Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 09:06 AM   #4411
Cloudhopper
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
So after a long time of loving Guzzis and now over a year of reading here, guzzitech and other guzzi related forums, yesterday was "my day".

I'd hereby like to officially check into this thread with my Diva. Here she is at the dealers yard before a nice 150 mile ride home.
Cloudhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:51 AM   #4412
stevie88
That's gotta hurt

Oddometer: 17,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudhopper View Post
So after a long time of loving Guzzis and now over a year of reading here, guzzitech and other guzzi related forums, yesterday was "my day".

I'd hereby like to officially check into this thread with my Diva. Here she is at the dealers yard before a nice 150 mile ride home.
Brrrrrr! It looks cold there.

Congrats on the new bike.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:56 AM   #4413
Cloudhopper
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie88 View Post
Brrrrrr! It looks cold there.

Congrats on the new bike.
Reported 2C and feels-like temperatur of -7C Thats before getting on the bike...
(Thats 36F and 20F respectively for you Fahrenheit guys).
Nothing a big mug of hot chocolate (or two) didn't fix. And the missus allowed my cold feet under her blanket for a change, so all was well in the end :)
Cloudhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:24 AM   #4414
WitchCityBallabio
Guzzi weirdo

Oddometer: 720
Congrats! You're gonna love it.
1966 Moto Guzzi Stornello
IBA # 35648
WitchCityBallabio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:38 PM   #4415
Demar39
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 228
Quote:
Reported 2C and feels-like temperatur of -7C Thats before getting on the bike...
(Thats 36F and 20F respectively for you Fahrenheit guys).
Nothing a big mug of hot chocolate (or two) didn't fix. And the missus allowed my cold feet under her blanket for a change, so all was well in the end :)
Congrats on the new bike!
Old 03-26-2013, 06:11 PM   #4416
GT-Rx
Guzzi freak

Oddometer: 54
Quote:
So after a long time of loving Guzzis and now over a year of reading here, guzzitech and other guzzi related forums, yesterday was "my day." I'd hereby like to officially check into this thread with my Diva. Here she is at the dealers yard before a nice 150 mile ride home.
That is one clean '09, CONGRATS! Love mine.
Hope to see you check in on GuzziTech as well.
GT-Rx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:43 AM   #4417
Ham
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 261
So I had reset my wrench service reminder when I was at home. I changed out the fluids about 50 miles before the wrench came on due to timing. Thus when I got down here to Phoenix the wrench came on on the first ride, no service light, and of course it had been just long enough for me to forget how to do that. Looked it up on here and did what I thought was correct and it didn't go away. So yesterday while on another errand I happened by the Guzzi dealership down here and went in to ask them if I was doing it right. Well first off, "Kyle" the Guzzi guy, wasn't there according to the others. So I asked if I could ask the mechanic and got the "we don't advise on bikes we don't wrench on" cold shoulder. Considering how huge this city is it just seems to me Guzzi would make a better effort at a dealership. They do have a few V7s and one '09 stelvio. I guess I was just a little dissapointed in the lack of brotherhood. It just amazes me how dealeships don't realize how the internet works these days. Meanwhile I figure out the wrench....just thought I would pass this along. It would be nice to develop a list of truly helpful Guzzi dealers.
Ham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:49 AM   #4418
Ham
Gnarly Adventurer

Meanwhile on a more positive note we made the ride to the summit of South Moutain Park summit. Quite a view of there and a whole raft of twisty turny stuff. Much enjoyed.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:53 AM   #4419
Ham
Gnarly Adventurer

I also wanted to mention after we had been at the summit for about 15 minutes about 20 harleys in a group rode in and parked. Two guesses as to where they gathered round and I held a small clinic on the finer details of Guzzis. Two of the guys said they were from Washington and had read about my posts on Empire Cycle and were going there to order a new Stelvio when they got home.

So take note dealerships. How you treat ALL customers of your brands can help you or bite you on the ass.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:21 AM   #4420
Dubl-A
MADE IN BURQUE

Oddometer: 1,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ham View Post
Meanwhile on a more positive note we made the ride to the summit of South Moutain Park summit. Quite a view of there and a whole raft of twisty turny stuff. Much enjoyed.

Brings back memories! I bet that was fun on a bike
Old 03-27-2013, 12:34 PM   #4421
Precis
Maladroit malcontent

Oddometer: 3,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ham View Post
So I had reset my wrench service reminder when I was at home. I changed out the fluids about 50 miles before the wrench came on due to timing. Thus when I got down here to Phoenix the wrench came on on the first ride, no service light, and of course it had been just long enough for me to forget how to do that. Looked it up on here and did what I thought was correct and it didn't go away. So yesterday while on another errand I happened by the Guzzi dealership down here and went in to ask them if I was doing it right. Well first off, "Kyle" the Guzzi guy, wasn't there according to the others. So I asked if I could ask the mechanic and got the "we don't advise on bikes we don't wrench on" cold shoulder. Considering how huge this city is it just seems to me Guzzi would make a better effort at a dealership. They do have a few V7s and one '09 stelvio. I guess I was just a little dissapointed in the lack of brotherhood. It just amazes me how dealeships don't realize how the internet works these days. Meanwhile I figure out the wrench....just thought I would pass this along. It would be nice to develop a list of truly helpful Guzzi dealers.

How huge which city is?
A list of truly helpful Guzzi Dealers:
1. Moto International, Seattle
2. AF1 Racing, Texas
3.?

I'm sure there are some others... but the fact that I know those two - and I'm in Australia and have never been to either Seattle or Texas, tells you how universal this problem is - and illustrates what you say about the power of the internet! Interestingly, GuzziTech and AF1 have embraced the internet much more than MI have - though that seems to be changing.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:46 PM   #4422
Demar39
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Precis View Post
How huge which city is?
1. Moto International, Seattle
2. AF1 Racing, Texas
3.?

I'm sure there are some others... but the fact that I know those two - and I'm in Australia and have never been to either Seattle or Texas, tells you how universal this problem is - and illustrates what you say about the power of the internet! Interestingly, GuzziTech and AF1 have embraced the internet much more than MI have - though that seems to be changing.
I have had great service ordering parts from www.rpmcycletx.com in Texas, delivery to me in CA.

Monroe Motors in San Francisco is a good shop and has a Guzzi trained tech that has done the 1st service on my NTX http://www.munroemotors.com/

I've visited Elk Grove Power Sports (CA) twice and they seem very capable, but I've not had any service performed there. I think SockMonkey goes there. They have a good selection of Guzzi's on the floor. http://www.egpowersports.com/default.asp
Old 03-27-2013, 12:56 PM   #4423
James Adams
Not a Texan

Oddometer: 7,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by Precis View Post
Erico Motorsports in Denver (where I bought my Stelvio) is good about getting me parts for it and my RXV, but they're more of a Triumph/Ducati/Aprilia/Vespa shop and just happen to carry Guzzi, too. I wouldn't rate them as a truly helpful Guzzi dealer.
James Adams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:59 PM   #4424
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 1,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demar39 View Post
I've visited Elk Grove Power Sports (CA) twice and they seem very capable, but I've not had any service performed there. I think SockMonkey goes there. They have a good selection of Guzzi's on the floor. http://www.egpowersports.com/default.asp
You're correct, that's where I got my NTX and have had it serviced. To my knowledge, they have the only Guzzi Master Tech (Larry Larson) in the Bay Area, and as you pointed out, they do actually have bikes on their sales floor (unlike some other shops I won't mention....again.....).

Add my votes for MI (Seattle) and MPH (Texas). I've ordered parts from both for my Norge and they are very knowledgeable about Guzzi's and typically stock the standard wear items (filters, gaskets, plugs, etc).

-SM
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:14 PM   #4425
Forseti
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,174
http://www.corsameccanica.com/

Great shop and George, the owner is huge on Guzzi and has a good tech out back. Small shop and willing to go out of their way.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods.
Politics is a pendulum whose swings between anarchy and tyranny are fueled by perpetually rejuvenated illusions.
Albert Einstein
Forseti is offline   Reply With Quote