Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2012, 07:20 AM   #3451
James Adams
Misplaced

Oddometer: 8,800
More info here: MyTech Tool Case. The price of €90 doesn't seem unreasonable either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJLalas View Post
I like this solution for that void space:

Old 11-27-2012, 09:11 AM   #3452
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 1,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Adams View Post
More info here: MyTech Tool Case. The price of €90 doesn't seem unreasonable either.
Thanks James. I was just going to ask about that.

I've sent this link to the guys at Twisted Throttle to see if they are interested in importing it. That would save us the USA the VAT and reduce the shipping costs, provided they don't mark the price up too much. We'll see what they say.

-SM
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:46 AM   #3453
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin Rabbi View Post
You mean the 1200? I ask cause I know with my 1150 while at a light/sign or on the side/center stand, you see and feel the torque twist!.
It's true with the 1200 as well. Sitting at a light you want to be careful blipping the throttle as you may end up on your side. It's less noticeable than on the Guzzi, but it's there.

-SM
Old 11-27-2012, 10:56 AM   #3454
James Adams
Misplaced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
Thanks James. I was just going to ask about that.

I've sent this link to the guys at Twisted Throttle to see if they are interested in importing it. That would save us the USA the VAT and reduce the shipping costs, provided they don't mark the price up too much. We'll see what they say.

-SM
USA buyers don't have to pay VAT anyways.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:13 AM   #3455
Chuck in Indiana
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 301
Quote:
More info here: MyTech Tool Case. The price of 90 doesn't seem unreasonable either.
Another solution to consider with much more space/volume than that tool case -- I used a piece of 6" SDR plastic tubing (green colored, thin wall PVC tubing, normally used for drainage pipes) about 15" long with a simple cap glued on the forward end and a threaded, clean-out opening on the rear end. It fits exactly into the available space and is easily and firmly supported from the rear rack mounting. I ended up with a storage that is 5 3/4" I.D. and ~15" long.

I have pictures in my file but not in a URL, so I can not post them here. I posted them on WildGuzzi, it's a lot easier there. If interested, PM me with an e-mail address and I'll send them to you that way.
Chuck in Indiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:46 AM   #3456
WitchCityBallabio
Guzzi weirdo

Oddometer: 752
Quote:
More info here: MyTech Tool Case. The price of 90 doesn't seem unreasonable either.
That toolbox is the seeds!

Nice use of that space. I might have to pick one up. It'd be nice to get my compressor, plug kit and tools out of my side case.

Thanks for posting.

1966 Moto Guzzi Stornello
IBA # 35648
WitchCityBallabio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:58 PM   #3457
Ham
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 301
I am with you Sockmonkey. Just saunter up to the bike and step on the peg like you own it and mount up like the Lone Ranger. Much cooler than swinging a leg looking like you were about to take a piss.

But then again the Guzzi has a decent side stand, if I had done that on the Dakar half the time I would have landed on my back with the bike on top of me.
Ham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:18 PM   #3458
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Quote:
USA buyers don't have to pay VAT anyways.
Depends on the retailer. Some do the work for you and don't charge you if it's destined for the US, others just charge everyone VAT and you get to fill out the form(s) and send it in to get the $$ back. I've run into both types.

Anyway, moot point. Twisted Throttle doesn't plan to carry them, so it's direct from MyTech or not at all.

-SM
Old 11-27-2012, 04:48 PM   #3459
boxermoose
Now fully goosed

Oddometer: 2,834
Quote:
Depends on the retailer. Some do the work for you and don't charge you if it's destined for the US, others just charge everyone VAT and you get to fill out the form(s) and send it in to get the $$ back. I've run into both types.

Anyway, moot point. Twisted Throttle doesn't plan to carry them, so it's direct from MyTech or not at all.

-SM
See if Todd at Guzzitech will carry them
Old 11-27-2012, 06:20 PM   #3460
Demar39
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 260
Quote:

-SM
A month ago I ordered a pair of Vendramini boots from Italy. FedEx held them in Memphis until I gave them my import number or ssn. I gave them my ssn and received a few weeks later a bill for $56USD for import duty fee.

I'd like to get the 3YTech box but I don't want to pay an import fee.

Also, the lowest point of the 3yTech box looks to be only 3-4" above the top arm of the CARC. That doesn't seem to be enough clearance to me, but, they must know what they are doing, right?
Demar39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:27 PM   #3461
Demar39
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ham View Post
Just saunter up to the bike and step on the peg like you own it and mount up like the Lone Ranger.
I kind of limp over to the bike, step on the peg with my left foot, swing my right leg over and say in my best John Wayne voice..."Mount up pardner."
Old 11-27-2012, 06:29 PM   #3462
MotoG5
Adventurer

Oddometer: 92
First TB Balance and TPS Reset

Well, the first service on the NTX is about done. Oil changed and most checks done. Now to do the TB and TPS. After doing some reading on Guzzitech I have orded the Centurion S unit. Most likely will need some input to get things sorted out when it gets here. If anyone has used this tool and has tips or advice on setup or operaton I would appreciate hearing from them.
Thanks
MotoG5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:00 PM   #3463
James Adams
Misplaced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demar39 View Post
A month ago I ordered a pair of Vendramini boots from Italy. FedEx held them in Memphis until I gave them my import number or ssn. I gave them my ssn and received a few weeks later a bill for $56USD for import duty fee.

I'd like to get the 3YTech box but I don't want to pay an import fee.
Use the postal service instead. The import fee you paid was very likely just a FedEx fee, not a US import duty. FedEx and UPS are pretty well known for their relatively steep import brokerage fees.

If we can get at least a half dozen committed buyers, I'll bring over some of those MyTech tool boxes and we'll save on shipping.

Note that they make them for a bunch of different bikes, too.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:09 PM   #3464
Demar39
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Use the postal service instead. The import fee you paid was very likely just a FedEx fee, not a US import duty. FedEx and UPS are pretty well known for their relatively steep import brokerage fees.

If we can get at least a half dozen committed buyers, I'll bring over some of those MyTech tool boxes and we'll save on shipping.

Note that they make them for a bunch of different bikes, too.
Thanks for the info James.

Are you concerned about the bottom of the 3yTech box being too close to the CARC arm?
Old 11-27-2012, 09:11 PM   #3465
RRVT
Wild and Crazy Guy

Oddometer: 232
I think that bike is calling my name...

RRVT is offline   Reply With Quote