Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2012, 11:36 AM   #49951
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

Oddometer: 6,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwalsh View Post
If you want to bookmark a single post you can click on the post number(on the top right of each post). It will display that one post in another tab, then bookmark it where you want it.
Go to bookmarks, find that one, right click, properties, and change the name to what you want(eg: Spuds awesome battery relocation, USD fork swap, etc.

Being a turd makes me stupid. When you say " then bookmark it where you want it ", do you mean save to a MSWord index or Excel spreadsheet? And I don't see the bookmark option? Sorry to be dumb. Need more steps please.
Tnks
86 Husky 400 XCE, 00 Husky Te 610 e, 1999 Husky TC610 SM, 2000 Cagiva GC; Google: TX7
fritzcoinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:46 AM   #49952
MentalGuru
Crazy Diamond

Oddometer: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzcoinc View Post
Spud old buddy old pal, that is an asume write up on the batteries available to the XR650L owners. Crammed packed with information, and very complete information I might add . Thanks!

Is there a way to bookmark post like yours for quick reference later?
Quote:
Being a turd makes me stupid. When you say " then bookmark it where you want it ", do you mean save to a MSWord index or Excel spreadsheet? And I don't see the bookmark option? Sorry to be dumb. Need more steps please.
Tnks
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwalsh View Post
If you want to bookmark a single post you can click on the post number(on the top right of each post). It will display that one post in another tab, then bookmark it where you want it.
Go to bookmarks, find that one, right click, properties, and change the name to what you want(eg: Spuds awesome battery relocation, USD fork swap, etc.
If you want to bookmark a single post you can click on the post number(on the top right of each post). It will display that one post in another tab, then add it to your favorites
Go to your favorites, find that one, right click, properties, and change the name to what you want(eg: Spuds awesome battery relocation, USD fork swap, etc.

How's that....

Here's a link for ya...

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49955

MentalGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:12 PM   #49953
Dooga
Adventure Tourer

Oddometer: 285
She's Shaking Apart, Captain!

The previous owner of my XRL didn't use Loctite so my bike's shaking apart. I lost one nut affixing a rear peg and also both screws affixing my rear brake light. Anyone know where I can order this bolt and these screws? I would appreciate your help.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:15 PM   #49954
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentalGuru View Post
If you want to bookmark a single post you can click on the post number(on the top right of each post). It will display that one post in another tab, then add it to your favorites
Go to your favorites, find that one, right click, properties, and change the name to what you want(eg: Spuds awesome battery relocation, USD fork swap, etc.

How's that....

Here's a link for ya...

Yeah, what he said!

When I posted I wasn't thinking of anything other than a firefox browser which calls the links you save "bookmarks". I think Internet Explorer(IE) uses the name "favorites". Not sure as I have only used IE a few times...

If you don't want to have to access the internet to pull these pages you save, the only thing I know to do would be to copy the text to "Word" or "notepad". After that I'm computer challenged.

Does that help ya Fritz?

bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:16 PM   #49955
ecubed
LFC Cat

Oddometer: 693
Quote:
Spud old buddy old pal, that is an asume write up on the batteries available to the XR650L owners. Crammed packed with information, and very complete information I might add . Thanks!
Ditto to the Spud

I have the stock '02 battery in my bike and I assume that it can crap out at any time....sooooooo.....

I finally convinced my local Honda dealer to become a Shorai dealer so I can get one cheap.....

I brought home the 9 yesterday....and then I read this stuff...Oh well, I am going to study it and see if I can seal it up.....

eric

ecubed screwed with this post 12-12-2012 at 01:16 PM
ecubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:29 PM   #49956
sc-razor
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,746
Spud is a dandy! I am sure glad we have him

Steve
sc-razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:30 PM   #49957
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecubed View Post
Ditto to the Spud

I have the stock '02 battery in my bike and I assume that it can crap out at any time....sooooooo.....

I finally convinced my local Honda dealer to become a Shorai dealer so I can get one cheap.....

I brought home the 9 yesterday.....I am going to study it and see if I can seal it up.....

eric
I saw the Shorai literature on the parts counter last couple times I've been in.

Old 12-12-2012, 12:46 PM   #49958
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooga View Post
The previous owner of my XRL didn't use Loctite so my bike's shaking apart. I lost one nut affixing a rear peg and also both screws affixing my rear brake light. Anyone know where I can order this bolt and these screws? I would appreciate your help.
Funny(in a bad way) the PO of my bike tightened every damn nut and bolt so much I'm surprised he didn't ring them off! I had to use an impact screwdriver to get the throttle housing bolts loose. WTF?

Nut affixing a rear peg. You mean the bolt for the foot peg?
Are there still any hardware stores in Arlington? Not Lowes or Home Depot. Most older hardware stores have a great selection of standard & metric nuts & bolts.
I know for a fact the local True Value has a good selection...

Ramsey's True Value
703 North Royal Avenue, Front Royal, VA 22630
(540) 635-2547

You could also order them from here...

http://www.servicehondapsn.com/fiche...04&fveh=132657

I don't know the size of these bolts off hand but I'm sure someone will chime in who does.

Old 12-12-2012, 12:59 PM   #49959
ID XR600
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redclayrider View Post
I,m wondering if someone here can give me some help in Identifying this set of forks. I know they came off a Honda, I'm thinking a CR. I do not know what year. They came with a single disk front wheel.Where the top triple sits it is 62 or 61 mm.
They have what looks like a air valve on the top and what looks like 2 adjustment screws on the bottom of each fork leg. The top of the bottom triple stem (goes into the neck bearings) is 30 or 31 mm.
Picture of the forks and triple trees.

The top of the forks and triple tree

Bottom of the fork and what looks like adjustment screws

I am thinking of putting them on my 2003 Honda XR 650l. Anyone know if they will fit?

Thanks in advance for the help and if I posted in the wrong spot just move it. Please tell me where it got moved too. :)
They should be '89 CR forks. The advantage is that it is a bolt on ready to go triple tree,,, and looks like the XRL wheel probably fits right in there.

I bought a '92 front end and RSW Racing triples. I found out that the bottom of earlier cr forks are a smaller diameter than newer cr/crf forks,,,so the RSW bottom would not work. The triples for the '92cr500 were broken so I found an '89 triple and only used the RSW top with the '89 bottom. It was a pita but I got stiffer springs and love the way it handles. PM me if you think I might be able to help.

So now my question and I may never have to do this but on one of the forums xr400/xr600/or xr650l someone had the bearing information about a bottom bearing that fit on the bigger stems and in the XRL without machining. Anyone know this?????
Old 12-12-2012, 01:30 PM   #49960
pngaudioguy
Just...one...more...

Oddometer: 466
In most every modern graphical browser I've used on Linux and Windows including Firefox, Opera, Chrome, several others, and even IE, pressing Ctrl + D opens a pop-up to add a Bookmark/Favorite. If you're on Mac, it might be Control or Option + D or something, I don't know - I've never had one of those, and never plan to. So you could open up the specific post you want to keep track of in a new window, then press your little shortcut key combo and whenever you open your browser it's there in the menu for you.
pngaudioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:35 PM   #49961
prince_ruben
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,707
Anyone here riding the Death Valley Noob ride in March AND riding in?
Old 12-12-2012, 02:14 PM   #49962
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecubed View Post
Ditto to the Spud

I brought home the 9 yesterday....and then I read this stuff...Oh well, I am going to study it and see if I can seal it up.....

eric
Thank you, Eric.

If you can't return the Shorai battery, don't fret. The Shora LFX09A2-BS12 is a good battery. I relocated this battery to the top of my air box in March of 2011, and it has performed flawlessly for me ever since.

However, based upon my research, I still believe the Antigravity batteries are the best LiFePO4 batteries currently for sale. Among other factors, the Antigravity batteries are also reported to balance all the cells of the battery automatically at a lower working voltage than the Shorai batteries. The Antigravity batteries have also survived brutal testing which destroyed several Shorai batteries.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...=770364&page=8

Nevertheless, I still think the Shorai LFX09A2-BS12 battery is a good value at $110, delivered. I just think the Antigravity batteries are better, and worth the extra money.

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil
Spud Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:40 PM   #49963
Ben99r1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,984
Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_ruben View Post
Anyone here riding the Death Valley Noob ride in March AND riding in?
I am. I also know about 2 or 3 other guys on L's that are going to make it. I have not decided if I am taking my tent trailer or just riding the bike with my gear. If I ride I just install my 15 tooth sprocket, highway pegs, and a seat pad. That makes the L into a touring bike for me. You should check out the carizo plans ride next month. A lot of the guys that do that ride do the DV noob ride. Ill decide on the trailer if I find someone to split the fuel cost with me. Here is the link to the Carrizo ride. http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...hlight=carrizo

Ben99r1 screwed with this post 12-12-2012 at 02:49 PM
Ben99r1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:41 PM   #49964
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooga View Post
Its a commond size, 8 x 1.25. A normal hex head can be had at Home Depot. A hardwear store in an industrial part of town will usually have button socket head and standard socket heads in alloy and stainless and high strength fasteners in alloy.
And of course there is Honda.
I would strongly recomend you fix the shaking.
Balance wheels, ture wheels ect.
Sometimes it ain't easy.

86 Husky 400 XCE, 00 Husky Te 610 e, 1999 Husky TC610 SM, 2000 Cagiva GC; Google: TX7
Old 12-12-2012, 02:45 PM   #49965
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MentalGuru View Post

How's that....

Here's a link for ya...

Thanks, I got it.Finally. I just made a spread sheet and I copy the web link to a cell. I made catagories and sub catigories with a description column to keep it well orginized.

I have a tough job ahead of me though. With my handy Post Bookmark Spreadsheet, or PBS, I must now go back through Toxic Britney and find all my " Best Ass Ever" favs. and bookmark them.

fritzcoinc screwed with this post 12-12-2012 at 02:52 PM