Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2013, 02:30 PM   #55321
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Oddometer: 5,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra Thumper View Post
I got sick of a fellow inmates lousy attitude towards everybody... Getting banned for a week....meaningless Saying what needs to be said (and what nobody else will) and getting under an a-holes skin bigtime......priceless ...
Wow! And I just had the idea to PM you. I figured you went for a trip or something. Just hoping it wasn't the hospital. Glad you said what needed to be said. You're a fair-minded hot-head.
Let's ride!!! - No offense, but there've been a lot of people over time who were just as sure, yet got it wrong. - Una necedad, aunque la repitan millones de bocas, no deja de ser una necedad. - "you know that I could have me a million more friends and all I'd have to lose is my point of view" (Prine)
ONandOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:51 PM   #55322
Sierra Thumper
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by mendoteach View Post
True, my personal comaint is with their service. My point is if you don't have it together enough to ship things out reliably, or commincate basic info. over the phone, how can you make good, informed judgements about the products you carry? When I was new to the L I called them and picked their brains and they didn't seem to be very knowledgeable about a bike they claim to specialize in. Not very confidence inspiring to be sure.

The Hot Cam may be great, but I won't try one. I have never seen a stock cam, a Megacycle, CW or Webcam fail like the Hot Cams have on the L. Maybe the Hot Cams are great, and that only ham fisted mechanics gravitate towards them and not other brands, but I doubt it. Since the Hot Cams are all new, as opposed to regrinds, I'm guessing there is some inconsistency in their heat treating. Hot Cams sells their cams in the zillions, so maybe they have quality control issues? Maybe the way they make a cam, doesn't play we'll with the L motor? I see lots of them in moto bikes, put in by total hacks that work fine, so...? Putting a cam into the L isn't that hard and there isn't that much to mess up, so Hot Cams numerous failures compared the the ZERO I've seen on others cams is suspect. Just sayin'

One more thing, thanks for telling me that if it's on the Internet it's not always true, I can finally stop reading up on and worrying about chemtrails.
I've had the same experience with Sudco and their carbs
Old 03-05-2013, 03:00 PM   #55323
Sierra Thumper
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsalvadorklr View Post
welcome back bud...
Thanks Christian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONandOFF View Post
Wow! And I just had the idea to PM you. I figured you went for a trip or something. Just hoping it wasn't the hospital. Glad you said what needed to be said. You're a fair-minded hot-head.
I try to be
I see I have a pm from you, I'll be responding shortly
Old 03-05-2013, 03:02 PM   #55324
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,652
Quote:
the weather is horrible...
50 is horrible? WTF? What do want, sunny and 80?

bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:04 PM   #55325
techforlife
CDI REPAIR

Oddometer: 4,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkyacht View Post
I'm still working on mine but here's a few pics. I linexed all the plastic. I have a black seat cover on order, and a few other things to do but its getting there.

Dave

I wonder what`s going to happen when the fumes leaching through the tank liquify that coating.........could be a nasty mess all over your pants....or may just peel off,keep us updated on how that works out..

B
01 XR650L,102mm JE 11.25:1..NX650 second gear,FMX650 fifth gear,ported CW head,KW valve train,MegaCycle 173X25.FCR MX pumper.42/158 NVCT needle.Cycra probend CRM,Scott`s sharkfin,Xr`s Only casesaver.FMF "Q2",Sutton Oil Cooler,Clarke 4.0,Red XR`s Only skidplate,Doubletake mirrors,Manracks Rotopax rack..one Minature Schnauzer
techforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:12 PM   #55326
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwalsh View Post
50 is horrible? WTF? What do want, sunny and 80?
Last night?

And yes, sunny and 80 would be perfect. Looking forward to it. Anxiously!
Let's ride!!! - No offense, but there've been a lot of people over time who were just as sure, yet got it wrong. - Una necedad, aunque la repitan millones de bocas, no deja de ser una necedad. - "you know that I could have me a million more friends and all I'd have to lose is my point of view" (Prine)
Old 03-05-2013, 03:14 PM   #55327
Sierra Thumper
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone14s View Post
I can say one thing about there product.
I bought a IMS tank with the XR's Al baker decals on it. The decal where on the tank a year before I bought it. They have yet to show any prospect of pealing off around the edges yet.
Although I have read here that they are not making them anymore....to bad, nice item. This is the reason I was looking at the other items they have on there web site.

Sorry, I did not mean to start a rant by anyone about XR's only. I like reading good pos. feed back on a product when I saw the comments here.
In this case it looks to me that it's not the product but the vendor that may be the problem.

Kurt
I bought the IMS tank decals about 4 months ago now I believe.....they got to me with no delays, and went on pretty well. They aren't sticking perfect, but considering how hard it is to get ANYthing to stick to an 8 year old plastic tank they're doing pretty good. For a dirt bike I'm happy with them, really did a great job of sharpening up the bikes looks, and hiding the yellowing/use to be white tank.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:20 PM   #55328
katbeanz
earthbound misfit, I

Oddometer: 7,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra Thumper View Post
I got sick of a fellow inmates lousy attitude towards everybody, and called them on it, full well knowing I'd get a banning for it, but it was WELL worth it
Getting banned for a week....meaningless
but there'll be plenty of forum legal attitude from me, from now on, everytime I come across that indivdual. Its going to be fun....for me anyway
Thanks for taking one for the team. In disbelief that went on for so long. I'll do my part, and encourage others to become familiar with the "report this" button.

I don't mind the facebookish blah blah blah posts so much, but I won't name names.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:21 PM   #55329
Sierra Thumper
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_ruben View Post
I'm not one one them douche. I built Ducati motors, vintage CB motors, and this motor is not string theory.

This same motor is running strong 2,500 miles later.
Some people shouldn't post sucka!
Don't quote that .....it defeats the purpose of most of us ignoring him
Old 03-05-2013, 03:28 PM   #55330
katbeanz
earthbound misfit, I

Oddometer: 7,377
For my xrl buds.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/profi...?do=ignorelist

It will take you to your own ignore list, so you can add someone without showing up on their recent profile visitors list.

Originally posted by Klay, for credit where it's due.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:38 PM   #55331
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

Oddometer: 6,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3girlsdad View Post
that's the reason i've ignored your previous comments/posts. you seem to think you know more than everyone else, and are faster than everyone else. and you don't even frickin know me. it's just like many other things... if you have to tell people you are this or that, your are probably not this or that.

now, where is that IGNORE button for certain people on here again...
Hey, don't touch, back up. have a little respect for your elders. ! If OnandOFF has done as much as he claims he must be 250 yrears old!!!!

Ah, I crack myself up sometimes.

But old OnandOff and I are on the same page. We've been using the same stock suspension and jets since WWII.
SONNY!

And another thing whipper snapper, ( waving my cane wildly ) who is so bold to think they know SO much that they can ingor anything someone else might have to say?
I know I'm the first to pitch a bitch but that is only after I have considered the other side of the coin. I do however ingor my wife sometimes. Please don't tell?
*$%#& kids!!!!
86 Husky 400 XCE, 00 Husky Te 610 e, 1999 Husky TC610 SM, 2000 Cagiva GC; Google: TX7

fritzcoinc screwed with this post 03-05-2013 at 03:50 PM
fritzcoinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:52 PM   #55332
mendoteach
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,414
Quote:
Well, it's clear you have a rationale for your thoughts here. I do, those screws suck and were put on way too tight. I'm a pretty strong guy and the ones I could get out had me nearly having a coronary Nothing wrong with that. And I understand exactly where you're coming from. But I'm thinking, why do I want to get some other screws if I can work with these?[COLOR="rgb(154, 205, 50)"]Umm...'cause other screws are better and the tools that fit them are widely available?[/COLOR]If you could have worked the one on this carb you are a lot more talented than me It's possible to find "standard #2" phillips drivers that fit those screws quite well enough to use them over and over again with no sign of damage when your hand is trained to detect good fit. I lucked out and found one in a hardware store, on sale, that fits perfectly, without resorting to searching for a specialty one. I'm old, and cantakerous, slow and lazy, so I learn tricks to help offset that.
In short

I'm thinking it easier to pay $1.50 for 4 stainless steel Allen/hex bolts that that to search for a perfect screwdriver. If one of my 50 don't fit, than piss on those screws. Aside from that the Phillips style head is lame for auto/motorcycle fasteners, unless you need a flush fit in a something very thin. I found a screwdriver that fit with nearly zero play, has a big rubber grip and I pushed and turned for all I was worth; the screwdriver didn't detectably lift and turned right through the screw. The screws were WAY tighter than they need be (especially considering that ANYONE is going to put new jets in a new carb), and softer than is necessary. I'm young (well, fairly), opinionated and critical. I think those screws are lame, and shouldn't be put on motorcycles and if they are they run a sporting chance of being stripped by somebody who doesn't want to go search the hardwares for store for some slightly different and may slightly better #2 Phillips in the chance that it fit a screw standard not used in the United States nearly at all.

Now, I feel better. Time to fire up the Dremel when I get home.
mendoteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:02 PM   #55333
3girlsdad
aka FiddyK

Oddometer: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzcoinc View Post
And another thing whipper snapper, ( waving my cane wildly ) who is so bold to think they know SO much that they can ingor anything someone else might have to say?
I know I'm the first to pitch a bitch but that is only after I have considered the other side of the coin. I do however ingor my wife sometimes.
fritz, i don't ignore advice. i ignore snarky smart @ss comments i'm always up for listening to both sides of the coin. he was apparently joking, which i didn't get. i don't think many others do either.
2008 Honda XR650L - (gone)
3girlsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:08 PM   #55334
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

Oddometer: 6,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3girlsdad View Post
fritz, i don't ignore advice. i ignore snarky smart @ss comments i'm always up for listening to both sides of the coin. he was apparently joking, which i didn't get. i don't think many others do either.

You gota roll with it man. We Texans set the bar and have got to show these other slobs we are above intimidation like that.

INCOMMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

86 Husky 400 XCE, 00 Husky Te 610 e, 1999 Husky TC610 SM, 2000 Cagiva GC; Google: TX7
fritzcoinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:30 PM   #55335
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Fritzie
Quote:
Originally Posted by mendoteach View Post
In short

I'm thinking it easier to pay $1.50 for 4 stainless steel Allen/hex bolts that that to search for a perfect screwdriver. If one of my 50 don't fit, than piss on those screws. Aside from that the Phillips style head is lame for auto/motorcycle fasteners, unless you need a flush fit in a something very thin. I found a screwdriver that fit with nearly zero play, has a big rubber grip and I pushed and turned for all I was worth; the screwdriver didn't detectably lift and turned right through the screw. The screws were WAY tighter than they need be (especially considering that ANYONE is going to put new jets in a new carb), and softer than is necessary. I'm young (well, fairly), opinionated and critical. I think those screws are lame, and shouldn't be put on motorcycles and if they are they run a sporting chance of being stripped by somebody who doesn't want to go search the hardwares for store for some slightly different and may slightly better #2 Phillips in the chance that it fit a screw standard not used in the United States nearly at all.

Now, I feel better. Time to fire up the Dremel when I get home.

Go ahead... what do you really think of those screws?

I think you should be relieved to realize how lucky you are not to have grown up in the era of flat-bladed screws and drivers. The Phillips is a God-send!

ONandOFF screwed with this post 03-05-2013 at 04:43 PM