Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 09:23 PM   #52201
ThumpnRed
Pig Wrangler

Oddometer: 2,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3girlsdad View Post
i honestly don't know one gun from another, but my neighbor is hard core into 'em. we broke into his gun safe in the garage the other night. i liked this one. he wouldn't let me put the mag in it (we were ) but he did show me how i was suppose to hold it and where to put my hands. next thing you know i'ma shoot sumpin!

Awright hollywood... get the stock down in the pocket of your shoulder
ThumpnRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:25 PM   #52202
Ben99r1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Falcon View Post
Yep. The first two times I qualified with it was with iron sights (rear peep sight). After that they gave us trijcon 4x rifle combat optics (RCO's).

200 yards slow fire 5 shots each position (standing, kneeling, sitting) then two strings of 10 shot rapid fire (sitting)

300 yards slow fire 5 shots each position (kneeling, sitting, prone) then two strings of 10 shot rapid fire (prone)

500 yards slow fire 10 shots (prone) human silhouette target
I was better with my saw than a M16 any day. I got issued the saw the first week I was sent to the fleet. I feel in love rt at that moment. I carried it for 2 1/2 years. I even carried it as a fire team leader and squad leader. My CO knew how good I was with it, he would not let them take it away from me. When I would go on patrol I would carry 1000 round with me and my own spare barrel. People outside of my company thought I was crazy to carry it.
Ben99r1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:31 PM   #52203
Mossy-Back
Wet-Sider

Oddometer: 1,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumpnRed View Post
Awright hollywood... get the stock down in the pocket of your shoulder
Actually, based off of my tactical training, that's about right for the M16/AR15 rifle. Kick isn't an issue, and if you put it much further down on your shoulder you won't get a good cheek weld without craning your neck sideways. But you have to find what works for you and then stay consistent.
Ooh-Rah! Once a Marine, always a Marine!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny61 View Post
figures...my stud was rusty I played with my nuts a little and it cranked right over
Mossy-Back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:16 PM   #52204
Schultz!
Recovering Lurker

Oddometer: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben99r1 View Post
I was better with my saw than a M16 any day. I got issued the saw the first week I was sent to the fleet. I feel in love rt at that moment. I carried it for 2 1/2 years. I even carried it as a fire team leader and squad leader. My CO knew how good I was with it, he would not let them take it away from me. When I would go on patrol I would carry 1000 round with me and my own spare barrel. People outside of my company thought I was crazy to carry it.
After seeing footage of a marine some were in the pacific walking around with air cooled browning .30 machine gun retrofitted (rigged) up with a shoulder strap and cloth around the barrel to keep from burning his hands don't disbelieve you one bit sir
Old 01-23-2013, 10:18 PM   #52205
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Oddometer: 5,535
Quote:
You'll want to re-jet at the same time that you de-smog and put the exhaust on or else you'll be VERY lean. ...
Actually, removing the air injection system has no effect on the fuel-air ratio, so it will be the same after as before. The system introduces ambient air post exhaust valve in order to facilitate the combustion of unburnt hydrocarbons in the escaping stream; it does nothing to affect neither the air nor the fuel which enter the engine. The engine will run no better and no worse add a result of removing the system; however, removing the system will result in a weight reduction.
Let's ride!!! - No offense, but there've been a lot of people over time who were just as sure, yet got it wrong. - Una necedad, aunque la repitan millones de bocas, no deja de ser una necedad. - "you know that I could have me a million more friends and all I'd have to lose is my point of view" (Prine)
ONandOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:29 PM   #52206
ThumpnRed
Pig Wrangler

Oddometer: 2,465
Quote:
Actually, based off of my tactical training, that's about right for the M16/AR15 rifle. Kick isn't an issue, and if you put it much further down on your shoulder you won't get a good cheek weld without craning your neck sideways. But you have to find what works for you and then stay consistent.
The only tactical training that I got was in Uncle Sam's green machine. Been a few years, but... FM 3-22.9, four fundamentals, chapter four.
ThumpnRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:37 PM   #52207
Drunk_Uncle
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,133
Well Ben had I run into you overseas I would have thought, now that is a guy ready to f@#k some shit up!! The saw is one of my favorite weapons also.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:46 PM   #52208
Mossy-Back
Wet-Sider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONandOFF View Post
Actually, removing the air injection system has no effect on the fuel-air ratio, so it will be the same after as before. The system introduces ambient air post exhaust valve in order to facilitate the combustion of unburnt hydrocarbons in the escaping stream; it does nothing to affect neither the air nor the fuel which enter the engine. The engine will run no better and no worse add a result of removing the system; however, removing the system will result in a weight reduction.
The free flowing exhaust would lean it out though.
Quote:
figures...my stud was rusty I played with my nuts a little and it cranked right over
Old 01-23-2013, 10:49 PM   #52209
ShooterDave
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3girlsdad View Post
i honestly don't know one gun from another, but my neighbor is hard core into 'em. we broke into his gun safe in the garage the other night. i liked this one. he wouldn't let me put the mag in it (we were ) but he did show me how i was suppose to hold it and where to put my hands. next thing you know i'ma shoot sumpin!

Quote:
I may be wrong, but pretty sure I'm not. Looking at the length of the mag well, thats a 308 platform, so an AR10. That rifle has a lot more kick than the standard AR15 .223 platform. If he shot it in his current posture, it would knock him over. With any caliber its always best to lean into the rifle to counteract the recoil. When you lean over/into it your shoulder covers up more of the stock, allowing it to be mounted lower and yet not have as much leaning with your head. There is a reason my name is "Shooter"Dave. LOL

ShooterDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:50 PM   #52210
ShooterDave
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra Thumper View Post
I'd love to see a pic of that pistol. My derringer also shoots 45 colt/410 loads in the bottom barrel. I have some very cool 410 self defense designed loads for pistols like mine....it really is a fascinating little gun. I can't post pics or I would.
I'll send you a PM of it.

ShooterDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:00 PM   #52211
Mossy-Back
Wet-Sider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShooterDave View Post
I may be wrong, but pretty sure I'm not. Looking at the length of the mag well, thats a 308 platform, so an AR10. That rifle has a lot more kick than the standard AR15 .223 platform. If he shot it in his current posture, it would knock him over. With any caliber its always best to lean into the rifle to counteract the recoil. When you lean over/into it your shoulder covers up more of the stock, allowing it to be mounted lower and yet not have as much leaning with your head. There is a reason my name is "Shooter"Dave. LOL
I agree with that. I didn't notice the larger mag well. I was just commenting on the shoulder placement. He definitely needs to lean into it more. Quicker follow-up shots.
Quote:
Old 01-23-2013, 11:07 PM   #52212
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Oddometer: 24,423
Quote:
I miss going to the range every couple months for re-qualification.

M16 at 500 yards with iron sights!

Go forth and be a force of the awesome!
kenny61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:09 PM   #52213
JahPahNeh
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra Thumper View Post
Good strategy
When it comes to airflow/fuel flow changes they have to be done together......you can't open up the airbox without giving the engine more fuel.......you can't give the engine more fuel without opening up the airbox, and even the exhaust to a certain degree. Doing one without the other will actually make your bike run worse....thats what some of the cautioning was about.

You need to be informed on the changes before you start making them.
But thats what we're here for
Reinstalled the snorkel this morning with two plastic auto body and fender rivets Just for now until I can get the mods together. I took a photo but can't figure out how to post, lol.
JahPahNeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:26 PM   #52214
Ben99r1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk_Uncle View Post
Well Ben had I run into you overseas I would have thought, now that is a guy ready to f@#k some shit up!! The saw is one of my favorite weapons also.
Wish I could get one in California. Like that would ever happen.
Ben99r1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:27 PM   #52215
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Oddometer: 5,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by mendoteach View Post
True...you could do that with most drum brakes if you squeezed enough. It's not about being able to lock brakes up but about keeping the brakes right at the threshold before lock-up with as little effort as possible. ...
Great point, albeit a separate issue. Although on both counts I find the stock brakes to be excellent.
They've never let me down and I've never wished they were better.
Not do I feel the need for a scapegoat.
Let's ride!!! - No offense, but there've been a lot of people over time who were just as sure, yet got it wrong. - Una necedad, aunque la repitan millones de bocas, no deja de ser una necedad. - "you know that I could have me a million more friends and all I'd have to lose is my point of view" (Prine)
ONandOFF is offline   Reply With Quote