User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 07:32 PM   #52276
wbedient
MoTard

Oddometer: 1,212
Fritz

You're OK in my book Fritz. I have enjoyed seeing everybody's opinions on firearms ownership, so yeah, in my book you did a good job spicing it up.

Back to the bikes...

Got all my parts to hook up the xr400 oil cooler on my XR650L. You can all expect pictures of me pulling out my hair, cursing and throwing tools in the near future... pictures of a hooked up oil cooler might eventually follow.

2008 KTM 690 Enduro
My Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/wbedient#g/u
wbedient is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:33 PM   #52277
mendoteach
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcma111 View Post
Yeah. What the hell does a XR50,75,80,100,150,200,350,500,600 have to do with the XR650l besides the name HONDA ???

Try to define your search. Say "Honda XR650l piston JE" and you get 400 different pistons from the XR50 on up.
Don't know why you're complaining. An RM80 kickstand would work great on my RM with a few rocks under it.

I'm calling ebay and bitching again.

mendoteach screwed with this post 01-24-2013 at 07:38 PM
mendoteach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:07 PM   #52278
flyingwombat
frozen dead guy

Oddometer: 713
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcma111 View Post
BTW... I REALLY hate how E-Bay has added the COMPARABLE feature to their site. Used to be if you were looking for a XR650l part you would get 400 to 500 listings. Now with the comparable bit you get EVERY listing with XR in the listing and you have to sort through something like 16,000 listings. I called them and bitched but of course it did no good. It's no longer fun to surf their site. So on that end they haven't seen any of my money in a while.

Yes, I just went through that looking for a 2007 CRF brake master cylinder. I was getting pages and pages of crap "fits 2007"... but it's a 2005!!! Arg. There may be some special search term or something to avoid that, I just haven't bothered to look yet.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:25 PM   #52279
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,318
Ebay was trying to be more like Amazon a few years ago. Since Meg left, they F'd it all up. Some group of overeducated MBA's decided to use cool tricks to justify their ridiculous rates. They put our manufacturing out of business. Them and PayPal.
Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
beechum1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:32 PM   #52280
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,601
This is the XRL thread. I/we all, come here to discuss XRL's.

There are numerous threads down in CS&M to discuss guns, gun rights and each others opinions on guns.
Please comment on guns, religion, politics and other such shit down there please? Just make sure you put on your thick skin when in the basement. You'll need it.

bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:44 PM   #52281
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwalsh View Post

There are numerous threads down in CS&M to discuss guns, gun rights and each others opinions on guns.
Please comment on guns, religion, politics and other such shit down there please? Just make sure you put on your thick skin when in the basement. You'll need it.
How dare you discuss motorcycles in the 2nd Amendment Thread!

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil
Spud Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:48 PM   #52282
Mossy-Back
Wet-Sider

Oddometer: 1,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED CAT View Post
First they want to take your so called assault rifles, then your handguns. Some FBI stats I saw the other day on people murdered in the USA with guns. 560 some odd with Rifles. How many were Assault Rifles, maybe 20%. 6500 people murdered with Handguns. And they want to take away your Assault Rifles. Doesn't make sense. You gun owners have to stick together or you'll loose it all. If I lived in your country, I'd join the NRA.
And according to FBI stats, more people are murdered with baseball bats than guns...
Ooh-Rah! Once a Marine, always a Marine!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny61 View Post
figures...my stud was rusty I played with my nuts a little and it cranked right over
Mossy-Back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:03 PM   #52283
Mossy-Back
Wet-Sider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk_Uncle View Post
I do enjoy the off topic discussions. Fritz, the M4 makes a great varmint gun. Very little recoil due to the gas operation makes follow up shots quicker and more accurate. Can really reach out and touch.

Now for the XR part. I am selling mine just the way it sits, but ofcourse I have the S&H handicap. Shipping from this state is a pain.

I have a line on a small truck, soo if someone were to purchase my XR, I can get it as far as Denver, CO. Buy the pickup and haul the Tiger I bought back up to Alaska.

I would also consider trades on a small truck in NW area of CONUS.
I don't have a small truck to trade, it's a big truck, and worth more than $3k... and my wife would kill me if I got rid of it after all the work I've put into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk_Uncle View Post
I actually have a uship.com auction going right now to get the Tiger up here. Was hoping to sell the XR to someone in Conus in the area. Looking for an adventure of my choosing before I go on one of our benevolent Uncle's choosing.
If you can convince my wife that I should buy your XR and then sell mine, I'll take it! haha
Quote:
figures...my stud was rusty I played with my nuts a little and it cranked right over
Old 01-24-2013, 09:05 PM   #52284
AZ TOM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwalsh View Post

Obviously not all. You & I & some others but not all. We can climb out of the toilet I know we can Personnally I come here to get away/above all that crap but?
AZ TOM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:09 PM   #52285
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,611
I just discovered this no-battery, crank powered, LED headlamp. This is a nice item to pack in your backpack, or tool tube, when you will be riding after dark. You can use the headlamp to repair a flat tire, or find your way around the campsite.

You can buy this item for $9.99, delivered, at eBay. Crank the retractable handle for one minute, and you will get 40 minutes of light.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-LED-Cran...item19d3d4582f

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil
Spud Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:16 PM   #52286
Mossy-Back
Wet-Sider

Well, I re-jetted my carb today. The 55/158 combo I was running after I did Dave's, err, Brian's, or is it Brave's? Mod were running way rich. Sooty exhaust pipe, terrible mileage, my buddy riding behind me complaining about the smell. I was getting 50mpg with the p.o. installed 50/162 jetting, now I've been getting 35.

I went down to 52/155 this time. I got the mixture set pretty close this afternoon, but tomorrow I'm going to get it warmed up all the way and set the mixture screw (the Spud way), swap in a new plug, and go flog it for a while and check the plug after.

On another note, I'm really glad I checked my chain sliders when I replaced my chain. The front was falling apart (replaced with an XR600 roller) and the rear was worn down so far that the chain was cutting into the mounting bolts (replaced with OEM slider, $10 from RM ATV).
Quote:
Old 01-24-2013, 09:17 PM   #52287
Mossy-Back
Wet-Sider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud Rider View Post
I just discovered this no-battery, crank powered, LED headlamp. This is a nice item to pack in your backpack, or tool tube, when you will be riding after dark. You can use the headlamp to repair a flat tire, or find your way around the campsite.

Spud
How does the headlamp repair a flat tire? Shove it in the hole to keep the air from coming out?
Quote:
Old 01-24-2013, 09:38 PM   #52288
GlockPointer
NachosRiflesAlchohol

Oddometer: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3girlsdad View Post
i honestly don't know one gun from another, but my neighbor is hard core into 'em. we broke into his gun safe in the garage the other night. i liked this one. he wouldn't let me put the mag in it (we were ) but he did show me how i was suppose to hold it and where to put my hands. next thing you know i'ma shoot sumpin!

Just want to be claro.If I had fifty of these and 500,000 rds min. I would nearly sleep sound at night. It's all about being able to deliver as much lead as possible around the perimeter of my property. The only place I have where I should be safe. If all I can do is keep firing then I want to be able to keep firing. Has anyone here even had a "bad guy" draw down on them or been shot? I have been lucky but have looked down the barrel a few times and I wished I had what they had. Now I do.
GlockPointer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:58 PM   #52289
Mossy-Back
Wet-Sider

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockPointer View Post
Just want to be claro.If I had fifty of these and 500,000 rds min. I would nearly sleep sound at night. It's all about being able to deliver as much lead as possible around the perimeter of my property. The only place I have where I should be safe. If all I can do is keep firing then I want to be able to keep firing. Has anyone here even had a "bad guy" draw down on them or been shot? I have been lucky but have looked down the barrel a few times and I wished I had what they had. Now I do.
GOOD! I'm glad you made that decision! I carry to protect my family, and myself.
Quote:
Old 01-24-2013, 10:04 PM   #52290
flyingwombat
frozen dead guy

Oddometer: 713