Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2013, 12:10 PM   #55981
Olderslowerguy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzcoinc View Post
Anybody killed in that wreck?
Ha! No....this frame used to belong to Jerry Wood....it was in a garage fire at his home in Crystal River, Fl. He had the entire bike at the Octoberfest races at Daytona in 1998....I bought the bike for $300.00....all I really wanted was the engine...the bike itself didn't catch on fire, but the heat burned all the plastic up, along with the wiring. I pulled the engine and mounted it in the NT650 frame, bought a new wiring harness with all the elctronics, put gas in it, and it fired right up. All the black was residue from whatever it was the firemen used to put the fire out...
Old 03-12-2013, 12:15 PM   #55982
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olderslowerguy View Post
This what you are looking for?

Pretty close. I'm trying to get a "sight" down the sub frame tube, like placing the camera just off to the side of the sub frame where the turn signals bolt up, and looking toward the front...like the last pic but lower and closer and possibly looking down the inside of the sub frame.

Thanks for your help!

bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:04 PM   #55983
Olderslowerguy
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwalsh View Post
Pretty close. I'm trying to get a "sight" down the sub frame tube, like placing the camera just off to the side of the sub frame where the turn signals bolt up, and looking toward the front...like the last pic but lower and closer and possibly looking down the inside of the sub frame.

Thanks for your help!
Check your PMs!
Old 03-12-2013, 01:18 PM   #55984
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olderslowerguy
Check your PMs!

Got it. Thanks!

bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:51 PM   #55985
JWhitmore44
pistolero

Oddometer: 1,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwalsh View Post
So I sold the 08 XRL last week to help fund a little start up business. I came home last night with another Honda 250cc(242) beast. Just can't keep away.

It's not very fast but it has one hell of a stator!

That should handle some serious lighting
Old 03-12-2013, 03:02 PM   #55986
pngaudioguy
Just...one...more...

Oddometer: 478
Quote:
Ha! No....this frame used to belong to Jerry Wood....it was in a garage fire at his home in Crystal River, Fl. He had the entire bike at the Octoberfest races at Daytona in 1998....I bought the bike for $300.00....all I really wanted was the engine...the bike itself didn't catch on fire, but the heat burned all the plastic up, along with the wiring. I pulled the engine and mounted it in the NT650 frame, bought a new wiring harness with all the elctronics, put gas in it, and it fired right up. All the black was residue from whatever it was the firemen used to put the fire out...
Might be just my vision, but that frame looks pretty far from straight to me! The one side is pretty far below the other, etc? I think he was hoping for a reference off of a non-crashed condition frame...
pngaudioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:09 PM   #55987
Olderslowerguy
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pngaudioguy View Post
Might be just my vision, but that frame looks pretty far from straight to me! The one side is pretty far below the other, etc? I think he was hoping for a reference off of a non-crashed condition frame...
Nothing wrong with the frame....that was the first thing I checked....could have been just the way I took the pictures...
Old 03-12-2013, 03:47 PM   #55988
bgainey
n00b

Oddometer: 4
A few shots

Here are a few shots of my favorite DS, my XR!
2000 XR600, XR's only big bore kit, rewound stator to run some lights you can ride in the dark with! Some other carb I cant remember....
IMS tank and pegs, I welded extended cooling fins on the head after porting it, 2006 CRF450 forks with new springs and pro action valves, XR'S only head pipe and big gun pipe ceramic coated, excel wheels with talon hubs, oversized front rotor. Scott steering dampener, some other speedo/computer...
I just got under way with my rear cargo rack, now has lightening and strap holes.
I made some mounts to put the headlight on it, I can't remember where I picked it up but sure is BRIGHT, some LED lighting, bits here and there and the all important CA license plate! I'm sure theres more but its all fuzzy now!
I will make some mounts for passenger pegs next, it has been a great bike that I will continue to enjoy for years to come. I tend to fully tweak and geek out on my bikes, and cars... thankfully I have some skills and equipment to do this!
bgainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:48 PM   #55989
pngaudioguy
Just...one...more...

Oddometer: 478
Quote:
Nothing wrong with the frame....that was the first thing I checked....could have been just the way I took the pictures...
More likely the way I was looking at them :)
pngaudioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:48 PM   #55990
bgainey
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Now how do I post pictures of this?
bgainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:51 PM   #55991
katbeanz
earthbound misfit, I

Oddometer: 7,533
Quote:
Ha! No....this frame used to belong to Jerry Wood......
Thanks for the write up on your new helmet.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:52 PM   #55992
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,104
I have a stem turned and ready to press into your crf lowers that will accept the Xrl bearings and top nuts. 75$ +shipping charges both ways. and you send me your stem as a core.
I used to say "one day" a lot. But then I got scared I would wait one day too long. So I am doing it all now
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:07 PM   #55993
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

Oddometer: 6,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgainey View Post
Now how do I post pictures of this?
Get a SmugMug account.
86 Husky 400 XCE, 00 Husky Te 610 e, 1999 Husky TC610 SM, 2000 Cagiva GC; Google: TX7
fritzcoinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:32 PM   #55994
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Oddometer: 5,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
WNC, Brevard area to be exact. I come up yer way a bit to mtnbike, you got some awesome singletrac near Harrisonburg.
Nice! I haven't been quite over there yet but it reminds me of our street bike trips to Tellico Plains - some sweet roads around there! Haven't been dirt riding in the area but would love to if the occasion ever permitted. Currently have in mind to ride the BRP from our end to your end, run around down there a while in the Smokeys, then come back up West of 81 for a week or so trip with the Mrs.

We have good mountain biking, yes, but it's tough. My wife and I did the Mud Pond loop and had to walk it through some stuff I don't know how people pedal over. Great exercise and I can do it with her but when it comes to push and shove (doesn't it always) most of the time I'd really rather be wrestling my XRL through the mountains.
Let's ride!!! - No offense, but there've been a lot of people over time who were just as sure, yet got it wrong. - Una necedad, aunque la repitan millones de bocas, no deja de ser una necedad. - "you know that I could have me a million more friends and all I'd have to lose is my point of view" (Prine)
ONandOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:12 PM   #55995
Mossy-Back
Wet-Sider

Oddometer: 1,553
Got my G-Max dualsport helmet today. So far I love it!

Feels a little lighter than my Hawk modular that it's replacing, and MUCH more comfortable. Inside padding seems better, fits my head better, and the field of vision is a lot better (especially peripheral and looking down).

Also got my Rally Fairing in the mail yesterday. I'll post pics when I get it painted and mounted.
Ooh-Rah! Once a Marine, always a Marine!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny61 View Post
figures...my stud was rusty I played with my nuts a little and it cranked right over

Mossy-Back screwed with this post 03-13-2013 at 06:11 PM
Mossy-Back is offline   Reply With Quote