Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 821
Magura...
Seikkailu_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 04:08 PM   #62
Roboter
Vagabond

Oddometer: 824
Will a hydraulic clutch system from an 07 640 Adventure for example bolt directly onto my 99 Adventure? If not, what would I have to do it order to make it work?
Thanks all!
Roboter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 09:39 AM   #63
potatoho
Cheese and Rice!

Oddometer: 4,683
Roboter, I don't believe so. The OEM hydro has internal pieces.

I have installed a Magura hydro clutch onto my 1999 LC4E. Works pretty good. You would have to check for compatibility with the Adventure.

I can't find my post on here. I'll try to dig up the part # and where I ordered it. It was a good price.

Okay, found my info. For my 1999 LC4E (not sure if Adv is identical) the Magura part # is 0120523. Keep in mind that there are other weird Magura numbers such as -30 and whatnot which are not the same part. Mine is 0120523 (0612-0035).

I got mine from here; http://oemcycle.com/Item/product/1673

Also don't forget to order a mirror mount piece if you need it.

potatoho screwed with this post 11-21-2007 at 10:04 AM
potatoho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 02:17 PM   #64
Roboter
Vagabond

Oddometer: 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by potatoho
Roboter, I don't believe so. The OEM hydro has internal pieces.

I have installed a Magura hydro clutch onto my 1999 LC4E. Works pretty good. You would have to check for compatibility with the Adventure.

I can't find my post on here. I'll try to dig up the part # and where I ordered it. It was a good price.

Okay, found my info. For my 1999 LC4E (not sure if Adv is identical) the Magura part # is 0120523. Keep in mind that there are other weird Magura numbers such as -30 and whatnot which are not the same part. Mine is 0120523 (0612-0035).

I got mine from here; http://oemcycle.com/Item/product/1673

Also don't forget to order a mirror mount piece if you need it.
Thanks bro! Its on its way to my door step now!
Roboter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 12:23 AM   #65
Hotshot
Def

Oddometer: 272
Eh? Still searching...

Ok, not to beat this thread to death and not to really look like an idget, but what is the difference in the '99 and '01 Magura hydras? They seem to have different part numbers. Also, the KTM catalog says the it won't fit an LC4E with electric start. Is it just the controls? I've mounted Maguras on my other dirt bikes (KDX, CR, ect) and it was straight forward. As long as there is room for the slave cylinder on the crank case, right? As far as controls go, Arch seems to have the answer there. No big deal. I just want to mount one on my '01 LC4, oh, and find the best deal. Wouldn't any Magura Jack with a decomp lever work? Suggestions please.

Thanks,
me
Hotshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 08:39 AM   #66
enduro-ince
dirtslave

Oddometer: 4,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot
Ok, not to beat this thread to death and not to really look like an idget, but what is the difference in the '99 and '01 Magura hydras? They seem to have different part numbers. Also, the KTM catalog says the it won't fit an LC4E with electric start. Is it just the controls? I've mounted Maguras on my other dirt bikes (KDX, CR, ect) and it was straight forward. As long as there is room for the slave cylinder on the crank case, right? As far as controls go, Arch seems to have the answer there. No big deal. I just want to mount one on my '01 LC4, oh, and find the best deal. Wouldn't any Magura Jack with a decomp lever work? Suggestions please.

Thanks,
me

I'm wondering the same thing. I'm looking at a oo' 640e and would need to switch to hydro right away. I have an upgraded 02 640 adventure with the Magura kit that required the dremel work, any way to swap that to the 00 640e??
enduro-ince is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 02:28 PM   #67
Jan from Finland
Registered

Oddometer: 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot

Thanks,
me
I have ’00 Adventure with Magura HYMEC kit. I got mine from www.sommer-ktm.de. It should fit all LC4s until 2002, but will require some cutting of the plastic controls assembly housing. It’s easy to do with soldering iron, Dremel or file. Only remaining issue is a slight interference with hand guards. I can’t turn the clutch assembly as freely as I wish. I think it’s not the same as the KTM hydraulic clutch. The OEM looks a bit smaller one.
- Pro Travel Tip by Overland Journal
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jan from Finland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 04:42 AM   #68
GUSABERG
Blat

Oddometer: 1
Rekluse

Hey folks, new to ADVRider so just figuring it out. Not that great with computers to tell the truth !!!! I need advice on what oil to use in my 640 ADV with a Rekluse clutch!!! There is so much bloody info out there. Much of it is conflicting. Who is the go to for this question???? Cheers all.
GUSABERG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 06:54 AM   #69
dirty_sanchez
Dirty_Sanchez

Oddometer: 2,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by GUSABERG View Post
Hey folks, new to ADVRider so just figuring it out. Not that great with computers to tell the truth !!!! I need advice on what oil to use in my 640 ADV with a Rekluse clutch!!! There is so much bloody info out there. Much of it is conflicting. Who is the go to for this question???? Cheers all.
Gus-I have a rekluse installed on my YZ450F and have used the Rotella Synthetic oil in her since '04 without a problem. friction and clutch plates still measure within spec.

Dirty