Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2012, 07:12 AM   #2416
mentalfloss
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 294
Where did you get it? Can I ask how much you paid? LOOKS GREAT in white!
You will love it more and more every time you ride it!
mentalfloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:14 AM   #2417
Toadride
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 826
Goodonya Soldierguy! Picking mine up today but it sure aint sunny here. Hate to get it dirty.
Old 06-23-2012, 07:20 AM   #2418
soldierguy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post
Where did you get it? Can I ask how much you paid? LOOKS GREAT in white!
You will love it more and more every time you ride it!
I got it in Texas. Yeah I'm in Colorado, but a place in Austin had what I wanted and were willing to work with me on timing of the pickup, holding it for me, accessories installation, etc. On price...I don't talk prices online. It always turns into a pissing contest, people claiming all sorts of numbers...I hate stuff like that. So I paid what I was comfortable paying. Considerably off MSRP, and I'll leave it at that.

Again...I'm out. need to go for a ride. cheers!

'13 Yamaha Super Tenere - my dream bike
SOLD: '13 Wee-Strom, hacked, re-geared, Ohlins suspension
My Wee-Strom Hack
soldierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 12:59 PM   #2419
Blakebird
r-u-n-n-o-f-t

Oddometer: 15,559
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldierguy View Post
One question: the throttle on mine feels like it has very little friction. Is there a way to increase the friction a bit?
Kaoko makes a throttle lock similar to the Throttlemeister, you can dial in a bit of drag. It can be had thru Twisted Throttle
IBA #11735 . 1968-present
Blakebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 01:11 PM   #2420
flying_hun
Moral Hazard

Oddometer: 302
FWIW, stopped in at Moto International while in Seattle last week, and sat on the NTX. I loved it. Neat bike. Nice folks there at Moto International.

TheFlyinghun Blog

EuroBARF 2014
flying_hun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 01:23 PM   #2421
mountainmeterman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 127
Yes, they have a very good reputation, and that little shop sells lots of bikes. I have stopped in a couple of times.
mountainmeterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 02:20 PM   #2422
soldierguy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakebird View Post
Kaoko makes a throttle lock similar to the Throttlemeister, you can dial in a bit of drag. It can be had thru Twisted Throttle
Great! Thanks. I'll look into that. Looks like you're just up the road from me. I'm at the south end of the Springs. Perhaps I'll see you running around here somewhere.

cheers,

'13 Yamaha Super Tenere - my dream bike
SOLD: '13 Wee-Strom, hacked, re-geared, Ohlins suspension
My Wee-Strom Hack
soldierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 06:22 PM   #2423
Blakebird
r-u-n-n-o-f-t

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldierguy View Post
Great! Thanks. I'll look into that. Looks like you're just up the road from me. I'm at the south end of the Springs. Perhaps I'll see you running around here somewhere.

cheers,
I tried to escape the heat with a ride up to Pine Jct & Deckers....but it's as hot up there as it is down here.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:58 PM   #2424
sfarson
On a Ride

Oddometer: 2,128
There aren't many of us toolin around CO on Stelvios. Only about seven or eight or so. But with the NTX we might hit double digits soon!

Beautiful bike soldierguy.
Old 06-23-2012, 11:19 PM   #2425
sfarson
On a Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post
I always said that I do not really care what the MPG is, I just want more range. The performance is so good and I have so much fun riding it that if it got 20 mpg I would still be having a great time.....just looking for a gas station ALL the time.

My 09 started getting better MPG at around 10k miles. I stay around 38 to 40 2 up or solo fast or slow. Real fast slab riding (REAL FAST) 36MPG.

My fuel light still comes on in the 120 - 130 mile range.
mental, the elevation certainly helps with the MPG here. Yesterday's 97 mile scoot at 8000 - 9000ft. took 2.0 gallons to replace for a 48.5 mpg. What's the tank capacity for the '09's? Something like 4.6 gal? The range here is routinely between 180 - 220 miles depending on if I'm "down" to a mile high/Denver, or up where I was (and live) yesterday. I can live with this, easily. Three years with the thing and I can't recall having regrets after riding for two - three+ hours that I had to pull over for fuel. I think my bladder is shrinking and my aging 36" lower limbs like that time to unfold.

But hey, you have more HP than I, and we got that glovebox! Woohoo!
Old 06-24-2012, 06:07 AM   #2426
mentalfloss
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 294
Sfarson I am like you I think it is a good idea to get off and stretch the old limbs and empty the old bladder every 90 to 120 miles anyway and the is my script for justification when I salivate for the 8.5 gal tank. I do a lot of long distance stuff and there are times that gas stations are not easy to find.

Another detail that seems petty is ethanol free gas. When I find it I like to have a Big tank full as opposed too my 09 small tank full. I get 3 mpg (at least) better with ethanol free gas.

And that glove box???? I think it will go down as one of the great inventions of all motorcycling. I use mine for my hankies for when I start sniveling about poor fuel range I can just reach into my secret compartment and wipe the tears away!
mentalfloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:55 PM   #2427
sfarson
On a Ride

mental... Unfortunately we have to pull over to reach for those hankies in the glove box! Or to turn on the heated grips! Ahhh, the Guzzi way. That's OK, it sure does charm. From yesterday's scoot at a favorite scoot stop...

Old 06-25-2012, 05:55 AM   #2428
oalvarez
Resident Raggamuffin

Oddometer: 2,432
Just enough browns, greens, blues and greys, and a perfect amount of Italian red......picture perfect, I can almost feel being there.
oalvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:36 AM   #2429
Blakebird
r-u-n-n-o-f-t

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfarson View Post
mental... Unfortunately we have to pull over to reach for those hankies in the glove box! Or to turn on the heated grips! Ahhh, the Guzzi way.
Guzzi has been mending their unorthodox ways... the heated grip controls have gone mainstream
Your glovebox switch has become our grip controller switch.

Steve...you've taken so many beautiful and exotic bike pictures from this spot I feel like I owe you royalties

Old 06-25-2012, 09:32 AM   #2430
sfarson
On a Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
Just enough browns, greens, blues and greys, and a perfect amount of Italian red......picture perfect, I can almost feel being there.
Obie.. You know, you could always paint that sweet Titanium MTS12 a lovely Italian red.

Naaaaaaa.

Blake, Any royalties would just be passed along to that Jefferson County 126 R&B engineer! You know, with all the "stuff" I experience with the '09... things like windscreen knob vibrating off while underway, fog light wiring snapping, tape on the turn signals mirrors (which I'm not changing!), the occasional treasure hunt to find 1st gear/neutral, the delightful tank paint ripple (no longer under warranty), decel flatulence (which no one seems to have a cure for), etc. and etc... the glove box in lieu of extra fuel, and having to pull over and stop to turn on/off the heated grips is a Guzzi grin under-the-helmet consistent part of the whole package. Kinda like the child with the sweet and charming, but challenging personality you wouldn't want any other way.

Ahhh, but except for these finicky fringe and foo-foo accoutrements, the thing is built like a tank and charges forth like one.