Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2012, 04:19 PM   #48181
Sierra Thumper
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud Rider View Post
Congratulations! Cycle gear screwed up, and you saved $28. I was sure you couldn't buy a D606 tire for $87 anywhere. I still prefer the D952 tire, size 110/90-18, which you can buy at Rocky Mountain ATV/MC for $69.99.

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/...i-Terrain-Tire

Spud
So Spud, do the D952's last as long as the D606's overall? And how do the T63's fare against the other 2?
Old 10-27-2012, 04:23 PM   #48182
Johnny5jz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
So while we are on the subject of tire, I am planning on trying the D952s also. Which front tire is a good match? I am afraid that the D952 front would be sketchy on pavement.
Old 10-27-2012, 04:41 PM   #48183
Onederer
Crunch Nugget

Oddometer: 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by techforlife View Post
Wel.it` been awhile since your mouth blessed us hear.musta let ya out for the weekend did they......i don`t remember one post here or TT they you weren`t a sarcastic ass..........soo fuck off .

B
I didn't point the finger at any particular individual, but you seem to feel you're included in a general statement.
Your post is a fine example of the attitude that has become prevalent here. The threatening behavior while on the other side of a computer monitor is one reason I don't post much on here or TT anymore, because I'm not going to get into an online argument with some loud mouth who doesn't care to be rational.
I really don't remember having any problem with you, ever, and though some of the things you brought here are useful, I won't soon forget your attitude now.
All of the childish responses go a long way in showing the character of people on here. A lot of the spelling and sentence structure is terrible too.
Old 10-27-2012, 05:35 PM   #48184
screamin injin
FUBAR

Oddometer: 2,505
Onederer- I don't know who you are or what your trying to do, but I appreciate the guys on here posting up different things they do with the 650's. I take what they do and say as their personal opinion and not the only way to do things, because I also have my own opinion. Nobody had an attitude until you posted and bad-mouthed the group, since you didn't pick out one particular person, then I'm not sure exactly who you referred to in your negative post. Maybe a better way to get your message to the individual you intended it for would be to PM them directly, but that's just my opinion.
Maybe by posting this, I have drawn attention to myself and you will say something negative towards me, but I don't hold grudges and neither should you.
screamin injin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:52 PM   #48185
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,602
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShooterDave View Post
Nice pic.

I've done enough riding around here to come to the conclusion that I don't care if its DOT approved or not, what price is the best now drives me. There is no one out here to enforce that crap anyways. When there are people enforcing it, they just want to make sure your plate is up to date. Otherwise if you just turn around when you see them, they don't pursue. Not a huge incentive to go 100% legit on the bike now is it? I hope one day to leave this pathetic state of over regulations and stuck up people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecubed View Post
SOLD.....D952 that is....

I have tried a few tires,,,,MCE, D606, GP-110...gonna try the D952 as per Spud. I like the 606 and I am sure I will like the 952 especially on price...How can one go wrong with that?

I have to ask the collective the question....why the DOT? Do you guys really have a problem inspecting tires at the shop or are you afraid of the law? In my many years of riding, no one ever paid attention to my tires including inspection stations....[New Jersey might have a problem]...what gives???

The only reason they pull you over is that you did something stu-bid. A non compliance tire is minor!?? Suckitup.

If your shop will not inspect your bike because of a tire,,,find a new shop!!!

eee
Quote:
Exactly what I'm saying.
In those states that require DOT knobby tires, has anyone ever been ticketed for riding with a non-DOT tire? Has anyone even heard of someone who was ticketed for for riding with a non-DOT knobby tire? If your state requires DOT tires for inspection, why not install a cheap DOT tire for the inspection, then put a good, non-DOT knobby tire on the bike afterwards.

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil
Spud Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:08 PM   #48186
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Falcon View Post
...Hey Spud, have you considered trying the Dunlop MX71 tire? Only 3 bucks more than the D952, and it's made for harder pack, so maybe get more life out of it...
I like the tread pattern of the D952 rear tire much better than the tread pattern of the MX71 rear tire. Also, I believe hard terrain tires are usually manufactured with a softer rubber compound than intermediate terrain tires. The D952 tire is constructed of a nice, hard rubber compound similar to the D606 tire, so I get excellent wear from my D952 tires. Therefore, I'm done experimenting with rear tires; I'm sticking with the D952.

Incidentally, I've tried the MX51 front tire on my 200cc trail bike, and I liked it. However, I don't think the MX51 front tire would last very long mounted on the XR650L.

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil
Old 10-27-2012, 06:13 PM   #48187
JWhitmore44
pistolero

Oddometer: 1,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny5jz View Post
So while we are on the subject of tire, I am planning on trying the D952s also. Which front tire is a good match? I am afraid that the D952 front would be sketchy on pavement.
I'm running D952's front and rear. Can't believe how well they handle on pavement, except for stopping. The back tire just slides when braking aggressively. The back tire howls like a banshee at around 45 mph. It does get quieter after about 55 mph though :) Dirt performance is great though. The D952 front works great on both dirt and pavement. I may try a less aggressive rear like the Kenda 720 just to see how it wears and if it is any quieter.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:13 PM   #48188
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra Thumper View Post
So Spud, do the D952's last as long as the D606's overall? And how do the T63's fare against the other 2?
My D952 rear tires have lasted much longer than the D606 rear tire. Both tires are manufactured from a similar rubber compound. However, if kept inflated at 26 psi, the D952 tread pattern wears much more evenly than the D606 tread pattern. Therefore, the D952 will keep hooking up off road for a longer time than the D606, and the rounder profile will corner better on pavement for a longer time.

I was very disappointed with my T63 rear tire. The T63 was awful in any kind of mud, and I was surprised to discover how quickly it wore out. I won't be buying any more Michelin, T63 tires.

Spud

Spud Rider screwed with this post 10-27-2012 at 06:31 PM
Old 10-27-2012, 06:15 PM   #48189
Sierra Thumper
Studly Adventurer

Thumb Just gotta say I love my xrl, and the places it takes me ;-)

I also own a turbo zx14, a hayabusa, and a drag set-up gsxr-1100.....but I have the most fun by far on my xrl
I just love the places it can take me, and enjoy the heck outta riding it
If I could only keep one bike it would be the one......although I might be tempted to turbocharge it
Old 10-27-2012, 06:24 PM   #48190
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny5jz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWhitmore44 View Post
I'm running D952's front and rear. Can't believe how well they handle on pavement, except for stopping. The back tire just slides when braking aggressively. The back tire howls like a banshee at around 45 mph. It does get quieter after about 55 mph though :) Dirt performance is great though. The D952 front works great on both dirt and pavement. I may try a less aggressive rear like the Kenda 720 just to see how it wears and if it is any quieter.
My CST, Surge I, front tire works very well both on pavement and off road. Although this tire is never advertised as such, it is DOT approved.

I stocked up on the CST, Surge I, front tires when Chaparral was selling then for $37, delivered. However, when my stash of Surge I, front tires is used up, I plan to try the D952 front tire. Thanks for the good report, Jay.

Spud
Old 10-27-2012, 06:24 PM   #48191
Sierra Thumper
Studly Adventurer

Thumb Gotta love the Spudster

Quote:
My D952 rear tires have lasted much longer than the D606 rear tire. Both tires are manufactured from a similar rubber compound. However, if kept inflated at 26 psi, the D952 tread pattern wears much more evenly than the D606 tread pattern. Therefore, the D952 will keep hooking up off road for a longer time than the D606, and the rounder profile will corner better on pavement for a longer time.

Spud
Thanks for the awesome info as usual Spud I'm going to go ahead and pick up a set of D592's.....thanks again
Old 10-27-2012, 06:47 PM   #48192
techforlife
CDI REPAIR

Oddometer: 4,169
Quote:
Nice pic.

I've done enough riding around here to come to the conclusion that I don't care if its DOT approved or not, what price is the best now drives me. There is no one out here to enforce that crap anyways. When there are people enforcing it, they just want to make sure your plate is up to date. Otherwise if you just turn around when you see them, they don't pursue. Not a huge incentive to go 100% legit on the bike now is it? I hope one day to leave this pathetic state of over regulations and stuck up people.
there is a house right next door for rent Dave,just sayin.

B
01 XR650L,102mm JE 11.25:1..NX650 second gear,FMX650 fifth gear,ported CW head,KW valve train,MegaCycle 173X25.FCR MX pumper.42/158 NVCT needle.Cycra probend CRM,Scott`s sharkfin,Xr`s Only casesaver.FMF "Q2",Sutton Oil Cooler,Clarke 4.0,Red XR`s Only skidplate,Doubletake mirrors,Manracks Rotopax rack..one Minature Schnauzer
techforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:28 PM   #48193
ThumpnRed
Pig Wrangler

Oddometer: 2,302
You are a real piece of work. Crawl back under your rock now please. Here's a finger to point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onederer View Post
I didn't point the finger at any particular individual, but you seem to feel you're included in a general statement.
Your post is a fine example of the attitude that has become prevalent here. The threatening behavior while on the other side of a computer monitor is one reason I don't post much on here or TT anymore, because I'm not going to get into an online argument with some loud mouth who doesn't care to be rational.
I really don't remember having any problem with you, ever, and though some of the things you brought here are useful, I won't soon forget your attitude now.
All of the childish responses go a long way in showing the character of people on here. A lot of the spelling and sentence structure is terrible too.
ThumpnRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:37 PM   #48194
ShooterDave
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,381
Quote:
In those states that require DOT knobby tires, has anyone ever been ticketed for riding with a non-DOT tire? Has anyone even heard of someone who was ticketed for for riding with a non-DOT knobby tire? If your state requires DOT tires for inspection, why not install a cheap DOT tire for the inspection, then put a good, non-DOT knobby tire on the bike afterwards.

Spud

There are states that require inspection? I live in Stupfornistan and we don't have inspections here, cept for when you leave the dealership. But if its at the dealership its in DOT form anyways. You would think that if they required inspections anywhere, it would be here.

I'm curious as to what these inspections are like. Anyone want to explain?

ShooterDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:42 PM   #48195
Lonestar2112
scatology expert

Oddometer: 6,413
I would suspect that it would never really matter unless you got into a wreck. Then you might get phucked.

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER
Lonestar2112 is offline   Reply With Quote