Old 02-12-2013, 10:08 AM   #53671
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

Oddometer: 6,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by my6 View Post
Hey Fritz....Is this a stock headlight?
Yes, but it's an Acerbus light.
86 Husky 400 XCE, 00 Husky Te 610 e, 1999 Husky TC610 SM, 2000 Cagiva GC; Google: TX7
fritzcoinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:09 AM   #53672
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

Oddometer: 6,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ TOM View Post

I crack myself up sometimes!
86 Husky 400 XCE, 00 Husky Te 610 e, 1999 Husky TC610 SM, 2000 Cagiva GC; Google: TX7
fritzcoinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:12 AM   #53673
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Rideout View Post
Anyone know why there is a vertical pin through the baffle on the stock muffler?
Quote:
Originally Posted by techforlife View Post
Keeps mice out..........

B

I suspect Honda put the obstruction in the baffle to reduce noise. However, that pin makes it more difficult to plug the end of the muffler while washing the motorcycle. Therefore, I removed the baffle, and cut out the obstruction. Now I can at least put a wash plug in the end of the muffler. I think the muffler sounds better with the obstruction removed; it doesn't "whistle" like it did previously.

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil

Spud Rider screwed with this post 02-12-2013 at 11:19 AM
Spud Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:17 AM   #53674
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubiak View Post
I would love to have that with a atv single rear tire!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfixit54016 View Post
OK, I will admit that I always loved my Honda ATC 200X that I had as a teenager, so I am sitting here drooling over this beast. The cool thing here is that this is a XR650L that has been turned into a STREET LEGAL trike! They do it with goldwings, so why not try it with an XRL and hit the ATV trails with it?

Maybe the cabin fever is just setting in finally. I have a trip planned for the end of February to go snowmobiling in the UP of Michigan with a bunch of guys for 3 days. That oughta get me feeling better...
You asked for it. Here's another XR650L ATV photo.

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil
Old 02-12-2013, 11:43 AM   #53675
kubiak
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by techforlife View Post
You and your big tires.......good lord,,i`m starting to wonder about you.

B
yes, i think i need help. lol!
kubiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:52 AM   #53676
Rob Rideout
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud Rider View Post

I suspect Honda put the obstruction in the baffle to reduce noise. However, that pin makes it more difficult to plug the end of the muffler while washing the motorcycle. Therefore, I removed the baffle, and cut out the obstruction. Now I can at least put a wash plug in the end of the muffler. I think the muffler sounds better with the obstruction removed; it doesn't "whistle" like it did previously.

Spud
That's the first think I noticed with my homemade baffle, the whistle is gone.

Rob Rideout screwed with this post 02-12-2013 at 11:53 AM Reason: fat thumbs
Rob Rideout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:54 AM   #53677
XR650L_Dave
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfixit54016 View Post
OK, I will admit that I always loved my Honda ATC 200X that I had as a teenager, so I am sitting here drooling over this beast. The cool thing here is that this is a XR650L that has been turned into a STREET LEGAL trike! They do it with goldwings, so why not try it with an XRL and hit the ATV trails with it?

Maybe the cabin fever is just setting in finally. I have a trip planned for the end of February to go snowmobiling in the UP of Michigan with a bunch of guys for 3 days. That oughta get me feeling better...

This crazy nasty thing is actually quite close to me. I assume it uses the XR650L frame, and in NY keeping it on 3 wheels keeps it a motorcycle.

Personally I think for street a quad would be better, if it's going to have a live axle. On a quad you can easily lift one rear tire enough to scrub it and turn with the gas on!

I was thinking what a cool snow-beast it would make with the right tires.

I have to admit if I had 5 grand just laying around I would probably buy this just because of the sheer wrongness of it!
Old 02-12-2013, 11:54 AM   #53678
XR BADGER
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
Gorman

Thanks everyone for all the help with the new bike. Here is a pic from Gorman a few weeks ago. Fun and terrifying ride in slick mud, snow and ice on stock tires she now has D606 rear and a desert front..way better .
Old 02-12-2013, 12:03 PM   #53679
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR650L_Dave View Post
This crazy nasty thing is actually quite close to me. I assume it uses the XR650L frame, and in NY keeping it on 3 wheels keeps it a motorcycle.

Personally I think for street a quad would be better, if it's going to have a live axle. On a quad you can easily lift one rear tire enough to scrub it and turn with the gas on!

I was thinking what a cool snow-beast it would make with the right tires.

I have to admit if I had 5 grand just laying around I would probably buy this just because of the sheer wrongness of it!

Okay. Here's a another photograph.

He needs to secure the front brake line, and route it inside the fork. He also needs to lengthen the rear brake line, and secure it to the swingarm.

Spud

Spud Rider screwed with this post 02-12-2013 at 12:09 PM
Old 02-12-2013, 12:06 PM   #53680
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR BADGER View Post
Thanks everyone for all the help with the new bike. Here is a pic from Gorman a few weeks ago. Fun and terrifying ride in slick mud, snow and ice on stock tires she now has D606 rear and a desert front..way better .
Thanks for posting the photo. Your bike looks good. What front fender did you install?

Spud

Spud Rider screwed with this post 02-12-2013 at 02:24 PM
Old 02-12-2013, 12:13 PM   #53681
XR BADGER
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
Quote:
Thanks for posting the photo. You bike looks good. What front fender did you install?

Spud
Thank you Spud, I am always envious of your ride and photos, so thought I would try to get some posted. It is a CRF 450 front. Also, from your recommendations and posts I put the moose 15t CS on last week. I did need to coax it quite a bit, and shave the retainer, about a paint layer thickness to make it work, but it is on.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:16 PM   #53682
flyingwombat
frozen dead guy

Oddometer: 713
Quote:
What whistle are you guys talking about? I never heard a whistle. You sure you didn't install whistle tips? Do I need to call Bubb Rubb?
Old 02-12-2013, 12:41 PM   #53683
XR650L_Dave
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingwombat View Post
what whistle are you guys talking about? I never heard a whistle. You sure you didn't install whistle tips? Do i need to call bubb rubb?

whooop- whooooooop!!!!!
Old 02-12-2013, 02:12 PM   #53684
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR BADGER View Post
Thank you Spud, I am always envious of your ride and photos, so thought I would try to get some posted. It is a CRF 450 front. Also, from your recommendations and posts I put the moose 15t CS on last week. I did need to coax it quite a bit, and shave the retainer, about a paint layer thickness to make it work, but it is on.
You're welcome. I'm glad you got the XRR C/S sprocket installed. If the Moose Racing sprocket required some coaxing, you would surely have been frustrated trying to install some of the other, thicker sprockets. After riding a few thousand miles, you will be able to easily remove and install the Moose Racing C/S sprocket by hand.

Spud
Old 02-12-2013, 02:20 PM   #53685
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,604
Quote:
My bike doesn't even have a whistle.

Quote:

Okay. Here's a another photograph.
Did you all notice the smog crap is still on?

bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote