ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-26-2013, 09:06 AM   #4411
Cloudhopper
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Dublin
Oddometer: 68
So after a long time of loving Guzzis and now over a year of reading here, guzzitech and other guzzi related forums, yesterday was "my day".

I'd hereby like to officially check into this thread with my Diva. Here she is at the dealers yard before a nice 150 mile ride home.
Cloudhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:51 AM   #4412
stevie88
That's gotta hurt
 
stevie88's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: The place dad always warned me about
Oddometer: 17,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudhopper View Post
So after a long time of loving Guzzis and now over a year of reading here, guzzitech and other guzzi related forums, yesterday was "my day".

I'd hereby like to officially check into this thread with my Diva. Here she is at the dealers yard before a nice 150 mile ride home.
Brrrrrr! It looks cold there.

Congrats on the new bike.
__________________
In Russia we have saying, "if it isn't broke, don't fix it". We also say, "if it is broke, don't fix it".
stevie88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:56 AM   #4413
Cloudhopper
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Dublin
Oddometer: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie88 View Post
Brrrrrr! It looks cold there.

Congrats on the new bike.
Reported 2C and feels-like temperatur of -7C Thats before getting on the bike...
(Thats 36F and 20F respectively for you Fahrenheit guys).
Nothing a big mug of hot chocolate (or two) didn't fix. And the missus allowed my cold feet under her blanket for a change, so all was well in the end :)
__________________
Bikes:
Moto Guzzi Stelvio
BMW F650GS
Cloudhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:24 AM   #4414
WitchCityBallabio
Guzzi weirdo
 
WitchCityBallabio's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Salem, Massachusetts
Oddometer: 720
Congrats! You're gonna love it.
__________________
2011 Moto Guzzi Griso SE, 2009 Moto Guzzi Stelvio
2004 Moto Guzzi V11 Sport Ballabio, 1979 Moto Guzzi V1000 Roadster Cafe
1970 Moto Guzzi Ambassador
1966 Moto Guzzi Stornello
IBA # 35648
WitchCityBallabio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:38 PM   #4415
Demar39
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Demar39's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: San Mateo, CA
Oddometer: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudhopper View Post
Reported 2C and feels-like temperatur of -7C Thats before getting on the bike...
(Thats 36F and 20F respectively for you Fahrenheit guys).
Nothing a big mug of hot chocolate (or two) didn't fix. And the missus allowed my cold feet under her blanket for a change, so all was well in the end :)
Congrats on the new bike!
__________________
La Dolce Vita 15 is my limit on schnitzengruben.
Demar39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:11 PM   #4416
GT-Rx
Guzzi freak
 
GT-Rx's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: SoCal
Oddometer: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudhopper View Post
So after a long time of loving Guzzis and now over a year of reading here, guzzitech and other guzzi related forums, yesterday was "my day." I'd hereby like to officially check into this thread with my Diva. Here she is at the dealers yard before a nice 150 mile ride home.
That is one clean '09, CONGRATS! Love mine.
Hope to see you check in on GuzziTech as well.
__________________
Todd at GuzziTech.com - GT-Rx.com
Fan of Carlo Guzzi's work? Ride it/Wrench it; GuzziTech.com Forum
Come ride with us; RentAGuzzi.com
GT-Rx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:43 AM   #4417
Ham
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Oddometer: 261
So I had reset my wrench service reminder when I was at home. I changed out the fluids about 50 miles before the wrench came on due to timing. Thus when I got down here to Phoenix the wrench came on on the first ride, no service light, and of course it had been just long enough for me to forget how to do that. Looked it up on here and did what I thought was correct and it didn't go away. So yesterday while on another errand I happened by the Guzzi dealership down here and went in to ask them if I was doing it right. Well first off, "Kyle" the Guzzi guy, wasn't there according to the others. So I asked if I could ask the mechanic and got the "we don't advise on bikes we don't wrench on" cold shoulder. Considering how huge this city is it just seems to me Guzzi would make a better effort at a dealership. They do have a few V7s and one '09 stelvio. I guess I was just a little dissapointed in the lack of brotherhood. It just amazes me how dealeships don't realize how the internet works these days. Meanwhile I figure out the wrench....just thought I would pass this along. It would be nice to develop a list of truly helpful Guzzi dealers.
Ham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:49 AM   #4418
Ham
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Oddometer: 261
Meanwhile on a more positive note we made the ride to the summit of South Moutain Park summit. Quite a view of there and a whole raft of twisty turny stuff. Much enjoyed.

Ham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:53 AM   #4419
Ham
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Oddometer: 261
I also wanted to mention after we had been at the summit for about 15 minutes about 20 harleys in a group rode in and parked. Two guesses as to where they gathered round and I held a small clinic on the finer details of Guzzis. Two of the guys said they were from Washington and had read about my posts on Empire Cycle and were going there to order a new Stelvio when they got home.

So take note dealerships. How you treat ALL customers of your brands can help you or bite you on the ass.
Ham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:21 AM   #4420
Dubl-A
MADE IN BURQUE
 
Dubl-A's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: 505
Oddometer: 1,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ham View Post
Meanwhile on a more positive note we made the ride to the summit of South Moutain Park summit. Quite a view of there and a whole raft of twisty turny stuff. Much enjoyed.

Brings back memories! I bet that was fun on a bike
__________________
Life is short, talk is cheap...so fu%^ what people say
Dubl-A is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:34 PM   #4421
Precis
Maladroit malcontent
 
Precis's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Lumpy part of Victoria
Oddometer: 3,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ham View Post
So I had reset my wrench service reminder when I was at home. I changed out the fluids about 50 miles before the wrench came on due to timing. Thus when I got down here to Phoenix the wrench came on on the first ride, no service light, and of course it had been just long enough for me to forget how to do that. Looked it up on here and did what I thought was correct and it didn't go away. So yesterday while on another errand I happened by the Guzzi dealership down here and went in to ask them if I was doing it right. Well first off, "Kyle" the Guzzi guy, wasn't there according to the others. So I asked if I could ask the mechanic and got the "we don't advise on bikes we don't wrench on" cold shoulder. Considering how huge this city is it just seems to me Guzzi would make a better effort at a dealership. They do have a few V7s and one '09 stelvio. I guess I was just a little dissapointed in the lack of brotherhood. It just amazes me how dealeships don't realize how the internet works these days. Meanwhile I figure out the wrench....just thought I would pass this along. It would be nice to develop a list of truly helpful Guzzi dealers.

How huge which city is?
A list of truly helpful Guzzi Dealers:
1. Moto International, Seattle
2. AF1 Racing, Texas
3.?

I'm sure there are some others... but the fact that I know those two - and I'm in Australia and have never been to either Seattle or Texas, tells you how universal this problem is - and illustrates what you say about the power of the internet! Interestingly, GuzziTech and AF1 have embraced the internet much more than MI have - though that seems to be changing.
__________________
"I would like to die on Mars; just not on impact." Elon Musk
Precis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:46 PM   #4422
Demar39
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Demar39's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: San Mateo, CA
Oddometer: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Precis View Post
How huge which city is?
A list of truly helpful Guzzi Dealers:
1. Moto International, Seattle
2. AF1 Racing, Texas
3.?

I'm sure there are some others... but the fact that I know those two - and I'm in Australia and have never been to either Seattle or Texas, tells you how universal this problem is - and illustrates what you say about the power of the internet! Interestingly, GuzziTech and AF1 have embraced the internet much more than MI have - though that seems to be changing.
I have had great service ordering parts from www.rpmcycletx.com in Texas, delivery to me in CA.

Monroe Motors in San Francisco is a good shop and has a Guzzi trained tech that has done the 1st service on my NTX http://www.munroemotors.com/

I've visited Elk Grove Power Sports (CA) twice and they seem very capable, but I've not had any service performed there. I think SockMonkey goes there. They have a good selection of Guzzi's on the floor. http://www.egpowersports.com/default.asp
__________________
La Dolce Vita 15 is my limit on schnitzengruben.
Demar39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:56 PM   #4423
James Adams
Not a Texan
 
James Adams's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Texas
Oddometer: 7,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by Precis View Post
A list of truly helpful Guzzi Dealers:
Erico Motorsports in Denver (where I bought my Stelvio) is good about getting me parts for it and my RXV, but they're more of a Triumph/Ducati/Aprilia/Vespa shop and just happen to carry Guzzi, too. I wouldn't rate them as a truly helpful Guzzi dealer.
James Adams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:59 PM   #4424
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave
 
Sock Monkey's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: SF Bay Area, CA, USA, Earth
Oddometer: 1,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demar39 View Post
I've visited Elk Grove Power Sports (CA) twice and they seem very capable, but I've not had any service performed there. I think SockMonkey goes there. They have a good selection of Guzzi's on the floor. http://www.egpowersports.com/default.asp
You're correct, that's where I got my NTX and have had it serviced. To my knowledge, they have the only Guzzi Master Tech (Larry Larson) in the Bay Area, and as you pointed out, they do actually have bikes on their sales floor (unlike some other shops I won't mention....again.....).

Add my votes for MI (Seattle) and MPH (Texas). I've ordered parts from both for my Norge and they are very knowledgeable about Guzzi's and typically stock the standard wear items (filters, gaskets, plugs, etc).

-SM
__________________
aka NoVector
Current: 2012 Moto Guzzi Stelvio NTX, 2008 Yamaha WR250R
Gone: Ducati Multistrada, Moto Guzzi Norge, BMW R1200GS, BMW F650 GS Dakar, KTM 520 EXC, Suzuki DRZ400E, and the list goes on.......
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:14 PM   #4425
Forseti
Beastly Adventurer
 
Forseti's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Rogues' Hollow Ontario
Oddometer: 1,174
http://www.corsameccanica.com/

Great shop and George, the owner is huge on Guzzi and has a good tech out back. Small shop and willing to go out of their way.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
__________________

Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods.
Politics is a pendulum whose swings between anarchy and tyranny are fueled by perpetually rejuvenated illusions.
Albert Einstein
Forseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014