ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2006, 09:34 AM   #16
Jack Schitt
Damn Yankee

Oddometer: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVILONE
Hu guys,I just found this sight a short time ago,and I love it!I have a few questions,does anyone here do any Adventure Riding in N.C?I see lots of stuff here about lots of places ,except NC.I just bought a DR650 and I love it but I cant find anywhere to ride...Please help.Thanks in advance!

I live in Conover, NC. New to the area but find ing some awesome rides.....I'm interested in a gathering/rally over in Hot Springs come this May. Check out Jo Mamma for details from others.....
Old 01-10-2006, 09:36 AM   #17
dlrides
1:1.618

Oddometer: 5,327
Jack, I'm in Newton, PM me.

Don C
dlrides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 11:24 AM   #18
EVILONE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,315
Jack and Don C.,we should try and get togather sometime soon,Im busy this weekend,but free after that.Keep me posted if you wanna get togather!
EVILONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 12:09 PM   #19
dlrides
1:1.618

Oddometer: 5,327
Approximately 16 - 18 advriders in our area.
dlrides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 01:14 PM   #20
Stobie
Mr. Motivated

Oddometer: 1,862

I'm near Stanley (northern Gaston Co.), less than an hour from you. I never ride tho, just ask Steverino.

Or at least, when I ride, I try to make sure Steverino doesn't know where I'm going.

Problems cannot be solved at the same level of awareness that created them.

-Albert Einstein
Stobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 01:23 PM   #21
KayaKTM
Day trippin'

Oddometer: 405
Hey Evilone

what i'm not good enough to ride with? OR maybe you realize you just can't keep up after we hit the dirt
i'll be off the crutches in less than 2 weeks now. besides i'll be riding for at least a month before the weather gets nice enough that you get your wussy ass out to ride
get some knobbies on that DR and come spend the weekend we'll find all the dirt you want
J

ps bring terry with you, she's easier to look at after the ride

Religions change; beer and wine remain. Harvey Allen
KayaKTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 02:18 PM   #22
Meathead
tin man

Oddometer: 16,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVILONE
Jack and Don C.,we should try and get togather sometime soon,Im busy this weekend,but free after that.Keep me posted if you wanna get togather!

Thought you said you were lookin' for more than just a coupla guys gettin' together . . ?
Meathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 02:28 PM   #23
EVILONE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Im not sure what I said,but at this point,anyone who knows the dirt in my area will work for me.Im not usualy a fan of big crowds,or plans for that matter,but I do need some one to show me around.And yes Kaya,you are not good enought to ride with,I dont want to hear all of your complaining about "Im cold....lets go home"....lol..J/K Jman.....oh...and Ill tell Terri....lol
Old 01-10-2006, 02:51 PM   #24
Bollocks
Farts with an Accent™

Oddometer: 5,093
Hi
I live in Boone NC, what type of riding are you looking for? If its trails I know of over 200 miles of off roading at a place named the Globe Rd in Blowing rock. I did ride there allot the first part of the summer and can tell you that the trails do change depending on the type of weather we’ve been having, on a scale of 1-5 {1 being easy and 5 hard} one day the trail needs a skill level of 1-2 and the next 3-4 and if your looking for some 5 I can show you where to find them too {A nice big yellow DANGER sign tells you your there}. At the moment my bikes setup for the twisties {BMW F650GS}with road tiers on and if its twisty you want.......try the 421 0ut off Boone towards MTN city TN....go 4 miles
Then turn left onto the 194 in Villas{Great road}to the 105, turn right go for 1.5 mile and take a left onto Shulls Mill RD {Very Twisty} get to the top and your on the Parkway…… Or take the 421 to MTN City and keep going to Shady Valley, on any Sunday there are allot of bikes there and allot of twists http://www.motorcycleplayground.com/...adyValley.html this place is 45 mins from Boone. Iv lived here 5 years and know some great roads {Watauga River Rd, Andy Hicks Rd……ETC} any more info just PM me…………that go’s for anyone…..

The Self-Preservation Society
BMW F800R Grin factor 10
08 Triumph 1050 Toight like a Toiger RIP
Bollocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 03:36 PM   #25
EVILONE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Hi Bollocks,In the summer I ride 181 to 221 to Blowing Rock every weekend,sometimes twice...lol.I have also rode 421 ALOT,(my family lives in Shady Valley),I also know about Globe Rd.I haven rode it yet,but I know where it is.I would really like to ride trails mostly,but I do like to enjoy the ride there!Mabey we could hook up sometime and go for a spin!Thanks so mutch for the info!
Old 01-10-2006, 05:18 PM   #26
kennyanc
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,029
Can I go too?

I live in Asheville and I just bought a KLR650. I would like to meet some folks in the area and ride some trails and fireroads. Can I go? Can I, can I, can I????

And watch out for that cmwoodys guy. I don't think he's all there.

Kenny
kennyanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 06:58 PM   #27
EVILONE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Well,It looks like all of us are just gonna have to get together and ride....SOON!Im down for when ever....except this weekend.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:27 AM   #28
CMWoody
Banned

Oddometer: 5,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyanc
I live in Asheville and I just bought a KLR650. I would like to meet some folks in the area and ride some trails and fireroads. Can I go? Can I, can I, can I????

And watch out for that cmwoodys guy. I don't think he's all there.

Kenny
About time you got a decent bike . Back from Florida already?

I had no idear there were so many of us No Cacalackians here.

Weathers nice today, screw work, I'm going out riding. no wait, this just in...the voices say Asheville, must go there and trash someones ST, must go now...
CMWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 06:45 AM   #29
kilroy1
was here!

Oddometer: 202
Cool. count me in, schedule permitting. I have been lurking for a while. Its about time I get out to meet some of you all. I did not realize how many adv riders where in the area. I have a DL650 that is set up for the street right now, but I am playing with the idea of putting some TKC's on it and seeing how it does off road. I started out riding on dirt and then went to street bikes when I was 16. That was 18 years ago, I think its time to try the dirt again to mix it up. I have lived in the Charlotte area for several years and have been wondering if there was any good dirt riding in the area. Glad to hear there is. It would be cool if all of us could get a ride together.
kilroy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 07:58 AM   #30
EVILONE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Well,like I said....Im dowm for when ever.Anyone wants to ride,hit me up on the PM!