

This is way steeper than it looks in this picture. Almost straight up at some points but the little KLX just chugs right on up.

There's a dry creek bed at the tree line that's full of fun trails and jumps.

Two years of drought not so good for the lake but good for riding! Lots of deep sand.

The little rock face in this picture is also way steeper than it looks. Almost straight up and a real challenge on the KLX. You have to hit it just right and then gun it when you're standing on the rear wheel at the top because there's another whoop just beyond the top.

This park is 56 miles from my house. I love the fact that the IMS tank lets me ride there, play all day, and then ride home.

'78 R80/7
'06 FJR1300A

"Gentlemen, gentlemen, be of good cheer, for they are out there and we are in here!" - Robert Culp, attributed by Hugh Hefner as the official slogan of the Playboy Mansion
bmwhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 04:01 PM   #815
sullydirt
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 701
Nice Pics BMWHD! I was thinking of getting the black IMS tank, but I like the looks of the white. Where did you get you ADV stickers?

sullydirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 04:45 PM   #816
happyboyc
just giv'r

Oddometer: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwhd
Just got back from a 218 mile ride around lovely N. Texas. Some pavement but mostly dirt and deep gravel roads.

Note the reading on the bike's trip meter (not the GPS which is total for the trip).

THAT'S RIGHT! 152 miles and NOT ON RESERVE YET!!!!

Here's a picture of the remaining fuel after 152 miles. It's kinda hard to see in the picture so I marked it:

There's at least one half gallon left in the tank.

My bike gets between 52 and 58 mpg depending on conditions. Today I fought a 15 knot headwind for half the trip so it was closer to 52.

I'm now confident to ride with my friends on their big dual sports without holding them back due to limited range.

What petcock did you use?? How bout a picture of it to show how well it fits!? Thanx for the great input on this thread
happyboyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 05:01 PM   #817
Nobiman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 483
Nice pics dude!

Next time, try setting your camera timer. Then run to the bike, put it in gear and wheelie off just in time for a pic.

Sucks riding by yourself, huh? When ever you do something cool, yer like, crap nobody even saw me do that and I'll probably never be able to do it again!

Keep 'em coming. Randy.
'06 VTX 1800 C (at least the flames are orange)
Nobiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 08:56 PM   #818
kyjelly44
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
well that rear fends from UFO didnt work.(endro universal).i would have had to cut the rear sub frame benind all the rack mounting X-brackets.the fender was to narrow at the back.i didt get the muzzys on and im running a 14/50 gear with an x-link chain.with this gearing you will need a new chain and the low sproket guard will need gouging.
i was out all day and what i did with the dyno jet kit is a little different then most.im on the 3rd slot on needle.3 turns out.and i didnt drill the slide.and works better(what i feel)then my friends bike that drilled and 2.5 turns on air.better im saying it throttle response.
Old 03-16-2006, 10:03 PM   #819
MaverickAus
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 942
Great pix Todd ... find some real hills tho next time ok
Attached Images

Old 03-16-2006, 10:43 PM   #820
bmwhd OP
God Bless Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickAus
Great pix Todd ... find some real hills tho next time ok
There are such in Texas, just not around me It's two hours to the real hills.

'78 R80/7
'06 FJR1300A

"Gentlemen, gentlemen, be of good cheer, for they are out there and we are in here!" - Robert Culp, attributed by Hugh Hefner as the official slogan of the Playboy Mansion
Old 03-16-2006, 11:00 PM   #821
bmwhd OP
God Bless Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyboyc
What petcock did you use?? How bout a picture of it to show how well it fits!? Thanx for the great input on this thread
Here you go. I used the stock KLX300 petcock. It sets behind the OEM petcock position but it's not too hard to reach. I'm going to cut off the OEM petcock mount as soon as I pick up some silver touch up paint for the frame.

Note, the angle of this picture makes it look like the petcock is near the choke. It's not really. It isn't close to touching anything.

'78 R80/7
'06 FJR1300A

Old 03-17-2006, 01:11 AM   #822
MaverickAus
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 942
Quote:
There are such in Texas, just not around me It's two hours to the real hills.
Damnnnnnnnnn .... I got it ... you will just have to move
Old 03-17-2006, 10:43 AM   #823
kyjelly44
Adventurer

14/50 (3:57) gearing
62 mph=7300rpm
this info is off my tach and speedo ,not any math formula.
Old 03-17-2006, 05:44 PM   #824
happyboyc
just giv'r

Oddometer: 12
Quote:
Here you go. I used the stock KLX300 petcock. It sets behind the OEM petcock position but it's not too hard to reach. I'm going to cut off the OEM petcock mount as soon as I pick up some silver touch up paint for the frame.

Note, the angle of this picture makes it look like the petcock is near the choke. It's not really. It isn't close to touching anything.

Looks great, Thanx. I thought it was a little expensive if it wasn't going to work but this will make it worth it. Thanx again!!
happyboyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 08:19 PM   #825
kyjelly44
Adventurer

look this up on ebay and tell me if you think it will work?
Item number: 4621970197