Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2012, 12:57 PM   #49306
Cumbacheech
XRated

Oddometer: 823
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumpnRed View Post
What a pain in the ass! Safeties are all getting by-passed SOON!
ThumpnRed,

I will be needing to remove my safeties soon as well. Someone gave me the schematics but I am not that good with that type of stuff... Would you be able to document how you do the safety switch bypasses?

Many Thanks,

Cumbacheech

Pics: Adventure setup, SUMO setup, Dirt setup
Cumbacheech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:19 PM   #49307
taco250
wannabe adventurer

Oddometer: 1,327
Quote:
Video of yesterday's ride. Turn up the resolution to 720 for HD. It looks a lot better. Look for the old car at 13:30. How in the hell did someone get a car in there?!
Looks like the car fell from the sky! With all the branches that scraped your helmet, I'm wondering how you have your camera mounted so that it stays put? Your bike is too big for the trails you rode but at least you were able to pass your buddy on the hill climb!

www.benddualsport.com

300+ mile Paisley OR day ride
taco250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:45 PM   #49308
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwalsh View Post
What about a Halleluiah?
Or a hurumph.
Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:13 PM   #49309
3girlsdad
aka FiddyK

Oddometer: 357
it was a perfect day today in the austin, texas area. a nice 60 degrees

yesterday was awesome too. a pic with a couple of my ridin buds...

2008 Honda XR650L - (gone)
3girlsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:48 PM   #49310
ReferJohn
3RD Generation Rider

Oddometer: 446
Red, Thanks for the video, that trail is perfect for the L, I noticed your buddy does not stand on the pegs while trail riding....BECOME ONE WITH THE MACHINE. the bike won't beat the body that way.
great video,great trail.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:05 PM   #49311
my6
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcma111 View Post
Using your tester check the harness wires for the tail light and activate the brake switch. You should get running voltage and brake voltage with the brake on. If this works it sounds like your tail light has a fault.
I don't refer to my bike as the "Hellbitch" for nothin. Nothings been easy since I got her in April. I finally had the time to properly trouble shoot the brake light problem today. It turned out to be two things. A very pinched wire under the seat(how the PO did it I will never know) and a poorly activating front brake lever switch. I will get her inspected tomorrow if I can find a place that's open on Sundays. Then/Now all I need to do is adjust the float level on the carb(flat slide Mikuni and it's been a long time), replace the red seat cover for a black one and put on a pair 606's. I'm close, I'm very close.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:32 PM   #49312
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Oddometer: 24,014
Pissed

Quote:
Originally Posted by beechum1 View Post
Or a hurumph.
On the plains of hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died. The only thing that comes to those who wait is old age. Too many dreams.... Not enough time. Not Scared of dying. Not scared of living. Just scared of the pain that separates the two...
kenny61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 04:36 PM   #49313
ThumpnRed
Pig Wrangler

Oddometer: 2,372
Here is the rest of the ride. Getting there and getting back

ThumpnRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:01 PM   #49314
Sierra Thumper
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by absoluteclint View Post
Thanks man (and to the others who responded)... You're right the larger holes equaling more dirt getting through certainly makes sense. The K&N was already in place when I acquired the bike a month or so ago. I've noticed alot of folks on here and other sites seem to prefer the UNI but I wasn't sure why (thought maybe because it's a few bucks cheaper than the K&N). Next time I place an online order from somewhere that sells filters I'll throw a UNI in on the order as well.

Kinda sucks because I just bought the K&N cleaning kit. Maybe I can ebay the filter along with the almost-new cleaning kit.

Everybody else concur... UNI over K&N?

Thanks again...
When I bought the Alba Racing FMF pipe kit for my Banshee, it came with a K&N filter, and the dirt sock that goes over it to help keep dirt out in off-road riding. I had the Banshee forever and it saw nothing but dirt, including dune riding, and I never had an issue with dirt getting past the filter. I definately wouldn't run the K&N off-road without the sock tho....it doesn't filter well enough on its own.
My xrl came with a UNI that works great......I do run 2 BMC's (K&N style filters), and a K&N on my street bikes with no probs tho.....they breathe awesome (really sharpened up throttle response), and seem to filter well on the street
Old 11-24-2012, 06:24 PM   #49315
Mossy-Back
Wet-Sider

Oddometer: 1,512
Nice videos Red! Looks like a great ride.
Ooh-Rah! Once a Marine, always a Marine!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny61 View Post
figures...my stud was rusty I played with my nuts a little and it cranked right over
Mossy-Back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:01 PM   #49316
AZ TOM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumbacheech View Post
ThumpnRed,

I will be needing to remove my safeties soon as well. Someone gave me the schematics but I am not that good with that type of stuff... Would you be able to document how you do the safety switch bypasses?

Many Thanks,

Cumbacheech
Remove both wires from the switch, splice them together & your done
AZ TOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:45 PM   #49317
ThumpnRed
Pig Wrangler

Oddometer: 2,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco250 View Post
Looks like the car fell from the sky! With all the branches that scraped your helmet, I'm wondering how you have your camera mounted so that it stays put? Your bike is too big for the trails you rode but at least you were able to pass your buddy on the hill climb!
That was the first time that I have ever riden the top part of that trail. I did not even see the car during the ride (too puckered up). Someone mentioned it when we got to the top. I noticed it when I watched the video.
My camera is side mounted or it would have either been ripped loose or I would have gotten yanked off the bike
Josh getting hung up on those roots worked out great for me... I would have likely picked the same line and ended up in the same predicament. Him being there forced us all outside to the good line Kinda like me stuck in the damned rut
ThumpnRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:57 PM   #49318
ID XR600
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 245
Quote:
That was the first time that I have ever riden the top part of that trail. I did not even see the car during the ride (too puckered up). Someone mentioned it when we got to the top. I noticed it when I watched the video.
My camera is side mounted or it would have either been ripped loose or I would have gotten yanked off the bike
Josh getting hung up on those roots worked out great for me... I would have likely picked the same line and ended up in the same predicament. Him being there forced us all outside to the good line Kinda like me stuck in the damned rut
You are a very good piggy rider,,,,and kind to your piggy,,,, you let her get a drink in the creek. Not many could manage those conditions that well. Hand warmers working good?
Old 11-24-2012, 08:23 PM   #49319
sportbiker929
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by rufus View Post
I have the pumper carb kit from sudco on my L. But I would like a quicker throttle. Does anyone here KNOW which throttle and cables will bolt on.
the Magura throttle works great, quick turn.

95 XR650L, Mikuni Pumper, Yosh, Baja Designs race Light, Pro tapers, Cycra Pro Bends, Magura 1/4 turn, Pirelli MT90s.
sportbiker929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:42 PM   #49320
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,515
What's the deets on the XRL motor shipping cooler? Part number or capacity and make please.
Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote