Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 02:10 PM   #3676
RRVT
Wild and Crazy Guy

Oddometer: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demar39 View Post
A beautiful day yesterday on the California coast 30 miles north of Santa Cruz.
It will be -11 here tonight so this is not something I wanna see right now. Nevertheless, the bike is beautiful...
RRVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:14 PM   #3677
RRVT
Wild and Crazy Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
Yes.

http://www.motoguzzi-us.com/motorcyc...-1200-ntx.html

But, we're talking MG here, so 3 months from now they may get a great deal on white paint and viola......

-SM
Good to know. I saw that website but it hasn't changed in ages so I thought it still might be left there from 2012. Even now they don't indicate that it's 2013. I have my heart set on the orange so I wanna make sure to get it while still available.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:44 PM   #3678
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 1,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtymartini View Post
Damn you Californians! We have a foot of snow on the ground

Why be mad at us? We didn't put the snow there.....

We keep our snow where it belongs.....up in the mountains! We know it's there, and we can go see it if we want to, but we don't have to live in the stuff!

Happy New Year all!

-SM

Sock Monkey screwed with this post 01-04-2013 at 09:11 AM
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:50 PM   #3679
stevie88
That's gotta hurt

Oddometer: 16,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demar39 View Post
A beautiful day yesterday on the California coast 30 miles north of Santa Cruz.
Beautiful photo. The only thing that'd make it better is if that were an orange Stelvio with my but parked on it.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:05 PM   #3680
Demar39
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie88 View Post
Beautiful photo. The only thing that'd make it better is if that were an orange Stelvio with my but parked on it.
If you get out here let me know and we can take a pic of you at the same spot. Beer will be on me.
Demar39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:10 AM   #3681
RRVT
Wild and Crazy Guy

Good deal on NTX

I searched Craigslist yesterday and noticed that GP Motorcycles in San Diego is selling one for $14,990 with heated grips included. This is first time I've seen a discount on this bike, although the listing doesn't specify explicitely that it's a new bike but I would assume so.

I didn't want to post a link that will stop working soon. If you wanna see the bike, go to http://sandiego.craigslist.org and search for Stelvio.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:00 AM   #3682
James Adams
Not a Texan

Oddometer: 7,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRVT View Post
I searched Craigslist yesterday and noticed that GP Motorcycles in San Diego is selling one for $14,990 with heated grips included. This is first time I've seen a discount on this bike, although the listing doesn't specify explicitely that it's a new bike but I would assume so.

I didn't want to post a link that will stop working soon. If you wanna see the bike, go to http://sandiego.craigslist.org and search for Stelvio.
Dash photo makes it look like single or double digits on the odometer. Maybe a demo? Either way, great price for a great bike.

FWIW, heated grips are about $115 now instead of the $400 previous price (and the price that the dealer mentions).
James Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:01 AM   #3683
kirb
should be out riding

Oddometer: 1,525
Quote:

Here is a good question...what should be the price of a 2012 NTX now that the 2013 are out? The MSRP and the bikes are the same, but the owner takes a year hit on value (resale/insurance). I would think the price isn't so much discounted, but in line with a year old model.

Thoughts?
Old 01-04-2013, 09:21 AM   #3684
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirb View Post
Here is a good question...what should be the price of a 2012 NTX now that the 2013 are out? The MSRP and the bikes are the same, but the owner takes a year hit on value (resale/insurance). I would think the price isn't so much discounted, but in line with a year old model.

Thoughts?
Indeed a good question. A few years ago, a used Guzzi would sell for 50% of new (or nearly) because you could buy a new 1-2 year old model still in the crate collecting dust in the PGA warehouse for 30-40% off MSRP. I did exactly that with my '08 Norge, bought new in '09 for 30% below MSRP. It appears that MG and/or PGA figured out that it's a better idea to limit importation and keep new (and therefore used) prices high, so today someone selling a used Stelvio NTX (first imported to the US in '12) won't take a beating on it because while '13s are out, they are in short supply. Plus, now that the word is getting out that 1) Guzzi got this bike right....top quality straight out of the crate and 2) you won't take a beating selling used if it's not your cuppa, I think this trend of demand exceeding supply will continue, and continue to work in the favor of the seller (both new and used). There's my 2 bananas on the subject.....

-SM
Old 01-04-2013, 10:39 AM   #3685
kirb
should be out riding

Oddometer: 1,525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
Indeed a good question..... There's my 2 bananas on the subject.....
-SM
I was able to take advantage of the low resale when I picked up my Griso. I took about a $1.1k hit from the ins company when my NTX was totalled. That number didn't bother me since I was able to put on 5200 miles in the 2 months I owned the bike and I paid MSRP.

Buying another 2012 this spring, nearly a year later, I wouldn't expect to pay MSRP. The $14,990 seems more in line. My dealer had another NTX on the floor that is still there. I doubt they would let me order a 2013 as long as the 2012 was in stock, but I would expect paying less than MSRP as everyone else looks at it as a year old bike.

My dealer can't seem to get euro turn signals...who is the best place to order that stuff from? Now that things are healed up I am looking forward to tweaking another NTX.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:06 AM   #3686
Blakebird
r-u-n-n-o-f-t

Oddometer: 14,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Adams View Post
Dash photo makes it look like single or double digits on the odometer.
you're kidding, right?
I've got a new high res 27" monitor and it's still a fuzzy picture. Probably had a few demo miles put on

those tires look new - I'm guessing that's a new bike and since it just became a year older... they're dropping the price.
IBA #11735 . 1968-present
Blakebird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:26 AM   #3687
RRVT
Wild and Crazy Guy

Quote:

Thoughts?
I think $500 to $1,000 discount for a previous year model is fair. I still laugh when a local dealer was trying to sell a two year old model for the MRSP price, telling my friend that it's still the same bike it was two years ago because it's new. My friend's reply was - the moment I drive the bike out of here, it becomes a two year old used bike.

Speaking of old inventory, did you see the dicounts on 2009 Stelvios at Moto International? http://www.motointernational.com/HDB_7_05.htm Great deal if you are not set on the NTX. They certainly don't seem to hold the value like BMWs, but that may be changing soon.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:47 PM   #3688
Demar39
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 192
Quote:
I My dealer can't seem to get euro turn signals...who is the best place to order that stuff from? Now that things are healed up I am looking forward to tweaking another NTX.
I ordered my Euro turn signals and mirrors from RPM Cycle in Texas. I have not installed mine yet. Lindsay, the parts manager is very helpful. Others have ordered from MPH Cycles also in Texas. I thought it funny that they are RPM and MPH cycles.... maybe brothers or something like that.

This is what I was told when I asked RPM about the "kit" ...

"They don't make a kit but they do sell the bikes that way overseas so I can get the stock turn signals and mirrors that come on that version. I don't have them here but I can order them. For both mirrors and turn signals it would be $123.04. I would need 1/2 the money down to special order them. Just let me know if thats what you want to do. Thanks!

Lindsay Carpenter
Parts manager
RPM Cycle
972-620-3883 Store
972-620-3918 Fax
www.rpmcycletx.com "
Demar39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:16 PM   #3689
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Quote:
I was able to take advantage of the low resale when I picked up my Griso. I took about a $1.1k hit from the ins company when my NTX was totalled. That number didn't bother me since I was able to put on 5200 miles in the 2 months I owned the bike and I paid MSRP.

Buying another 2012 this spring, nearly a year later, I wouldn't expect to pay MSRP. The $14,990 seems more in line. My dealer had another NTX on the floor that is still there. I doubt they would let me order a 2013 as long as the 2012 was in stock, but I would expect paying less than MSRP as everyone else looks at it as a year old bike.

My dealer can't seem to get euro turn signals...who is the best place to order that stuff from? Now that things are healed up I am looking forward to tweaking another NTX.
Yep, $1k off on a '12 seems in line with what other brands do to clear out the last of the older inventory. I wouldn't expect the old deal of 30% off though.

Re. turn signals and mirrors, MPH in Houston is where I got mine. Todd will set you up. He's sold bunches of them. The mirrors are slightly smaller than the stockers but have the advantage of not vibrating so you can actually see what's behind you.

-SM
Old 01-04-2013, 02:20 PM   #3690
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Quote:
Speaking of old inventory, did you see the dicounts on 2009 Stelvios at Moto International? http://www.motointernational.com/HDB_7_05.htm Great deal if you are not set on the NTX. They certainly don't seem to hold the value like BMWs, but that may be changing soon.
That's exactly what I was talking about in my post above, and I think that's what MG/PGA is trying to change by limiting imports to what dealers have deposits for vs. just shipping containers full of bikes over here and hoping for the best. Time will tell.....

-SM