Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2013, 03:27 PM   #4426
Mike1230
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie88 View Post
Jimbo, you liking that wind screen much better than the stocker?
I highly recommend the CalSci windscreen. I have a medium height on my 2013 Stelvio NTX. The difference, besides the height, is the opening above the dash to relieve turbulence.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:21 PM   #4427
GerryL
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 123
Demo ride today...

So today I took a '12 orange NTX demo for a 2+ hour ride. The thing that surprised me the most was how it carried its weight; every time I looked down at it I thought "Wow, this is a pretty big bike", but when driving it, it felt so light and responsive. My only negative was some buffeting at high speed, but it sounds like calsci can remedy that.

So I guess I pick it up Saturday!
GerryL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:22 PM   #4428
GerryL
Gnarly Adventurer

Mike, what's your height/inseam? I'm trying to figure which CalSci to go with. I'm 5'10", 32" inseam. I'm assuming medium should work, but I will chat with them too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1230 View Post
I highly recommend the CalSci windscreen. I have a medium height on my 2013 Stelvio NTX. The difference, besides the height, is the opening above the dash to relieve turbulence.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:47 PM   #4429
WitchCityBallabio
Guzzi weirdo

Oddometer: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by GerryL View Post
So today I took a '12 orange NTX demo for a 2+ hour ride. The thing that surprised me the most was how it carried its weight; every time I looked down at it I thought "Wow, this is a pretty big bike", but when driving it, it felt so light and responsive. My only negative was some buffeting at high speed, but it sounds like calsci can remedy that.

So I guess I pick it up Saturday!
Congrats!

There's a fairly large and active Guzzi group in Mass and CT. The annual Mass rally (this year in Russel) is not something to be missed.

:)
1966 Moto Guzzi Stornello
IBA # 35648
WitchCityBallabio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:39 PM   #4430
kirb
should be out riding

Oddometer: 1,525
Time for the 7 sticker removal with a steamer and some goo-gone.

Old 03-27-2013, 07:09 PM   #4431
stevie88
That's gotta hurt

Oddometer: 16,737
Quote:
I'm 6'2" with. 34" inseam, I ride with the seat in the upper position for reference. I tried the CalSci for a while but went back to the stock screen. I couldn't tell any noticeable difference in the noise and even though it was the shorter of the 3 screens they offer, it was just too tall for my taste. I prefer to have my melon fully above the top of the screen.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:52 PM   #4432
Mike1230
n00b

Gerry, I got the medium height screen 5"+ from Mark at CalSci. I'm 6'-0", 32" inseam so I sit kinda tall in the saddle. I just finished a 2200 mile ride and can't say enough how great it was not to have the wind beating that I get from the stock screen on the open road.

Stevie, when it's hot, I like nothing more than to have my noggin in the wind. I'll probably put the stock screen back on by May if not sooner.
Speaking of wind. Man, it sure was windy in west TX and NM this last weekend. I hope everyone didn't blow away up there.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:02 PM   #4433
Blakebird
r-u-n-n-o-f-t

Oddometer: 14,375
Quote:
I'm 6'2" with. 34" inseam, I ride with the seat in the upper position for reference. I tried the CalSci for a while but went back to the stock screen.

I'm 6'-1" with 34" inseam, also rode with the seat in high position - and the sweet spot for me with the stock screen was about halfway up.
I never had enough of a complaint about it to consider an aftermarket shield.
IBA #11735 . 1968-present
Blakebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:17 PM   #4434
stevie88
That's gotta hurt

Oddometer: 16,737
Quote:
Gerry, I got the medium height screen 5"+ from Mark at CalSci. I'm 6'-0", 32" inseam so I sit kinda tall in the saddle. I just finished a 2200 mile ride and can't say enough how great it was not to have the wind beating that I get from the stock screen on the open road.

Stevie, when it's hot, I like nothing more than to have my noggin in the wind. I'll probably put the stock screen back on by May if not sooner.
Speaking of wind. Man, it sure was windy in west TX and NM this last weekend. I hope everyone didn't blow away up there.
Saturday was fother mucker for sure. It blew a loaded semi truck over, as well as a few center pivot sprinklers.

Do you look through the windscreen or over it?
Old 03-27-2013, 08:49 PM   #4435
Mike1230
n00b

Quote:
Saturday was fother mucker for sure. It blew a loaded semi truck over, as well as a few center pivot sprinklers.

Do you look through the windscreen or over it?
No, I don't look through the windscreen. I keep it in the lowest position and I don't feel like it's in the way. If I raised it to the highest position I'm still looking over it but only by an inch or so.

My hand made GPS mounting bar:

http://forum.guzzitech.com/forum/190/10257.html
Old 03-27-2013, 11:26 PM   #4436
GerryL
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakebird View Post

I'm 6'-1" with 34" inseam, also rode with the seat in high position - and the sweet spot for me with the stock screen was about halfway up.
I never had enough of a complaint about it to consider an aftermarket shield.
Hmmm, that's a good point. I didn't play with the height setting on my demo ride. I just noticed it was all the way up. I'll have to run it through it's adjustment range to see if I can find a sweet spot.
Old 03-28-2013, 03:53 AM   #4437
Cloudhopper
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
I have one quick question:

How do I change the speedometer from MPH to KPH? I've been through the menu, but to no avail. Am I missing something?

Thanks!
Cloudhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:57 AM   #4438
vivo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 93
This a bit out of context butt...

I've heard some say the Lava Black paint on the NTX is just primer but that's not at all true. It's a surprising flat finish that actually has green and gold metallic particles that show in direct sunlight. I bought the Lava after not being able to decide between that and the burnt orange which looks so pretty in photos but I've yet to see in the flesh...

The matt finish sure hides dirt too...

Vivo
vivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:01 AM   #4439
llamapacker
Mr. Conservative

Oddometer: 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudhopper View Post
I have one quick question:

How do I change the speedometer from MPH to KPH? I've been through the menu, but to no avail. Am I missing something?

Thanks!
I'll take a stab, but keep in mind I don't own a Stelvio or any MG, just searched the MG forum and found this. I'm sure someone will be along with the correct response.

quote from MG forum search, by Zoom Zoom:
"To get to the menu, I have to hold the rocker switch to the left for a longer period of time. Once I get to where I can see the battery voltage, chrono, and such, I then tab the switch to the right until I see "menu". Press the switch straight in then tab down to the item you want to adjust. The shift indicator setting is in there as well. You cannot get to the menu while moving. "

llamapacker screwed with this post 03-28-2013 at 06:07 AM
llamapacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:11 AM   #4440
Cloudhopper
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by llamapacker View Post
I'll take a stab, but keep in mind I don't own a Stelvio or any MG, just searched the MG forum and found this. I'm sure someone will be along with the correct response.

quote from MG forum search, by Zoom Zoom:
"To get to the menu, I have to hold the rocker switch to the left for a longer period of time. Once I get to where I can see the battery voltage, chrono, and such, I then tab the switch to the right until I see "menu". Press the switch straight in then tab down to the item you want to adjust. The shift indicator setting is in there as well. You cannot get to the menu while moving. "
I can get into the menu alright, but i cant find the setting for the speedometer.
Cloudhopper is offline   Reply With Quote