Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2013, 06:10 AM   #55681
taco250
wannabe adventurer

Oddometer: 1,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny61 View Post
I have an 02 KTM 200EXC I started racing NETRA enduros and harescrambles last year. After a 20 year hiatus from bike riding. I thought I was in decent shape until about 5 minutes into my first race. At one point I got offthe buke pulled my helmet and laid down to die, I only wound up catching my breath and abusing my self some more but then thats what us Jarheads do isnt it?

I really look forward to the day that a few extra HP, a different fork oil, 2mm more airspace or 2 clicks on the compression will give me the extra edge to beat the the girl in front of me...

Kenny,

You either got really big balls to be taking on a race like that or... you're really stupid. I'll chose option 1.

www.benddualsport.com

300+ mile Paisley OR day ride
taco250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:23 AM   #55682
mhking
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlinjames View Post
Thanks guys. Glad to see you're alive Spud
Another quick question. i put LED's on today and had the 4 way flasher thing happen. so i cut the wire going into the dash for the light. "easier than taking it all apart" But i really like having the indicator to remind me i left the blinker on. any suggestions on what to do?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
This is what SPUD posted when i did my LED changeover . Im thinking about doin this myself but even with the light I forget that its on so it doesnt really bother me I just push my blinker alot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud Rider View Post
If you want your turn signal indicator to work, you need to solder a couple of diodes into the wires leading to the indicator bulb, and wire the indicator bulb directly to ground. You can also purchase one of the Kuryakyn diode kits.

http://www.kuryakyn.com/products/719/diode-kit

Here's the way you wire the diodes into the circuit.

The Kuryakyn installation instructions are available at the following link.

http://www.kuryakyn.com/documents/in...-21MC-0911.pdf

Spud
Old 03-09-2013, 06:31 AM   #55683
JWhitmore44
pistolero

Oddometer: 1,560
Quote:
I just bought a case guard from manracks.com, wondering what you guys used to mount it to the engine.
I'm thinking of using red rtv silicone
Mine ain't near as pretty as Spuds :) I had some of that quick steel stuff that you mix like play-do, clean both surfaces good ( a little brake cleaner or carb cleaner works great), press the play-do steel on the back of the guard evenly, press guard on case where you want it. Give it an hour or two and call it good
Old 03-09-2013, 06:32 AM   #55684
JWhitmore44
pistolero

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffman300 View Post
finished light install.if anybody is interested in a light kit [light,brackets and switch] let me know im thinking of putting some together if i can get enough orders.not sure on a price yet im getting a quote on getting the brackets made next week. the light is 36w 3.3amp led flood.

I wold consider it, but it would block air flow to my oil cooler. Other than that, looks like a neat idea.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:33 AM   #55685
joexr
Banned

Oddometer: 3,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by mendoteach View Post
The first twin chamber forks on a motorcycle were on the '99 RM250. 49mm beasts too. When I first took them apart I was baffled. Now, we are at no springs. Ryan Dungey has been riding a springless shock, well until he had a failure anyway.
Fox had air shocks in the 70s.
joexr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:33 AM   #55686
JWhitmore44
pistolero

Quote:
Originally Posted by katbeanz View Post

Oh man, got to get up there one of these days. Nice pics
Old 03-09-2013, 06:40 AM   #55687
joexr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RZRob View Post
Reminds me. I've got a Coats 220 Tire Machine & Telefix Balancer. I tell friends I'll mount and balance a tire for a 6 pack. If they help, they can help drink the 6 pack.

This seems to work well.

RZ Rob
I usually charge double if somebody helps.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:44 AM   #55688
joexr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhking View Post
This is what SPUD posted when i did my LED changeover . Im thinking about doin this myself but even with the light I forget that its on so it doesnt really bother me I just push my blinker alot.
Well this is a new one. Somebody else posting info from Spud that he got from someone else anyway.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:51 AM   #55689
mhking
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by joexr View Post
Well this is a new one. Somebody else posting info from Spud that he got from someone else anyway.
Doesnt bother me any as long as hit helps.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:51 AM   #55690
joexr
Banned

So you guys out west. You post all of these great pix. Do you have to stay on the dirt roads or can you go up the side of a mountain if you want to ? It sounds like out there you cant ride somewhere unless someone says you can. Most places Ive ridden in the east you can unless someone says you cant.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:03 AM   #55691
ltcole
Herpetologist

Oddometer: 88
Quote:
So you guys out west. You post all of these great pix. Do you have to stay on the dirt roads or can you go up the side of a mountain if you want to ? It sounds like out there you cant ride somewhere unless someone says you can. Most places Ive ridden in the east you can unless someone says you cant.
I don't know about everywhere, but there are certain areas that are travel restricted. This means no offroad travel. There are designated areas usually where you can ride whereever you want.

Most of the time I like to practice tread lightly and stay on designated paths (even if it is a cow path).
Old 03-09-2013, 07:15 AM   #55692
mendoteach
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,366
Quote:
Fox had air shocks in the 70s.
True.
mendoteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:22 AM   #55693
mendoteach
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,366
Quote:
For the most part where I live in California (not sure about the desert or barren mountains) you are asked/highly encouraged to ride only on the roads or trails. I guess this is fine since I don't have the skill to ride over fallen redwoods. A five diameter fir I can handle fine, but anything bigger than that and I'm toast The OHV areas around my house are highly managed, almost like a ski area. Trails are marked including for difficulty and certain areas are blocked off to keep people out(they weren't when I was young) and they close if they get too much rain.
mendoteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:24 AM   #55694
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

Oddometer: 6,323
Quote:
I just bought a case guard from manracks.com, wondering what you guys used to mount it to the engine.
I'm thinking of using red rtv silicone

I used RTV and aluminum pop rivets to hold this RedNeck home brew case saver on. There is plenty of room between stator and cover for pop rivet head. I think the RTV silicone is a better choice than JB Weld because the silicone provides a cushion between the case and saver to absorb impacts.

86 Husky 400 XCE, 00 Husky Te 610 e, 1999 Husky TC610 SM, 2000 Cagiva GC; Google: TX7

fritzcoinc screwed with this post 03-09-2013 at 08:27 AM
fritzcoinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:43 AM   #55695
katbeanz
earthbound misfit, I

Oddometer: 7,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWhitmore44 View Post
Oh man, got to get up there one of these days. Nice pics
The KLR with me didn't make it, but I won't say who cause he's a mod. That was probably my 6th time on Mosquito, #10-12 on Black Bear.
Weston Pass to make a loop, then Mt Bross is good to combine with Mosquito, you can ride to over 14kft. Other than to say BTDT Brown's and Breakneck passes aren't worth the trouble.

Almost all our snow has melted.

katbeanz screwed with this post 03-09-2013 at 08:15 AM
katbeanz is offline   Reply With Quote