Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2013, 10:09 AM   #52336
prince_ruben
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,717
Quote:
Originally Posted by award900 View Post
Sorry. Been home, sick with the flu, most of the week and everytime I log on here its basement garbage. ;)

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
He he. I've been spending too much time there. Been on this board for years and just discovered the basement last year. Some weirdos there. Makes you wonder who you ride with at meet ups. But whatever. People are different.

On an XRL note, I'm preparing my bike for the DV noob ride. Gotta swap off the motard wheels and peel some rubber on the stock XRL rims. I bought the tire changing tool from the group buy on here and have yet to use it. http://kauritmoto.com/

Since it's raining here in San Diego I'll have some time this weekend to fook around with it. Other than that I want to build rear subframe supports for luggage. My neighbor has a sick garage out here and I agreed to teach me how to weld.
That's him on the right:
http://www.history.com/shows/invention-usa
Old 01-25-2013, 10:17 AM   #52337
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Oddometer: 5,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra Thumper View Post
... My wife still shoots almost as good as me with her Taurus 38 hammerless concealed carry.....its a little heavier, but that helps the recoil for her and makes her quite the accurate little shooter
Kudos on encouraging your wife to shoot. It helps when they understand the intricacies of what we enjoy. Just hope you don't make her overly-mad and she flies off the handle too quickly!
Let's ride!!! - No offense, but there've been a lot of people over time who were just as sure, yet got it wrong. - Una necedad, aunque la repitan millones de bocas, no deja de ser una necedad. - "you know that I could have me a million more friends and all I'd have to lose is my point of view" (Prine)
ONandOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:20 AM   #52338
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra Thumper View Post
... You'll love the mods when you get them done.....adding mods to these bikes are like eating chips, you just can't stop at one
Safety and performance are paramount!
Let's ride!!! - No offense, but there've been a lot of people over time who were just as sure, yet got it wrong. - Una necedad, aunque la repitan millones de bocas, no deja de ser una necedad. - "you know that I could have me a million more friends and all I'd have to lose is my point of view" (Prine)
Old 01-25-2013, 10:23 AM   #52339
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Can someone tell me the optimal rider (not static) sag for these big ole XR's? I set my YZ450 at about 3 to 4 inches, can't remember exactly and now that bike is sold. Thanks in advance.
Close to four... Like 100mm. from fully extended.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:33 AM   #52340
WMD
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONandOFF View Post
Close to four... Like 100mm. from fully extended.
So pretty standard then. Thank you much.
WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:41 AM   #52341
3girlsdad
aka FiddyK

Oddometer: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_ruben View Post
I couldn't gather how it happened and no sound on work pc. Lost the front end?
yep, lost the front end on some slick slimy stuff around a bend. kinda like "black ice" that you don't see on the road.
2008 Honda XR650L - (gone)
3girlsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:00 AM   #52342
nic579
x

Oddometer: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3girlsdad View Post
yep, lost the front end on some slick slimy stuff around a bend. kinda like "black ice" that you don't see on the road.
So you had gear on your arms and still got rashed? I would look into finding something that stays in place and protects you when its needed.
nic579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:11 AM   #52343
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ TOM View Post
The only flaw in your thinking I see is that because I ride & have a passion for motorcycles, XRL's in particular you assume I share all your other views on our world. So for me personally it's a NAY! I am not one of the good ole boys, never have been & never will be!
Actually, the only assumption here is where you assume I'm assuming.

As far as banning, etc., I'm sure that's a result of being disrespectful, crude, etc., of where someone complains to the ad mins. I think it's fair, and fun, to intermittently discuss our other hobbies here with our xrl friends - as long as we keep it respectful, considerate, and down to a dull roar. It looks like the majority here agree. I do understand, however, that one can feel ostracized when many share a common interest which one doesn't, but the same could be said for various mods, and it's a cinch to scroll through uninteresting posts. Easier, actually, than posting to point out that something is not xrl- specific.

When, as adv-ers,we get together for a campout or or greet, for example, the discussions rarely stay focused on motorcycling alone. Why? Because we enjoy getting to know each other and hearing/telling about new things.

Life is short
Old 01-25-2013, 11:32 AM   #52344
JWhitmore44
pistolero

Oddometer: 1,600
Quote:

Done something similar the other day. I had just dropped off into a fairly open gully. There was a large badger hole coming up on my left. I completely missed seeing the basket ball sized rock that decided to knock the front wheel out from under me. I think I had a softer landing than you did though. Only damage I had was some prickly pair tines in my knee

My friends love to ride with me for the entertainment
Old 01-25-2013, 11:36 AM   #52345
techforlife
CDI REPAIR

Oddometer: 4,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideAbout View Post
#33 are just the dust seals, behind them appear to be a circlip and "the bearing". I'll check the bolt for additional wear... thanks.

Perfect.... I've seen these Pivot works kits but the wording sometimes throws me off.... never sure which one I "really" need to get the job done.
Thanks,
The reason it`s confusing is they are selling you both sperical bearings,,one is not actually in the shock though,,it`s in the lower linkage that bolts to the shock...so it is a lower shock bearing,,,just not thought of like that...

B
techforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:39 AM   #52346
chipbl
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Falcon View Post
...set the mixture screw (the Spud way)...
Can someone point me to the post # that describes this? I could just turn it 2 1/4 out and call it a day, but I want to learn how to do it right. I have a clip-on tach to measure RPM.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:02 PM   #52347
prince_ruben
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,717
Quote:
Glad you only had arm damage. I hate loosing the front end. It's the unexpected crashes I hate, when it's user error I'm good with it.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:28 PM   #52348
Lonestar2112
scatology expert

Oddometer: 6,919
I just have to ask.......

Marko, Steve and others have really helped me out by selling me parts they have on hand. Then it dawned on me that these guys are always doing that. I am just dying to see their storage buildings because these guys all seem to have tons of L stuff crammed in. Between my camping gear and necessary bike parts my garage is full.

Thanks guys!

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER
Lonestar2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:32 PM   #52349
HeadTrauma
\_(ツ)_/

Oddometer: 1,260
Blast from the past I know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc-razor View Post
It was a Contour Roam. Somebody posted an Amazon link awhile back and it was only 70.00!
You might try updating the firmware or changing the camera settings because honestly, the shake reduction was making me motion sick..and I don't get motion sick. I've seen other videos shot with the same camera that look normal, which makes me think it's related to firmware or settings.
HeadTrauma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:41 PM   #52350
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipbl View Post
Can someone point me to the post # that describes this? I could just turn it 2 1/4 out and call it a day, but I want to learn how to do it right. I have a clip-on tach to measure RPM.
Just get it so it's smooth and pulls off-idle well. It will be close to where it maxes idle rpm, a tad toward rich.
Would be nice if it could be adjusted easily while idling