User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2009, 08:28 AM   #1
wes_tulsa OP
Wanted: a vagabond life

Oddometer: 72
KTM 625 SXC Wheels??

I've got an '04 KTM 625 SXC and I was thinking I'd try and pick up and extra set of used wheels so I can keep some knobbies mounted. I've done some searching but no luck. Does anyone know a good source for what I'm looking for. OR does anyone know of another model bike who's wheels we work (rotors and sprockets match up etc...)?

wes_tulsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:49 AM   #2
Sheep Shagger
Show me your fleece

Oddometer: 2,069
Any LC4 or RFS wheel will fit. Since the SXC didn't come with a cush hub, and you are using road rubber. My suggestion would be to look for an LC4e / 640 Adventure rear wheel and use that with road rubber and your current non-cush for knobbies.
Or, get a set of Motard 17" rims for the road, that way you will have a lot more options on road rubber. KTM SMC wheels would be perfect.

So any KTM wheel set from a 640cc or less, 2002 newer will fit. If you check front axle size, you can go back to 1996 I *think*
Sheep Shagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:17 AM   #3
crazybrit
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep Shagger
So any KTM wheel set from a 640cc or less, 2002 newer will fit. If you check front axle size, you can go back to 1996 I *think*
Nope. SXC didn't change axle size so it still uses older/smaller axles. 2003/later RFS used the new axle.
This has all been discussed many times before.

Rear isn't an issue though I recall some discussion about the rear cush hub changing and their being two widths. There was a thread on this within the last 6 months. A 2001 LC4e rear cush fits my 2004 SXC as I have one.
crazybrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 03:33 PM   #4
wes_tulsa OP
Wanted: a vagabond life

Oddometer: 72
So you're telling me that wheel/hubs off any 640cc or less 2002 or newer KTM will fit my 04 625 SXC and that the LC4e rear wheel has a cush drive?

What I'd like to do is setup the 625 for dual sport riding. I put some Metzler Enduro Sahara 3 tires on front and rear, but I'd like to have an extra set of wheels for knobbies too. Are there decent dual sport tires out there for 17" rims? The supermoto setup doesn't really appeal to me as I have a 950 Supermoto I normally ride.

There dirt/dual sport thing is new to me. A buddy and I want to do some sections of the TransAm trail, mainly through Arkansas. I don't won't to pump to much money into this bike until I know for sure my knees will hold up.

wes_tulsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 05:14 PM   #5
Taki
Waiting for Godot

Oddometer: 973
KTMTalk.com