Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2013, 05:50 PM   #55741
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

Oddometer: 6,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny61 View Post
It obvious the squirrel is posing since he is wedged in against the chain direction

Or he could not run fast enough!

I know that dosen't work either but sure sounds funny.
86 Husky 400 XCE, 00 Husky Te 610 e, 1999 Husky TC610 SM, 2000 Cagiva GC; Google: TX7
fritzcoinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:31 PM   #55742
JWhitmore44
pistolero

Oddometer: 1,576
Quote:
Originally Posted by joexr View Post
So you guys out west. You post all of these great pix. Do you have to stay on the dirt roads or can you go up the side of a mountain if you want to ? It sounds like out there you cant ride somewhere unless someone says you can. Most places Ive ridden in the east you can unless someone says you cant.
When you are in national forest you are supposed to stay on the designated trails. Making your own trails can cause erosion, and there are plenty of trails to ride on. The whole "Stay the Trail" project and Tread Lightly is based on informing folks they need to stay on the designated trails rather than destroying hillsides, tearing up meadows and marshes, and creating bypasses. Sounds like in the east you don't have the erosion problem like in the west. A trail or a trench dug up the side of a mountain can turn into a gully pretty easily. The grass i those mountains is fairly sparse and heavy but short rains wash out the soil easily. Course private ground, if you have permission to ride it, you can do what ever you want. Course if you tear up a hillside and mess up a creek you could get in big trouble for affecting someone else water rights.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:37 PM   #55743
JWhitmore44
pistolero

Quote:
Originally Posted by katbeanz View Post
The KLR with me didn't make it, but I won't say who cause he's a mod. That was probably my 6th time on Mosquito, #10-12 on Black Bear.
Weston Pass to make a loop, then Mt Bross is good to combine with Mosquito, you can ride to over 14kft. Other than to say BTDT Brown's and Breakneck passes aren't worth the trouble.

Almost all our snow has melted.
Good stuff, thanks! Black Bear is another one I'd really like to ride. I'm not sure I can get my riding buddy to go with me though (hmm, KLR riders ).

All our snow was pretty much gone. Was almost 70 hear last Sunday and got some riding in. Good thing because we got horizontal snow tonight and supposed to get 3 to 7 inches. Then back to 55 degrees on Monday spring weather I guess
Old 03-09-2013, 06:40 PM   #55744
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,656
In case anyone was wondering, the Tusk D-Flex Handguard Big Bar Adaptors work very well with the Pro Taper Contour Handlebars.

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/...ig+bar+adapter

I installed a pair of Tusk D-Flex Handguards this afternoon using the Big Bar Adapters, and the job was very straightforward, without any complications. The Pro Taper Contour Handlebars and Tusk D-Flex Hanguards combine for a very tidy, and a very strong configuration.

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil

Spud Rider screwed with this post 03-13-2013 at 10:22 PM
Spud Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:40 PM   #55745
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Oddometer: 5,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzcoinc View Post
.... If your theroy is correct, the hole for the timming marks, crank bolt, and the holes that hold the case in place are a problem. I think drilled holes if spread out pose no problem. What do ya'll think? ...
Sure, a majority vote is what determines structural integrity, that's why when they are going to build a bridge they call a meeting at the high school, everybody comes and tells them if their designs pose a problem or not. Public engineering, let's call it. That way when it phuggs up, no one in particular is at fault, everyone is. Looked good to us...

IT IS possible that the factory holes you mentioned are strengthed with bosses, yes?

In your case, you patched the cover which was already toast, so it's really not a point for discussion whether the rivet hole compromised the strength of YOUR patched cover or not.

Let's ride!!! - No offense, but there've been a lot of people over time who were just as sure, yet got it wrong. - Una necedad, aunque la repitan millones de bocas, no deja de ser una necedad. - "you know that I could have me a million more friends and all I'd have to lose is my point of view" (Prine)
ONandOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:42 PM   #55746
mendoteach
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,427
Quote:
Thanks!
Not powder coat, but a PTFE coating.
I think it looks very OEM ish ish ish
Got it and many other parts coated here:
http://www.polydyn.com/industrial_coatings.htm

Here's another phot of the left side case.
How's the durability and what's the cost?
mendoteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:48 PM   #55747
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mendoteach View Post
How's the durability and what's the cost?
Durbility was fair. But that made it look like it came with the 96 model bike almost right away. I think it was $75 or so. They blast clean first. I have had seveal items coated by those guys mostly experments to increase wear life and to eliminate corrosion. Their coating DO eliminate corrosion but the increase in wear life is hard to measure. Slipery coatings on the axles is the only thing that has paid off big time. You can just about throw the axle through the hole.

The other side, new:

Axle before:

After:
86 Husky 400 XCE, 00 Husky Te 610 e, 1999 Husky TC610 SM, 2000 Cagiva GC; Google: TX7

fritzcoinc screwed with this post 03-09-2013 at 06:58 PM
Old 03-09-2013, 06:52 PM   #55748
mendoteach
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pngaudioguy View Post
I think that was his way of checking who actually looked at the picture. I didn't even notice until you pointed it out!

Edit: I have had several Rochefort 8's, a 10, a Delirium Tremens, and a few fingers of Caol Ila this evening...
Your beer situation makes me sooooo envious!
Old 03-09-2013, 06:53 PM   #55749
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONandOFF View Post
Sure, a majority vote is what determines structural integrity, that's why when they are going to build a bridge they call a meeting at the high school, everybody comes and tells them if their designs pose a problem or not. Public engineering, let's call it. That way when it phuggs up, no one in particular is at fault, everyone is. Looked good to us...

IT IS possible that the factory holes you mentioned are strengthed with bosses, yes?

In your case, you patched the cover which was already toast, so it's really not a point for discussion whether the rivet hole compromised the strength of YOUR patched cover or not.

Yeah, but not the holes that hold the cover on, they are prety frail. The saver/patch is stainless steel. I would think it would have the strength to spread the impact load out through the silicone far enough to not stress the drilled holes too very much. We will see the next time I am in the garage working on my bike.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:56 PM   #55750
mendoteach
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Farting = backfire?
Yes. Fritz, how come everybody gives you so much shit?
Old 03-09-2013, 06:56 PM   #55751
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWhitmore44 View Post
When you are in national forest you are supposed to stay on the designated trails. Making your own trails can cause erosion, .... Sounds like in the east you don't have the erosion problem like in the west. ....
I'm not sure where you are getting that impression about the East. We have soil, rain, and slopes, just like most places, and erosion in our watershed is of particular concern lately due to problems with the Chesapeake Bay. In our forests here, we are not simply "supposed" to stay on designated roads, but are MANDATED by law, they don't take it lightly, and the fines are pretty severe.
Let's ride!!! - No offense, but there've been a lot of people over time who were just as sure, yet got it wrong. - Una necedad, aunque la repitan millones de bocas, no deja de ser una necedad. - "you know that I could have me a million more friends and all I'd have to lose is my point of view" (Prine)
Old 03-09-2013, 06:59 PM   #55752
mendoteach
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:

I drill or bore out all holes with a reamer, otherwise known as a Phillips screwdriver
Old 03-09-2013, 07:05 PM   #55753
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Quote:
Originally Posted by mendoteach View Post
..Now, I'm heading out to the shop to practice my Phillips screwing technique.

Ya just won't give it a rest, willya? Not 'till you grow up some more, anyway.
I really don't think this is the forum in which to be discussing your love life.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:22 PM   #55754
JWhitmore44
pistolero

Quote:
I'm not sure where you are getting that impression about the East. We have soil, rain, and slopes, just like most places, and erosion in our watershed is of particular concern lately due to problems with the Chesapeake Bay. In our forests here, we are not simply "supposed" to stay on designated roads, but are MANDATED by law, they don't take it lightly, and the fines are pretty severe.
Guess you missed the part where joexr said he rides where ever he wants? But that's ok, read what ever part of that conversation you'd like.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:26 PM   #55755
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWhitmore44 View Post
Guess you missed the part where joexr said he rides where ever he wants? But that's ok, read what ever part of that conversation you'd like.
An immature person mocks or ridicules a person who shares his experience, while a mature person is grateful and appreciative.