ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-03-2009, 11:47 AM   #166
G-Funk
That ... Umm ..... "Dude"
 
G-Funk's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Pacific Northwest
Oddometer: 5,259
1997 - 8791 Update ......

1997 8791 was Godspeed's

But back in May of this year it became mine .....







G.
__________________
03 Caponord

"The Funness out-weighs the Dumbness ....." - Mr. Jetmoto
G-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:07 AM   #167
GODSPEED
finger lickin' good
 
GODSPEED's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2003
Location: Seattle
Oddometer: 2,075
Great ya bastage, you had to rub it in didn't ya. One of my favorite places too.


Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Funk
1997 8791 was Godspeed's

But back in May of this year it became mine .....







G.
__________________
Godspeed

I'd rather do it than watch it.

Those of you with spouse and SO's know this already, but man give them a big hug, and don't take anything foregranted. - MACK RIP

When 51% of the grasshoppers vote, the ants are screwed.




http://godspeed.smugmug.com/Motorcycles
GODSPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 04:07 PM   #168
mtbdemon
Studly Adventurer
 
mtbdemon's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Beaverton Oregon
Oddometer: 927
VIN#8857 is now in Beaverton Oregon. I bought it from Thule and I love it!!
__________________
I am a leaf on the wind, watch me.....ride (I know, it makes no sense)
2007 YZ 250F SOLD
1998 KTM 620 Adventure
2004 KTM 200 EXC
mtbdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 07:38 PM   #169
G-Funk
That ... Umm ..... "Dude"
 
G-Funk's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Pacific Northwest
Oddometer: 5,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by GODSPEED
Great ya bastage, you had to rub it in didn't ya. One of my favorite places too.
Dood .... I've been meaning to PM you with some of the pics ...... TO rub it in.

I am F'ing smitten with that bike.

G.
__________________
03 Caponord

"The Funness out-weighs the Dumbness ....." - Mr. Jetmoto
G-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:52 PM   #170
Crawdaddy
Navigate 2 Adventure
 
Crawdaddy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Ramona, CA.
Oddometer: 2,187
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Funk
I am F'ing smitten with that bike.

G.
Me too - Just looped the Grand Canyon with my 620 EGS-E

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=514330

__________________
Chris Crawford (Crawford + 4 kids = Crawdaddy )
http://www.CrawdadOffRoadEvents.com
http://www.DualSportMoto.com
http://www.WhereAmIRiding.com

Crawdaddy screwed with this post 10-12-2009 at 12:38 PM
Crawdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 09:07 AM   #171
G-Funk
That ... Umm ..... "Dude"
 
G-Funk's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Pacific Northwest
Oddometer: 5,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy
Me too - Just looped the Grand Canyon with my 620 EGS-E

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=514330
Nice RR Crawdaddy ......

Some of your shots look almost identical to mine, cept I didn't have the grand canyon in the background .....

Me and a buddy of mine did a south central oregon loop ...... here's my RR, for those interested in checking it out.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=510033

G.
__________________
03 Caponord

"The Funness out-weighs the Dumbness ....." - Mr. Jetmoto
G-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 11:21 AM   #172
K9OFSTRIKEX
Adventurer
 
K9OFSTRIKEX's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Morgantown, WV
Oddometer: 42
Definately NOT sequential! Just bought 1998 8792 in New Zealand which would be right in between 1997 8791 Godspeed (now G-funk) and 1998 8793 GJohnson. Hope this helps in the tracking.

Also, looking to get 8792 US citizenship when I come home, anyone have any advice or tips on this, or is it just damn near impossible?
Attached Images
 
K9OFSTRIKEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 12:27 PM   #173
mtbdemon
Studly Adventurer
 
mtbdemon's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Beaverton Oregon
Oddometer: 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Funk
Nice RR Crawdaddy ......

Some of your shots look almost identical to mine, cept I didn't have the grand canyon in the background .....

Me and a buddy of mine did a south central oregon loop ...... here's my RR, for those interested in checking it out.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=510033

G.
Hey G-funk,
Good to know there is someone so close with the same bike! Would like to talk sometime when you have the time
__________________
I am a leaf on the wind, watch me.....ride (I know, it makes no sense)
2007 YZ 250F SOLD
1998 KTM 620 Adventure
2004 KTM 200 EXC
mtbdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 08:51 AM   #174
G-Funk
That ... Umm ..... "Dude"
 
G-Funk's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Pacific Northwest
Oddometer: 5,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbdemon
Hey G-funk,
Good to know there is someone so close with the same bike! Would like to talk sometime when you have the time
Most definitely .....

Have you checked out the PNW Regional Forums yet ??????

G.
__________________
03 Caponord

"The Funness out-weighs the Dumbness ....." - Mr. Jetmoto
G-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 09:02 AM   #175
mtbdemon
Studly Adventurer
 
mtbdemon's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Beaverton Oregon
Oddometer: 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Funk
Most definitely .....

Have you checked out the PNW Regional Forums yet ??????

G.
I have and have talked with Luke via e-mail a couple of times. Would love to go on a few adv rides sometime.
Cuurrently, I'm having some problems with my bike wanting to die at higher speeds and RPM's and then coming back to life a few seconds later. It happenned 6-7 times yesterday so I need to track that problem down.
Do you do the Thursday get togethers?

Ken
__________________
I am a leaf on the wind, watch me.....ride (I know, it makes no sense)
2007 YZ 250F SOLD
1998 KTM 620 Adventure
2004 KTM 200 EXC
mtbdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 09:09 AM   #176
G-Funk
That ... Umm ..... "Dude"
 
G-Funk's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Pacific Northwest
Oddometer: 5,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbdemon
I have and have talked with Luke via e-mail a couple of times. Would love to go on a few adv rides sometime.
Cuurrently, I'm having some problems with my bike wanting to die at higher speeds and RPM's and then coming back to life a few seconds later. It happenned 6-7 times yesterday so I need to track that problem down.
Do you do the Thursday get togethers?

Ken
Bummer ......

Yeah, I'm about to swap out the carb on mine, because I think it's causing a surging issue. Currently there's an edelbrock in it, and I'm gonna swap in a BST that Godspeed included with the bike.

As for the Thursday get togethers - well, I'm down in Eugene, so I haven't had the time / opportunity to actually hook up with everyone, yet.

It will happen one of these days .....

G.
__________________
03 Caponord

"The Funness out-weighs the Dumbness ....." - Mr. Jetmoto
G-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:37 AM   #177
Strega
Black is a color
 
Strega's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Oddometer: 464
I am now the owner of VIN 8793.

Previous owners:
RedRice
GJohnson
Crawdaddy




Cheers!
__________________
-Roger

Bikes: ['09 KTM 690 R]['98 KTM 620 Adv]['07 WR 450F]['99 YAM R6]
Duties: [D37 - GPS Coordinator][C.O.R.E - VP / Site Admin]
Support: [Where Am I Riding][Dual Sport Moto][C.O.R.E.][Nomadic Racks][Dual Sport Maps]

Strega screwed with this post 03-11-2011 at 01:00 AM
Strega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 03:50 PM   #178
Crawdaddy
Navigate 2 Adventure
 
Crawdaddy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Ramona, CA.
Oddometer: 2,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strega
I am now the owner of VIN 8793.
Couldn't you find a better pic than one with a front flat! Congrats......take good of it.....I know where you live.....
__________________
Chris Crawford (Crawford + 4 kids = Crawdaddy )
http://www.CrawdadOffRoadEvents.com
http://www.DualSportMoto.com
http://www.WhereAmIRiding.com
Crawdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 05:28 PM   #179
Strega
Black is a color
 
Strega's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Oddometer: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy
Couldn't you find a better pic than one with a front flat!
I thought it was a natural kick stand and you were off eatin beef jerky.
__________________
-Roger

Bikes: ['09 KTM 690 R]['98 KTM 620 Adv]['07 WR 450F]['99 YAM R6]
Duties: [D37 - GPS Coordinator][C.O.R.E - VP / Site Admin]
Support: [Where Am I Riding][Dual Sport Moto][C.O.R.E.][Nomadic Racks][Dual Sport Maps]
Strega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 05:57 PM   #180
G-Funk
That ... Umm ..... "Dude"
 
G-Funk's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Pacific Northwest
Oddometer: 5,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by K9OFSTRIKEX
Definately NOT sequential! Just bought 1998 8792 in New Zealand which would be right in between 1997 8791 Godspeed (now G-funk) and 1998 8793 GJohnson. Hope this helps in the tracking.

Also, looking to get 8792 US citizenship when I come home, anyone have any advice or tips on this, or is it just damn near impossible?
Hey, Hey ......

Lovely bike you have there ....

Question for you, and Crawdaddy ...... Centerstand. What part number is that? / is it from a 620 or 640? - for OEM, or is it after market?

Give G the low down .......

G.
__________________
03 Caponord

"The Funness out-weighs the Dumbness ....." - Mr. Jetmoto
G-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014