Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2012, 06:00 AM   #50311
ThumpnRed
Pig Wrangler

Oddometer: 2,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider11x View Post
I am the wife of rider11x and wanted to let you guys know that Marc passed away this past Friday Eve in a motorcycle accident. He would of wanted me to tell you how much enjoyed talking bike talk with you and to be careful of other drivers around you. I won't be back on here but wanted to let you know that a vehicle crossed in front of him and with all the protective gear he had on, he still didn't survive, So be careful and ride safe an let your loved ones know how much you love them like he did to me everyday.
RIP Rider11x (Marc)
Ride in peace Marc.
ThumpnRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:19 AM   #50312
JWhitmore44
pistolero

Oddometer: 1,550
Quote:
I am the wife of rider11x and wanted to let you guys know that Marc passed away this past Friday Eve in a motorcycle accident. He would of wanted me to tell you how much enjoyed talking bike talk with you and to be careful of other drivers around you. I won't be back on here but wanted to let you know that a vehicle crossed in front of him and with all the protective gear he had on, he still didn't survive, So be careful and ride safe an let your loved ones know how much you love them like he did to me everyday.
RIP Rider11x (Marc)
So sorry to hear of your loss. God speed Rider11x.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:24 AM   #50313
thebigman
bout a dollar 3.98

Oddometer: 3,306
Quote:
RIP Rider11x (Marc)

Prayers sent for You , Your Family and Marc.

08 xr650l ,99 xr650l, 10 HDXR1200X ,84atc200s 85atc200s, 80ct110 ,99xr70, 04xr650l ,

Dumb ass people do dumb ass things
thebigman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:25 AM   #50314
sc-razor
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzcoinc View Post
I am sure I speak for all here in saying our heart felt sorrow for your loss and our prayers go out to you and your family. Please let us know if there is anything at all we can do for you in this difficult time. Marc has been a great contributor to this site and I am sure he is now in a great and wounderfull place.
Kindest regards
Fritz Huss

Steve
sc-razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:56 AM   #50315
Sub Zero
Ice Breather!

Oddometer: 766
Quote:
RIP Rider11x (Marc)
oh my god!!!!! prayers to you and your family! Rest in peace marc. im sure your jammin around on your XRL in the forests of heaven above us.

"Great! What am I supposed to use now?! Harsh language?!?!?"
- Duke Nukem
Sub Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:01 AM   #50316
Haywood
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 349
Quote:
RIP Rider11x (Marc)
I am very sorry to hear of your loss. May he rest in peace.
Haywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:06 AM   #50317
ID XR600
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 245
Quote:
RIP Rider11x (Marc)
He will be missed here. My prayers to you and his family
Old 12-19-2012, 08:14 AM   #50318
elsalvadorklr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,076
Rest in Peace Rider....

My condolences.
elsalvadorklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:15 AM   #50319
Haywood
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 349
Wiring question.

I just got a GPS for the bike. I got the Garmin Montana and the AMPS rugged mount with power. My question is: what is the best hot wire to pick up power and is it better to go with switched power or unswitched? Also, better to ground the black wire to the frame or is there a black wire near the front end I can tap into? The instructions say: "Connect the red and black wires to your vehicle's main power, 10 to 50 volts".
Haywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:18 AM   #50320
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco250 View Post
The salesman wanted me to buy it but I told him about the fit issue and he told me I could just trim out some of the padding. WRONG!!
That salesman should NOT be working at a motorcycle shop. Clueless idiot....

Quote:
Originally Posted by my6 View Post
I've always been a proponent of the OEM Honda organics. I see many different types nowadays on Fleabay offered for next to nothing for a set of front and rear. Any body tried them? Sudco etc....
I've had good luck with EBC pads.

bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:22 AM   #50321
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,529
Quote:
RIP Rider11x (Marc)
I'm so sorry for to hear of the loss of your loved one.

RIP Marc...

bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:24 AM   #50322
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,600
Quote:
RIP Rider11x (Marc)
Please know you have my deepest condolences. I am so very sorry for your loss. Thank you for reminding us to exercise the utmost caution while riding.

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil
Spud Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:38 AM   #50323
my6
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzcoinc View Post
Where were you last night? We were all waiting to see your bike???
Anyway try Ferodo pads. They make an offroad pad that has excellent feel making it difficult to lock up on soft loose surfaces. Now this is an OFFROAD pad. On the street you will need extra stopping distance. I get them here: http://www.indysuperbike.com/

Info here: http://www.ferodo.com/en-gb/Pages/Home.aspx
I wanted to be there but after a busy weekend, 4 hrs of overtime on Monday and a restless nights sleep I was just bushed. Next Tuesday is XMAS but if the weather agrees I will be there the following Tuesday. Hey, starting Friday at 5, I'm off till January 2nd. If you hear of anyone thats planning a ride keep me in mind.

my6 screwed with this post 12-19-2012 at 10:53 AM
my6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:40 AM   #50324
RideAbout
Mentally Retired

Oddometer: 1,518
Quote:
I am the wife of rider11x and wanted to let you guys know that Marc passed away this past Friday Eve in a motorcycle accident.
RIP Rider11x (Marc)
Ride on Marc.....
Old 12-19-2012, 11:11 AM   #50325
ecubed
LFC Cat

Oddometer: 683
Sad to hear about Rider11x. My condolences to the family. I will take a ride and pray for them.

Eric