Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2013, 09:39 PM   #54751
mendoteach
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by mendoteach View Post
Not once Spud starts posting pictures of scantly clad women all bets are off. I always counted on him to set the bar for all things proper and acceptable. Now, this thread will continue to degenerate.
I should use more emoticons. The above was supposed to make Spud
mendoteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:04 AM   #54752
RZRob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by techforlife View Post
Don`t recall ever repairing one for you Fritz......actually i owe you one for free.......so shut the f up

I don`t want to repair them anymore unless the owner can`t do it themselves..that`s why i put the thread up on TT so people could repair them theirselves.........

I charge to do it now...a whole whooping 25 bucks and that includes return shipping........let`s see you do it cheaper.......

B
That's too cheap. I feel like I may need to jump in and give it a try. I'd send it to you, but clearly you're not in it for the money and I'd feel guilty. I might as well experiment following your thread. Thanks,

RZ Rob
RZRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:23 AM   #54753
HeadTrauma
\_(ツ)_/

Oddometer: 1,260
Too bad the stock CDI can't handle a trip through a reflow oven... like cooking a RRODed Xbox board to get the GPU working again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONandOFF View Post
Reminds me how we used to take assemblies with boards to a special lab to have them tested on the "vibration table". They had to pass a certain g-level acceleration in various axes over a specific timeframe in order to qualify for certain standards.
Some ICs are in sockets too...including the processors.
HeadTrauma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:09 AM   #54754
techforlife
CDI REPAIR

Oddometer: 4,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by RZRob View Post
That's too cheap. I feel like I may need to jump in and give it a try. I'd send it to you, but clearly you're not in it for the money and I'd feel guilty. I might as well experiment following your thread. Thanks,

RZ Rob
I can still do it Rob......i just posted the thread for people that want to try...pm me if you it done....not everything has to about money,this clearly isn`t,this is something i do to help people out...i enjoy doing that...

I was getting flooded with repairs and got screwed by a few newbies that refused to pay after,,so i started the thread..i used to do them for free..but after losing money on those few i had to stop...

Don`t feel quilty.....it`s kinda my way of paying it forward....

B
01 XR650L,102mm JE 11.25:1..NX650 second gear,FMX650 fifth gear,ported CW head,KW valve train,MegaCycle 173X25.FCR MX pumper.42/158 NVCT needle.Cycra probend CRM,Scott`s sharkfin,Xr`s Only casesaver.FMF "Q2",Sutton Oil Cooler,Clarke 4.0,Red XR`s Only skidplate,Doubletake mirrors,Manracks Rotopax rack..one Minature Schnauzer
techforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:10 AM   #54755
techforlife
CDI REPAIR

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadTrauma View Post
Too bad the stock CDI can't handle a trip through a reflow oven... like cooking a RRODed Xbox board to get the GPU working again.

Some ICs are in sockets too...including the processors.
Old Dog said he did...but with the relay and other plastic parts on the board i wouldn`t do it..

B
01 XR650L,102mm JE 11.25:1..NX650 second gear,FMX650 fifth gear,ported CW head,KW valve train,MegaCycle 173X25.FCR MX pumper.42/158 NVCT needle.Cycra probend CRM,Scott`s sharkfin,Xr`s Only casesaver.FMF "Q2",Sutton Oil Cooler,Clarke 4.0,Red XR`s Only skidplate,Doubletake mirrors,Manracks Rotopax rack..one Minature Schnauzer
Old 02-25-2013, 04:47 AM   #54756
mrfixit54016
Wisconsin Dual Sporter

Oddometer: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlinjames View Post
failed daves mod
uni filter and smog block off
might go to a pumper carb if i cant figure out this carb. I live at about 100 above sea level and ride up to maybe 5000 on the wapdr
Marlin james,

I have sent a couple PMs to you but I did not receive a reply. Can you let me know if you got them please?
1983 XL100S
1985 ATC250ES
mrfixit54016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:20 AM   #54757
XR BADGER
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
Quote:
What do you know i "found" one...

Im having some carb issues after my daves mod and am about to beat the
f-er with a hammer. fritz has been helping me but i havent had much luck. im about to take it to the honda shop. but thinking if i decide to do that route i should just put that money towards a pumper carb.
my question: is the procycle.us one better than the xr only carb? or is there another carb i should look at?
and will any exhaust give me an increase in power?
Hello Marlin, I did Dave's mods and my bike was running a little rough after. My problem turned out to be the choke cable was too tight. Once I loosened the adjuster up by the bars, the problem of running a little off was fixed. Just my .02 cents, and something that was easy to fix. You probably already checked this, but figured I would put it out there.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:40 AM   #54758
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

Oddometer: 6,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by techforlife View Post
Don`t recall ever repairing one for you Fritz......actually i owe you one for free.......so shut the f up

I don`t want to repair them anymore unless the owner can`t do it themselves..that`s why i put the thread up on TT so people could repair them theirselves.........

I charge to do it now...a whole whooping 25 bucks and that includes return shipping........let`s see you do it cheaper.......

B
Aren't you glad I'm a nice guy. I don't get all bent out of shape when someone tells me to F--Ken shut up!
I just threw in the " cost you your shirt" to be funny. You know what funny is right? remember funny?
But I'll tell you this "Mr. let's see you do it cheaper", I can fix a CDI 99% more quickly than you with a 99.99% reduction in labor at a 75% increase in cost. ( ie: I'd have to got buty a new one).
I dont remember why you owe me a repair, was it because you beat me down with a stick on the price of the helmet I was selling?
86 Husky 400 XCE, 00 Husky Te 610 e, 1999 Husky TC610 SM, 2000 Cagiva GC; Google: TX7
fritzcoinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:49 AM   #54759
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Oddometer: 5,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumpnRed View Post
Compared to a pumper carb, the stocker is an exercise in simplicity. If you are having trouble getting the stocker to work, a Keihin FCR may make you crazy. Mikuni's are known to make grown men cry.
That's what I thought when I read about that... out of the frying pan and into the fire!

Some previous carburetor work experience should be a prerequisite to attempting Dave's mods. As simple as it is for one accustomed to working on carbs, it's not what I'd consider a suitable candidate for a first-timer.
Let's ride!!! - No offense, but there've been a lot of people over time who were just as sure, yet got it wrong. - Una necedad, aunque la repitan millones de bocas, no deja de ser una necedad. - "you know that I could have me a million more friends and all I'd have to lose is my point of view" (Prine)
ONandOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:57 AM   #54760
ThumpnRed
Pig Wrangler

Oddometer: 2,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by mendoteach View Post
I was being totally sarcastic Spud. No offense taken, I loved it! You must have missed my supermodel rental comments. I just got an extra kick out of you of all people reinforcing my comments with a NICE visual analogy.
I was afraid we were going to lose the spud eye candy
Teach's fault!!!!!
ThumpnRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:59 AM   #54761
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumpnRed View Post
I was afraid we were going to lose the spud eye candy
Teach's fault!!!!!

Thread Police!
Let's ride!!! - No offense, but there've been a lot of people over time who were just as sure, yet got it wrong. - Una necedad, aunque la repitan millones de bocas, no deja de ser una necedad. - "you know that I could have me a million more friends and all I'd have to lose is my point of view" (Prine)
Old 02-25-2013, 06:10 AM   #54762
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

Oddometer: 6,376
Quote:
What do you know i "found" one...

Im having some carb issues after my daves mod and am about to beat the
f-er with a hammer. fritz has been helping me but i havent had much luck. im about to take it to the honda shop. but thinking if i decide to do that route i should just put that money towards a pumper carb.
my question: is the procycle.us one better than the xr only carb? or is there another carb i should look at?
and will any exhaust give me an increase in power?
Others please chime in. One thing I see from the photos you sent is the line that is capped in the first pic., my 96 does not have this nipple. Can someone post a pic of the vac hose routing for his year? One is vent and one is vac to the slide.

The photo below: With cable in this position, cable and plunger straight, measure from end of the black plastic fitting to the sholder of the large daimeter of the plunger to set choke ( .04 to .08 inch )

86 Husky 400 XCE, 00 Husky Te 610 e, 1999 Husky TC610 SM, 2000 Cagiva GC; Google: TX7
fritzcoinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:23 AM   #54763
super samurai
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 316

Not sure how most of you store your bike but mine is in a nice warm garage.
Infact its so toasty my thermometer is reading warm and it has not moved since purpledrake was here.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:36 AM   #54764
techforlife
CDI REPAIR

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzcoinc View Post
Aren't you glad I'm a nice guy. I don't get all bent out of shape when someone tells me to F--Ken shut up!
I just threw in the " cost you your shirt" to be funny. You know what funny is right? remember funny?
But I'll tell you this "Mr. let's see you do it cheaper", I can fix a CDI 99% more quickly than you with a 99.99% reduction in labor at a 75% increase in cost. ( ie: I'd have to got buty a new one).
I dont remember why you owe me a repair, was it because you beat me down with a stick on the price of the helmet I was selling?

Because i screwed you on the helmet

I say to "go fuck yourself" in the nicest way though.

Love ya Fritz,,really

wanna hug

B
Old 02-25-2013, 06:51 AM   #54765
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzcoinc View Post
Others please chime in. One thing I see from the photos you sent is the line that is capped in the first pic., my 96 does not have this nipple. Can someone post a pic of the vac hose routing for his year? One is vent and one is vac to the slide.

..., measure from end of the black plastic fitting to the sholder of the large daimeter of the plunger to set choke ( .04 to .08 inch )...[/IMG]
Mine doesn't have that extra nipple next to the slide vacuum nipple at the top. Could be an "improvement"; better wait for Steve.

I didn't take my choke or throttle cables off to work on the carb, nor to take the engine out. Extra work.