Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2013, 06:22 PM   #52006
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

Oddometer: 6,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwalsh View Post
I'm finally getting around to reasembling my 04. The service manual calls for 0.7 Foot pounds torque(8.4 inch pounds) on the Steering bearing adjustment nut, Pg., 11-14, item #13.

I own both a foot pound and inch pound torque wrench. Neither one go that low. Whats the best way to get it set right. Just snug it until it is hand tight, then loosen a touch or...?
Tighten the nut with channel locks while rotating the steer head from side to side. loosen the nut and run it back finger tight. You will need to re-set the bearings after a very short time in operation as the bearings run-in/wear-in quickly.
86 Husky 400 XCE, 00 Husky Te 610 e, 1999 Husky TC610 SM, 2000 Cagiva GC; Google: TX7
fritzcoinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:24 PM   #52007
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

Oddometer: 6,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumpnRed View Post
I finally got my lazy, cold arse out in the garage and got started on the winter project(s).
Could you crank out some .358 norma mags for me? 225gr boat tails please.
86 Husky 400 XCE, 00 Husky Te 610 e, 1999 Husky TC610 SM, 2000 Cagiva GC; Google: TX7
fritzcoinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:50 PM   #52008
Mossy-Back
Wet-Sider

Oddometer: 1,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk_Uncle View Post
Brown Falcon, are you near Hansen's Triumph Shop? Guy is going to bring it there for a once over. If you are nearby, could you look at it for your opinion?

It could be an adventure ferrying bikes!!

If I brought the bike down there would you be interested. Going to balance the cost of shipping vs. roadtrip before I deploy.
Looks like that shop is about 4 hours south of me. Like I said, I'd love to buy your XRL, but I don't have the money right now. I don't even have the money to buy new tires at the moment. In the future I'd like to get a CW motor, so buying yours would be awesome. Someday...
Originally Posted by kenny61 View Post
figures...my stud was rusty I played with my nuts a little and it cranked right over
Mossy-Back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:19 PM   #52009
flyingwombat
frozen dead guy

Oddometer: 681
CRF fork brake hose?

What brake hose are you guys running with your CRF450 forks? The CRF450R hose that I have seems way too short.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:21 PM   #52010
flyingwombat
frozen dead guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancerdave View Post
anyone ever try riding double on their big red Honda?? my wife has ridden with me for over 20 years and now that i have an actual "dual sport" bike i am wondering if anyone else has tried this..
Yes. I rode two-up with luggage and no passenger pegs from Bay of LA (Baja) to San Diego. Fast. Not recommended but not too bad either. Also a bit of off-road in deep sand, definitely not recommended but it works.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:26 PM   #52011
ThumpnRed
Pig Wrangler

Oddometer: 2,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzcoinc View Post
Could you crank out some .358 norma mags for me? 225gr boat tails please.
I will get right on it. Nosler or Barnes?
WTH are shooting at in Texas with a freakin .358 Mag?! That's a lot of kaboom for any Texas critters!
A .270 was as much gun as I ever used when I lived in San Antonio. Heck, a .243 was just about right. Several south Texas whitetails and hogs fell victim to a .243 inch "intervention"
ThumpnRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:27 PM   #52012
ThumpnRed
Pig Wrangler

Oddometer: 2,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingwombat View Post
What brake hose are you guys running with your CRF450 forks? The CRF450R hose that I have seems way too short.
I used the XRL hose on my RM250 forks. Worked great.
ThumpnRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:32 PM   #52013
dancerdave
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 166
my wife has always ridden with me but it has been on a bmw either a r100gspd or a 12gs and now after a very long-long time i have a real dual sport bike and she has asked if this bike will be able to let her go with me.. a back rest and lower foot pegs will have to be installed so just curious if anyone has went to this extreme
Old 01-20-2013, 07:56 PM   #52014
flyingwombat
frozen dead guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumpnRed View Post
I used the XRL hose on my RM250 forks. Worked great.
Are you using the XRL master cylinder also? I guess I could do that but the CRF master is supposed to be better I think.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:28 PM   #52015
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Oddometer: 5,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny61 View Post
The battery on my L is going. Its really weak in sub 32F temps. Currently got a deka lead acid that only lasted 2 years. The bike is ridden often if not everyday never sits unstarted for more than a week. Question is which replacement should I go with. A better brand leadacid, gel cell, Lithium Ion?

I dont want to do the relocation just want a battery that last more than 2 seasons. I got a Yuasa in my quad which i start 4 times a year and its been in there for three years with no problem
Yo Kenny, My pig has the same Yuasa in it that I got with it nearly four years ago and so far no sign of weakness!
(Fingers crossed icon goes here)
But wait... I don't ever try it in sub freezing temps...
Let's ride!!! - No offense, but there've been a lot of people over time who were just as sure, yet got it wrong. - Una necedad, aunque la repitan millones de bocas, no deja de ser una necedad. - "you know that I could have me a million more friends and all I'd have to lose is my point of view" (Prine)
ONandOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:29 PM   #52016
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Oddometer: 22,603
all i did was use a cr caliper on mine left hose and master.

Go forth and be a force of the awesome!
kenny61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:44 PM   #52017
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra Thumper View Post
... I can't imagine 13/50 gearing with my stock tranny, that would be some insane dirt acceleration
That would be one time where pigs truly did fly
I doubt you'd get any better acceleration because you'd be too busy changing gears!
Let's ride!!! - No offense, but there've been a lot of people over time who were just as sure, yet got it wrong. - Una necedad, aunque la repitan millones de bocas, no deja de ser una necedad. - "you know that I could have me a million more friends and all I'd have to lose is my point of view" (Prine)
Old 01-20-2013, 08:47 PM   #52018
Lonestar2112
B_nned Camp Parolee

Oddometer: 6,077
I thought I had posted this, but, I don't see it.

I was riding this weekend with an inmate on a 650L and of course the piggy got all covered in mud. Maybe pictures will pop up later!
Lonestar2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:09 PM   #52019
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancerdave View Post
anyone ever try riding double on their big red Honda?? my wife has ridden with me for over 20 years and now that i have an actual "dual sport" bike i am wondering if anyone else has tried this..
I took her for about an hour ride on some knarly forest roads that some riders won't go on - took it easy and all but she swears she'll never get on the thing again!

I've ridden on the back of my friend's, and I agree that the seat is pretty hard back there. I expect you'll need to do something about that if you expect a successful endeavor.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:15 PM   #52020
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingwombat View Post
ReRoute it if you need to. I've just taken mine up and over the top of errthang. I also use the XRL master. Works just fine. for me.

J
Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote