User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2012, 01:41 PM   #48406
Ivanych
Ivanych

Oddometer: 238
Guys, please tell me.
Will be the same (equal) right crankshaft bearings at XR650L (91001-MN9-003 BEARING (6307)) and XR600 (BEARING (6307) 91001-MK2-003 (replaces 91001-MG3-008) )?
Bearing size is equal to - 80х35х18 ?
Ivanych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:43 PM   #48407
guitarmy21b
Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by XR650L_Dave View Post
The amazing karnac says "The answer is, a goldwing"
Lets open the envelope and read the question, hmmm, "What was your last bike?"
This is my first bike. Totally love it, and I have nothing to compare the seat to, I just know it's not comfy. I ordered the seat concepts one and the clarke 4.7 tank. Not sure what I'm gonna upgrade from there.
guitarmy21b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:25 PM   #48408
AZ TOM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud Rider View Post
I'm going to ditch the stock, bendomatic handlebars and install some aluminum handlebars on my XR650L. Will I be able to use the stock cables with CR High Bend handlebars? Also, can someone recommend some good, heated grips?

Spud
Yes & no
AZ TOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:19 PM   #48409
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ TOM View Post
Yes & no
That's concise.

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil
Spud Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:24 PM   #48410
absoluteclint
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 206
Quote:
Also, can someone recommend some good, heated grips?

Spud
Just saw some for sale in the flea market. Not sure if they're the type you're looking for or not. $32 bucks. Ad posted by inmate named Chuckracer. Good luck!
absoluteclint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:51 PM   #48411
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Thank you, Barron, Steve, and Tom. I ordered the CR High Bend handlebars and some grip heaters. I hope to get these items installed this weekend.

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil
Old 11-01-2012, 03:55 PM   #48412
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by absoluteclint View Post
Just saw some for sale in the flea market. Not sure if they're the type you're looking for or not. $32 bucks. Ad posted by inmate named Chuckracer. Good luck!
Thank you, Clint. I just ordered the Tusk Grip Heater Kit from Rocky Mountain ATV/MC.

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/...rip+heater+kit

I'll let everyone know how well this kit installs and performs.

Spud
Old 11-01-2012, 04:11 PM   #48413
ThumpnRed
Pig Wrangler

Oddometer: 2,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub Zero View Post
I think I have this chemistry set in the attic that my friends dad gave me, something about me needing to hide the evidence?? anyway its mine now and hes in jail so im sure I can use it to get the nitrogen i need!
BOOOM!
ThumpnRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:13 PM   #48414
my6
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 329
Waiting on the brown truck myself. He's bringing Symtec heaters and Easton Bars. One of the previous owners had heaters at one time because there's a switch attached to the headlight assembly that I can only assume was used for the heaters and it's on the left side. I'm close, I'm very close to riding again.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:58 PM   #48415
taco250
wannabe adventurer

Oddometer: 1,325
Quote:
Thank you, Barron, Steve, and Tom. I ordered the CR High Bend handlebars and some grip heaters. I hope to get these items installed this weekend.

Spud
I have the KX High bend with no risers because they were a tad taller than CR high. Still too low but the stock cables are fine.

The thing to know about grip heaters is the left will always feel colder than the right because the bar on the left side soaks up some of the heat whereas the right side of the bar is insulated a little by the throttle tube, especially if you're running a plastic throttle tube. I've heard there's a way to make the left "feel" equal to the right but I can't remember what it is. Also, the backs of your hand can still feel cold while the part actually touching the grip will be hot. It's a strange sensation.

www.benddualsport.com

300+ mile Paisley OR day ride
taco250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:09 PM   #48416
Barron
M0DAH0LIC

Oddometer: 2,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco250 View Post
I have the KX High bend with no risers because they were a tad taller than CR high. Still too low but the stock cables are fine.

The thing to know about grip heaters is the left will always feel colder than the right because the bar on the left side soaks up some of the heat whereas the right side of the bar is insulated a little by the throttle tube, especially if you're running a plastic throttle tube. I've heard there's a way to make the left "feel" equal to the right but I can't remember what it is. Also, the backs of your hand can still feel cold while the part actually touching the grip will be hot. It's a strange sensation.
Oh yeah.... You fix that problem with heat shrink on the handlebar. Never did it myself, but I remember the post.

-Barron
Old 11-01-2012, 05:11 PM   #48417
super samurai
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 316
Do the grip heaters work good, i would think the bar would be a big heat sink?
Waiting on brown also, got a new set of rims and tires from the real big man marko on the way.
I am running cr highs with no risers, cables were fine.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:07 PM   #48418
mrfixit54016
Wisconsin Dual Sporter

Oddometer: 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by super samurai View Post
Do the grip heaters work good, i would think the bar would be a big heat sink?
Waiting on brown also, got a new set of rims and tires from the real big man marko on the way.
I am running cr highs with no risers, cables were fine.
You need to buy a short piece of 1" heat shrink tubing to put one or two layers of it on the left bar before you put on the left grip heater and then the left grip. The heat shrink will insulate the metal bar from the heating element.
1983 XL100S
1985 ATC250ES
mrfixit54016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:30 PM   #48419
super samurai
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfixit54016 View Post
You need to buy a short piece of 1" heat shrink tubing to put one or two layers of it on the left bar before you put on the left grip heater and then the left grip. The heat shrink will insulate the metal bar from the heating element.
ahh that makes some sense!
do they work good?
i was pondering buying a set of gerbings battery powered gloves from a guy at work. his commute is short now and doesnt need them. they have a new set of batterys. he wants $75
Old 11-01-2012, 08:44 PM   #48420
Mossy-Back
Wet-Sider

Oddometer: 1,468
I don't need heated gloves... I just need gloves that go up above my jacket cuffs! It sucks having water going up your sleeve on the way to school. Plus my gloves are perforated leather, so not waterproof at all.

I need me some waterproof gauntlet gloves... but I'm a poor, unemployed, disabled vet, full-time student (and my wife won't let me buy new gloves). Sorry, I'm done wallowing in self-pity now. Now to wallow in a bottle of beer instead...

Ooh-Rah! Once a Marine, always a Marine!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny61 View Post
figures...my stud was rusty I played with my nuts a little and it cranked right over
Mossy-Back is offline   Reply With Quote