Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2006, 07:40 PM   #946
MaverickAus
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 941
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendoggy
Alright I am newbie in this forum, well i have read this thread 3 times total love all the pics and all of you are great. I just finished up the paper work with my bank for a new KLX250 I am in Guam, freaking gorgerous here and its 5 am should be finishing up the paper work today on the beast, will let you know how it goes, just hope the salt water and air out here isnt to hard on it for the 5 months i have left here.
Welcome hendoggy, you will love it
2006 CT110X
2012 Versys
MaverickAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 08:00 PM   #947
nobrakes
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdunne
After shattering the front fender last weekend I got my new UFO fender in today switched to black to match the color scheme of my bike. I also removed all the flush mount turn signal gear to give it more of a enduro look. (turn signals not required in NC)

BEFORE
New fender looks great, sdunne! Hope your ribs are doing better
nobrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 08:56 PM   #948
sdunne
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
Ribs, wrist and thighs are still sore but still going back out to the track this weekend. I need to put down faster lap times if Im going to be able to compete with the MX bikes at the end of april. I plan on posting a full report after practice saturday the 29th and after the races on sunday the 30th. I have a few more adjustments to do before the races(new tires, fork servicing, and break the 2 min per lap mark at the track.) If I do all of those I should be in pretty good shape to win the 125 c class.
sdunne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 09:55 PM   #949
bmwhd OP
God Bless Texas

Oddometer: 1,476
WOOOO HOOOO! Muzzy ON!!! Like they say, this thing rocks!!!!

'78 R80/7
'06 FJR1300A

"Gentlemen, gentlemen, be of good cheer, for they are out there and we are in here!" - Robert Culp, attributed by Hugh Hefner as the official slogan of the Playboy Mansion
bmwhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 06:22 AM   #950
Zig
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlortz
Hello all!!

I've had my 250, for a few months and have put 950 miles on it in that time and I'm getting around 60mpg. That pretty good considering my usual destination is the local ATV park. I love that suspension!!! I'm wondering if anybody else has put some mileage on theirs. I'm in Iowa and therefore, fighting the weather for ride time.
I was getting similar mileage until the mods. I am now getting about 45mpg, but have no regrets whatsoever after the huge power increase.
Zig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 12:05 PM   #951
klxandy
n00b

Oddometer: 9
KLX 300cc kit

I just finished the 300c big bore kit on my 2006 KLX250S. All the parts listed in the earlier posts were exactly what was needed. It definately is a straight bolt on, and the cylinder goes in to the cases with room to spare. I rejetted to a 132 main with my dynojet kit, 4th clip on needle, 2 1/2 turns on fuel screw. (Exactly as the dyjet kit recommends). Run awesome! The procedure took me 8 hours from start to test ridden and finished. I am breaking the motor in, but can say right off the bat that there is alot better spread of power from bottom to top. Real nice and strong midrange to top. Feels like a real thumper now. I would highly recommend this upgrade.
klxandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 08:18 PM   #952
jeepphamilee
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
cost

Quote:
Originally Posted by klxandy
I just finished the 300c big bore kit on my 2006 KLX250S. All the parts listed in the earlier posts were exactly what was needed. It definately is a straight bolt on, and the cylinder goes in to the cases with room to spare. I rejetted to a 132 main with my dynojet kit, 4th clip on needle, 2 1/2 turns on fuel screw. (Exactly as the dyjet kit recommends). Run awesome! The procedure took me 8 hours from start to test ridden and finished. I am breaking the motor in, but can say right off the bat that there is alot better spread of power from bottom to top. Real nice and strong midrange to top. Feels like a real thumper now. I would highly recommend this upgrade.
KLXAndy,

If you don't mind me asking, how much did the 300 setup cost all said and done?

Thanks, brian
jeepphamilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 08:18 PM   #953
Sid Post
Returning rider

Oddometer: 83
KLXAndy,

What sort of cost is this? Did you get a kit from Austrailia, if so where and how, or did you get the parts from your local Kawasaki dealer?

Was any maching required or, did this include a new topend "barrel/jug" or whatever it is called? As you can tell, I'm not much of a motorcycle mechanic.

Thanks!
Sid
Sid Post is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 08:44 PM   #954
MaverickAus
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 941
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Post
KLXAndy,

What sort of cost is this? Did you get a kit from Austrailia, if so where and how, or did you get the parts from your local Kawasaki dealer?

Was any maching required or, did this include a new topend "barrel/jug" or whatever it is called? As you can tell, I'm not much of a motorcycle mechanic.

Thanks!
Sid
Dont know about the cost in the states but the kit is $600 aus and there is no machining required, as klxandy said it's a direct bolt on replacment barrell, piston, gudgeon pin, rings, gaskets and circlips .... all made by Kawasaki
Attached Images

2006 CT110X
2012 Versys

MaverickAus screwed with this post 03-31-2006 at 09:00 PM
MaverickAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 10:23 PM   #955
SMURPH
Jackass

Oddometer: 382
Hi everyone!

Hey there guys,

Well... i've read and re-read almost every conversation (longest thread i've ever seen! )- including some repeats on other forum websites. My quest is to find someone to make a decision for me... buy a 2006 KLR650 or the KLX250. I like fire-roads and some single track. I'm not into flying through the air and stuff. But I do miss my old CR250 and recently sold my SV650 a couple of years ago and the 'DS' addiction has hit me full on. I guess the only thing that bugs me about the KLX is why they didn't offer up a larger tank - though I've seen the awesome work by a couple of you to show others how to fit the 3.2 on the bike. Maybe Kawi will come out with a larger tank but I doubt it. Anyway... thanks to all of you for all your input and discussions. I think i'm gonna go put a deposit on one tomorrow. By the way... i've noticed price to be a 'hot' topic in some threads. Currently - up here in Edmonton, Alberta Canada - the 250 is $5999 but is selling for $5800 plus the 7% GST. The KLR is at $6200 plus gst. I've seen some postings from the states where people have been getting them for the equivalent of $5000 Canadian - including taxes. Crazy. And there aren't that many around either. Maybe it will turn out to be like the housing market - a return on investment. K... that's it for now... i'm done blabbin.

Take care all

Smurph

p.s - any other Alberta riders around ??
SMURPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 02:34 AM   #956
hendoggy
Crash test dummy

Oddometer: 18
Well here is my new KLX250 and I am in guam, some fun riding, need to get some of the mods done that 300 kit is looking good for the bike.

hendoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 07:17 AM   #957
JERSEY swamp rat
watch the roost

Oddometer: 6
Great pix's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hendoggy
Well here is my new KLX250 and I am in guam, some fun riding, need to get some of the mods done that 300 kit is looking good for the bike.

I'm jealous, It looks like you have some great scenery. Hope you enjoy your bike.

JERSEY swamp rat screwed with this post 04-01-2006 at 07:24 AM
JERSEY swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 07:33 AM   #958
JERSEY swamp rat
watch the roost

Oddometer: 6
Klx250 parts coming soon!!!

I found this site wile surfing today, there will be parts for the klx250 soon!!! http://www.dual-star.com/index2/Bran...KLX%20250s.htm
Old 04-01-2006, 10:17 AM   #959
hendoggy
Crash test dummy

Oddometer: 18
I think i have read this thread 3 times now love all the work and effort everyone is keeping up in here sure does help, I know i have seen in cant find it now thought the disturbtor that had the muzzy exhaust that was cheaper than 427.00 any help would be great i need to get it order so i can get it on the green machine. Thanks Mike
hendoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 12:22 PM   #960
SMURPH
Jackass

Oddometer: 382
May have to trade the mountains for some ocean. Looks great Hendoggy!
SMURPH is offline   Reply With Quote