ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-05-2006, 01:09 PM   #1
Topdog OP
baw chica baw waw!!
 
Topdog's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Marietta, GA
Oddometer: 838
Bikeweek 2006?

Anybody planning on riding to Daytona From the ATL for bike week? If so when, where ya staying, when ya comin back? I usually stay at a friends B&B but they have since sold it and I'm looking for other accomidations. Camping would be fine, but a bed and shower even better. Maybe some of us can go together? Let me know.
Topdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 02:06 PM   #2
kv
[none]
 
kv's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2002
Location: Canton, GA
Oddometer: 5,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by topdogawards
Anybody planning on riding to Daytona From the ATL for bike week? If so when, where ya staying, when ya comin back? I usually stay at a friends B&B but they have since sold it and I'm looking for other accomidations. Camping would be fine, but a bed and shower even better. Maybe some of us can go together? Let me know.
Stayed with Krautbikeman last year. He lives in South Daytona. Every year I swear I'm not going back but then we have days like tomorrow with a reported high of only 41 degrees.
__________________


Save $5.00 on a subscription to Smugmug by entering SmYAucfONBnH2 in the 'Referred by' field on the signup form.
kv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 02:18 PM   #3
klrrider
I'LL TAKE ANOTHER 1
 
klrrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Oddometer: 64
Td what you want to put your self back in that mess again dont you rember last trip.
__________________
today is a gift that is why it is called the present.
klrrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 02:19 PM   #4
kv
[none]
 
kv's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2002
Location: Canton, GA
Oddometer: 5,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by klrrider
Td what you want to put your self back in that mess again dont you rember last trip.
__________________


Save $5.00 on a subscription to Smugmug by entering SmYAucfONBnH2 in the 'Referred by' field on the signup form.
kv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 02:31 PM   #5
Topdog OP
baw chica baw waw!!
 
Topdog's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Marietta, GA
Oddometer: 838
Quote:
Originally Posted by klrrider
Td what you want to put your self back in that mess again dont you rember last trip.
What, are you scared?
Topdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 05:06 PM   #6
Dirtysouth
Stud fee waived for noobs
 
Dirtysouth's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: 30120
Oddometer: 4,909
I've never been myself but plan on going this year. I would like to ride down with some of you guys and hang out. Hell I can camp, or get a room.
Dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 05:48 AM   #7
klrrider
I'LL TAKE ANOTHER 1
 
klrrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Oddometer: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by topdogawards
What, are you scared?
Just hope this trip doesant bring all the trouble that the last one did... like a hurricane.
__________________
today is a gift that is why it is called the present.
klrrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 03:05 PM   #8
Topdog OP
baw chica baw waw!!
 
Topdog's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Marietta, GA
Oddometer: 838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtysouth
I've never been myself but plan on going this year. I would like to ride down with some of you guys and hang out. Hell I can camp, or get a room.
thats cool, when do you plan on going or are you flexable? I might have a place for us to stay but nothing definate.
Topdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 09:20 PM   #9
svwayne
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Lawrenceville, Jawja
Oddometer: 945
I'll be heading out on Wednesday, staying somewhere in middle\south GA, then to Daytona on Thursday. I'm staying at a hotel in Palatka but right now all the beds in my room are taken.

P.S. There is a guy over in the Ride Reports forum who is trying to put together a DS ride for sometime that week.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107689
svwayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 11:26 PM   #10
AdventurMdza
Adventurer
 
AdventurMdza's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Oddometer: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by svwayne
I'm staying at a hotel in Palatka but right now all the beds in my room are taken.
Palatka?? That's 65 miles from Daytona (1 hour and 40 minute ride approx.). A real pain in the neck if you plan on doing demo rides in the am and also a real hassle getting back to the hotel in the pm. Almost 4 hours of your day are spent going back and forth. Nooo Been there done that!!

Is there anything closer??

AdventurMdza screwed with this post 02-12-2006 at 11:31 PM
AdventurMdza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 06:06 AM   #11
KonradKTM
Yes! Let's go!
 
KonradKTM's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Norway
Oddometer: 223
Hi!

I'm a bit curious. I'm invited over from Norway to join some relatives for the bike week! Really looking forward to this! However I was wondering - Is it only a HD-thing or could I actually find some ADV stuff there as well?

And does anyone know of any good ADV stores in the area - I need some new riding gear and stuff for my KTM 950, and if I found while I’m there it would be great!?

Thanks,
__________________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Adv 05 - Black sold
SE 07

images from various trips: http://www.dropshots.com/konradktm
KonradKTM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 06:09 AM   #12
Magile
"What exit?"
 
Magile's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: Exit 163, NJ
Oddometer: 402
Any Adventure Riders riding the Dual Sport?

http://www.dixiedualsport.com/bikeweekenter.html
Magile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 08:37 AM   #13
Smith898
Dancin Man
 
Smith898's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Central City , Colorado
Oddometer: 279
I am going to try I am in Alaska now , and will be back in Fla on Wednesday. I hope to pic up this '04 KLR and want to make the ride down. I will be in Panama City for a couple of months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magile
__________________
1997 KLR 650

1975 Honda XL175 - Every one has to have a classic
Smith898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 08:39 AM   #14
Smith898
Dancin Man
 
Smith898's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Central City , Colorado
Oddometer: 279
Thats warm i am in Alaska and it was 42 yesterday. I felt like putting on a pair of shorts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kv
Stayed with Krautbikeman last year. He lives in South Daytona. Every year I swear I'm not going back but then we have days like tomorrow with a reported high of only 41 degrees.
__________________
1997 KLR 650

1975 Honda XL175 - Every one has to have a classic
Smith898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 02:54 PM   #15
kv
[none]
 
kv's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2002
Location: Canton, GA
Oddometer: 5,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonradKTM
Hi!

I'm a bit curious. I'm invited over from Norway to join some relatives for the bike week! Really looking forward to this! However I was wondering - Is it only a HD-thing or could I actually find some ADV stuff there as well?

And does anyone know of any good ADV stores in the area - I need some new riding gear and stuff for my KTM 950, and if I found while Im there it would be great!?

Thanks,
With over 300,000 people you'll find just about every brand of bike in grand numbers. As far as gear, there aren't any stores per say however; you should be able to find a good deal of items in the vendors area at the Speedway.
__________________


Save $5.00 on a subscription to Smugmug by entering SmYAucfONBnH2 in the 'Referred by' field on the signup form.
kv is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014