User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2006, 09:00 PM   #271
Smith898
Dancin Man

Oddometer: 279
Insurance on XRL 650 L

A question from a new xr rider does any one get insurance on this bike i can not get it with geico. Help!

1975 Honda XL175 - Every one has to have a classic
Smith898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 09:13 PM   #272
Lugnuts
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Bergen County here. Still stock XRL except for carb. mods.

I need a place to ride. Registered, insured and inspected.

Thanks.
Lugnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 09:30 PM   #273
Nocturnal
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smith898
A question from a new xr rider does any one get insurance on this bike i can not get it with geico. Help!
I have mine through Progressive, $113 a year for full coverage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas.K.Findlay through crooked roads
well old motor we are leaving here on a long jump again

Nocturnal screwed with this post 02-25-2006 at 09:40 PM
Nocturnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 09:33 PM   #274
Nocturnal
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugnuts
Bergen County here. Still stock XRL except for carb. mods.

I need a place to ride. Registered, insured and inspected.

Thanks.
Check the East forums under regional, I see ride invites in NJ pretty often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas.K.Findlay through crooked roads
well old motor we are leaving here on a long jump again
Nocturnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 09:59 AM   #275
rokklym
one man wolfpack

Oddometer: 4,427
Corbin ?

I got a few $$ burning a hole in my pocket and was wondering what everone thought of the Corbin seat for the XRL.

I've heard horror stories about them fitting bad and being difficult to put on, and that scares me a bit because my stock seat is nearly impossible to put on with that rear rack on.
I've also heard about people that thought the stocker was more comfortable. The seat on mine sucks, so I think the Corbin would be alot better. Heck, its wider so it gotta be a bit more comfy right? I'm planning on doing some big rides this year so something has to change.

I like the one Medicine Creek has on his bike, the black top and red sides look nice.

also, those of you with this seat, what do you think of the piping, does if bother you at all?

Thanks
Chad Berger DR650, KTM 990 Adventure R
Lone Wolf Expeditions
rokklym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 10:43 AM   #276
onaXR OP
Druid

Oddometer: 2,087
I seen one on ebay the other day I almost bought it. It was all black and no piping, that the part that bugs me the colored piping . BUT if it felt good I could get over that.
Old 02-26-2006, 11:11 AM   #277
murgatroid42
Great Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smith898
Geico sucks. It used to be the official insurance co. of the AMA, so I insured my dead-stock GPz550 through them. I had to drive the bike to the insurer so they verify that it was totally stock. One month later they increased my policy by 20%. The next month they increased it again. I want to step on and squash that gecko.

I have liability-only insurance my XR650L through Allshaft Allstate for $40 a year.
murgatroid42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 09:00 AM   #278
minnjim
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by rokklym
I got a few $$ burning a hole in my pocket and was wondering what everone thought of the Corbin seat for the XRL.

I've heard horror stories about them fitting bad and being difficult to put on, and that scares me a bit because my stock seat is nearly impossible to put on with that rear rack on.
I've also heard about people that thought the stocker was more comfortable. The seat on mine sucks, so I think the Corbin would be alot better. Heck, its wider so it gotta be a bit more comfy right? I'm planning on doing some big rides this year so something has to change.

I like the one Medicine Creek has on his bike, the black top and red sides look nice.

also, those of you with this seat, what do you think of the piping, does if bother you at all?

Thanks
I had trouble with the fit of my corbin using a 4 gallon IMS tank on my '93. It's more comfortable than the stock seat, but it does slope toward the front more than I would like. I live with the piping, but if I had realized I could get it without, I would have gone that route.
Bottom line: Check out other possibilities...

What brand of rear rack do you have?
minnjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 09:46 AM   #279
Mr Kawasaki
Sardonios Irritatus

Oddometer: 6,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by onaXR
I seen one on ebay the other day I almost bought it. It was all black and no piping, that the part that bugs me the colored piping . BUT if it felt good I could get over that.

It's still there. Link. I might have bid on it if I had not already ordered a new one.
Old 02-28-2006, 10:25 AM   #280
goblin
pig rider

Oddometer: 371
I just insure mine with the basic plan. Got the corbin seat, it has about 100mi. on it now and i'm very happy with the comfort. It is available with black piping. It was a pia to try and fit it the 1st time butg I made a couple of adjustments to the tung (real problem) and cut away some of the rubber grommets. Oh and I damaged the rear of the seat with a rubber mallet.
Old 02-28-2006, 06:31 PM   #281
rokklym
one man wolfpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kawasaki
It's still there. Link. I might have bid on it if I had not already ordered a new one.
dang, I saw that auction when there way 1 minute 20 seconds left. I didn't have time to look it over very good, oh well. Looks like it might have been a bit beat up.
Thanks for the link!
Lone Wolf Expeditions
Old 02-28-2006, 06:33 PM   #282
rokklym
one man wolfpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim g 9
I had trouble with the fit of my corbin using a 4 gallon IMS tank on my '93. It's more comfortable than the stock seat, but it does slope toward the front more than I would like. I live with the piping, but if I had realized I could get it without, I would have gone that route.
Bottom line: Check out other possibilities...

What brand of rear rack do you have?
I have the Pro Moto billet rack. I think my seat sucks but I don't know if I'll be happy with the corbin. I guess I should sit on one first.
Lone Wolf Expeditions
Old 02-28-2006, 09:22 PM   #283
xr-nut
Out Ridin' Around

Oddometer: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by rokklym
dang, I saw that auction when there way 1 minute 20 seconds left. I didn't have time to look it over very good, oh well. Looks like it might have been a bit beat up.
Thanks for the link!
that was my extra seat, you missed out. it was much nicer than the pics looked. had lowering link on there too. clearing out xr stuff I dont use or need.
xr-nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 09:49 PM   #284
Medicine Creek

Oddometer: 9,430
well, it's all put back together and ready for advwest.

this is how the subframe support/rack mount looked after grinding and paint.

and this i how it looked all put back together.

took it for a little spin this evening. with the supertrapp the jetting is way way to rich. 160 main with needle raised, 152 pilot. get major cut out on top end and pipe is oily black soot coated. ordered jets from sudco to fix. i think a 158 main will do it. i have all 12 disk in the supertrapp and had the stock pipe with the bafffle removed before. only thing i need now is some new tires. plan to put some on just before riding to advwest.

i think i am going to like the corbin. in never did ride with it (the corbin) with stock mounting. i did set it on the bike and set on it with it mounted the way it came. i think the half inch i raised the front will make it perfect for me. i did not feel any slide to the front while riding. yaddy yaddy yah, anyway, my cock-n-balls were not asleep/numb after my little one hour ride, and that is what i order the corbin for in the first place.

Medicine Creek screwed with this post 03-01-2006 at 06:19 AM
Medicine Creek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 07:05 AM   #285
Denisesewa
wounded adventurer

Oddometer: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicine Creek
well, it's all put back together and ready for advwest.

this is how the subframe support/rack mount looked after grinding and paint.

and this i how it looked all put back together.

took it for a little spin this evening. with the supertrapp the jetting is way way to rich. 160 main with needle raised, 152 pilot. get major cut out on top end and pipe is oily black soot coated. ordered jets from sudco to fix. i think a 158 main will do it. i have all 12 disk in the supertrapp and had the stock pipe with the bafffle removed before. only thing i need now is some new tires. plan to put some on just before riding to advwest.

i think i am going to like the corbin. in never did ride with it (the corbin) with stock mounting. i did set it on the bike and set on it with it mounted the way it came. i think the half inch i raised the front will make it perfect for me. i did not feel any slide to the front while riding. yaddy yaddy yah, anyway, my cock-n-balls were not asleep/numb after my little one hour ride, and that is what i order the corbin for in the first place.
Nice, I had to put 18 disks in my Supertrap with the 160 main to get it to clean up, still might be a touch rich.
"D"
Denisesewa is offline   Reply With Quote