Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 07:05 AM   #52636
3girlsdad
aka FiddyK

Oddometer: 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarlonXR View Post
All I want to do now is replace my tyres with Mitas E07's or Metzeler Karoo's, and get a larger thank, then I will be truly in the clouds!
that's what you think now! then you will want to do this, add that, modify this, modify that, replace this, replace that.... it doesn't end.

it is a disease.... SIXFIDDYOUSANOMA.
2008 Honda XR650L - (gone)
3girlsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:13 AM   #52637
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Oddometer: 5,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by nic579 View Post
... How many times have you run from and lost the police? I would never do that! As far as CBR600 and even the SV650 and the like will put me in jail or lose me my license in NY so its a no go there. ...
Yeah. It's turning into a police state at a slow enough rate that most goobers don't notice. Best to have a bike too slow to speed or too fast to catch. There are techniques. Most guys you hear about getting caught do something dumb. But a cop that really wants to catch you will gladly let you put your life in danger. I've been driving forty years and have yet to get in a traffic accident, but some bozos would consider me a "bad" driver because I have speeding tickets on my record. The bozos are too dumb to overcome the brainwashing they've been fed by the bozos in charge! Why do we have speed limits? I always hear it's to reduce accidents. So if someone can avoid accidents without watching a rigid speed limit, what's the problem? They just get their jollies limiting what others can do, especially when those people can do it better than themselves. It's a jealousy thing. But as for your question, I've lost count.
Let's ride!!! - No offense, but there've been a lot of people over time who were just as sure, yet got it wrong. - Una necedad, aunque la repitan millones de bocas, no deja de ser una necedad. - "you know that I could have me a million more friends and all I'd have to lose is my point of view" (Prine)
ONandOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:29 AM   #52638
joexr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,773
Running was a pastime 30 years ago for me.
joexr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:20 AM   #52639
techforlife
CDI REPAIR

Oddometer: 4,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra Thumper View Post
Too funny!!
Red you are a funny guy.....so glad you decided to own an xrl and hang here
Yup Red is definately a good fella........lot of good people o this forum and TT too....always someone to give a helping hand when needed...guess it`s the bikes we ride

B
01 XR650L,102mm JE 11.25:1..NX650 second gear,FMX650 fifth gear,ported CW head,KW valve train,MegaCycle 173X25.FCR MX pumper.42/158 NVCT needle.Cycra probend CRM,Scott`s sharkfin,Xr`s Only casesaver.FMF "Q2",Sutton Oil Cooler,Clarke 4.0,Red XR`s Only skidplate,Doubletake mirrors,Manracks Rotopax rack..one Minature Schnauzer
techforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:22 AM   #52640
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by joexr View Post
Running was a pastime 30 years ago for me.
I had some fun times back then too! and some not so fun. But it wasn't on a bike...1967 Camaro RS/SS, 1964 Dodge 440 coupe, my dads 1970 4 door Chrysler Newport , Ah the good ol days.

Welcome to ADV Marlon!

bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:55 AM   #52641
JWhitmore44
pistolero

Oddometer: 1,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarlonXR View Post
Mr Whitmore
Thanks! Well, the screen is a Hyde (if you google Hyde Windscreen) you'd probably find a more local site than my .co.za one. The luggage is Giant Loop's Great Basin saddle bags, a whole 50litres of dust and waterproof awesome!

I am only 1.72m, so had to also fit a kouba link to bring it down to a point where I can tippy toe both sides.

Cool, thanks !!
Old 01-30-2013, 09:04 AM   #52642
scotts_4x
lookin for a ride

Oddometer: 45
My cooler project is taking a lot longer than expected but here it is fresh back from the annodizer. Now I need to get to the hydraulic shop and see if they can source fittings for some custom hoses.

scotts_4x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:04 AM   #52643
MentalGuru
Crazy Diamond

Oddometer: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONandOFF View Post
Yeah. It's turning into a police state at a slow enough rate that most goobers don't notice. Best to have a bike too slow to speed or too fast to catch. There are techniques. Most guys you hear about getting caught do something dumb. But a cop that really wants to catch you will gladly let you put your life in danger. I've been driving forty years and have yet to get in a traffic accident, but some bozos would consider me a "bad" driver because I have speeding tickets on my record. The bozos are too dumb to overcome the brainwashing they've been fed by the bozos in charge! Why do we have speed limits? I always hear it's to reduce accidents. So if someone can avoid accidents without watching a rigid speed limit, what's the problem? They just get their jollies limiting what others can do, especially when those people can do it better than themselves. It's a jealousy thing. But as for your question, I've lost count.

Ain't that the truth...

It's all about the first 30 seconds most times.

It's funny when you just disappear. A quick left followed with a blast down a short alley = gone before he gets a chance to realize your running.

Better yet is when your stepbrother gets pulled over for some BS shortly afterwards and has the cop I lost stop to talk to the cop that stopped him. They wanted to know why he started to laugh when he described the rider and bike. He wouldn't talk... He came home and told me about it, we laughed about it for days. I just rode a different bike... Even better my stepdad worked for State Patrol... He laughed too...

MentalGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:39 AM   #52644
Mossy-Back
Wet-Sider

Oddometer: 1,515
Quote:
That/s the problem with shock callers they are almost always used improperly. A citronella bark collar is more effective if you want to stop the barking.

Sierra Thumper: citronella bark collar is more effective.
Been there, done that. Worked for a couple weeks, then the dog didn't care. Lab/shepherd mix.
Ooh-Rah! Once a Marine, always a Marine!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny61 View Post
figures...my stud was rusty I played with my nuts a little and it cranked right over
Mossy-Back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:54 AM   #52645
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Quote:
... I grew up riding dirt bikes for the pleasure of conquering challenges, and doing things on the bike I could never do with a bunch of luggage hanging off of it. When I ride, I carry a backpack with the emergency necessities, but thats it. I keep the bike as lean and mean as possible.
I've even pulled a few stock items off I don't use to lighten her up a bit more
Quote:
Its been working for me as well for over 30 years......I have no plans of changing But then again I guess we're old school
Hey man, looks like we have a couple things in common!
Let's ride!!! - No offense, but there've been a lot of people over time who were just as sure, yet got it wrong. - Una necedad, aunque la repitan millones de bocas, no deja de ser una necedad. - "you know that I could have me a million more friends and all I'd have to lose is my point of view" (Prine)
Old 01-30-2013, 10:20 AM   #52646
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Quote:
I hope they don't bark non-stop like our little dog does.... ...
Our bigger dogs don't bark often, but when they do, it means something!
Plus, they actually learn when I talk to them about barking about stuff that doesn't matter.

Quote:
... Even with full knobbies my xrl makes a great all-rounder
Quote:
... in the groups I ride with its the rider not the bike that makes the difference.....
It's true, the xrl dirt setup can do a pretty good job on pavement of taming the tight mountain passes and more challenging back roads. Most riders don't have the practice (or are not crazy enough) to keep up, no matter the bike. My street bike isn't the most performance-minded but I've passed more than a few other bikes in the twisties even two-up. And I ride with a couple of guys that I have to struggle to keep up with. So it's all relative. It's about the fun of the challenge to do the best we can in a given set of circumstances.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:43 AM   #52647
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Quote:
Originally Posted by MentalGuru View Post
... It's all about the first 30 seconds most times.
It's funny when you just disappear. A quick left followed with a blast down a short alley = gone before he gets a chance to realize your running. ...
The stories are endless, but yeah... it's all about them not knowing which way you went. Watch 'em blow by while hiding behind a tree in someone's driveway. Set in parking lots and watch them scratch their heads. I also found they can only take a car so far down a trail into the woods! And back when I drove my '69 Charger R/T s.e., those gutless fords and chevys of the era had no chance of keeping me in sight.
I tend to use other techniques these days, like talking to them. I've been let go for well over a hundred recently. But this one a-hole came up behind me from afar, I thought I was pulling over to let him past, but he pulled in behind and accused me of 42 in a 25. Fact is, I was crawling - he picked up someone else coming down the hill and blamed it on me. Seemed to have a hard-on for bikes. Judges would not listen. I truly regretted not disappearing that day - it would have been so easy. This justice system encourages not participating.
It's funny about your stepbro laughing,,, but these days they'd probably night-stick him to death in order to get him to spill the beans!
Old 01-30-2013, 11:26 AM   #52648
Barron
M0DAH0LIC

Oddometer: 2,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotts_4x View Post
My cooler project is taking a lot longer than expected but here it is fresh back from the annodizer. Now I need to get to the hydraulic shop and see if they can source fittings for some custom hoses.

Something like this maybe....

-Barron
Old 01-30-2013, 12:01 PM   #52649
MentalGuru
Crazy Diamond

Oddometer: 726
Quote:
That/s the problem with shock callers they are almost always used improperly. A citronella bark collar is more effective if you want to stop the barking.

Sierra Thumper: citronella bark collar is more effective.

The real question is...

Which is more entertaining???

MentalGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:10 PM   #52650
prince_ruben
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,696
Anyone have a suggestion for fixing a broken turn signal button? I have a post here feeling out ideas.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...5#post20611175