Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2013, 08:44 AM   #56236
Ray Paul
Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzcoinc View Post
190 Please post top speed.
Usually around 98 Have hit a hundred couple times with a little tail wind. My son has an 07 with everything about the same except his pipe is a white brother. We opened them up one day on a long straight away and i hit a hundred and shut it down and he came up beside me and was doing the 100 with his fingers. He was pumped cause im always telling him that, damn i just want to break 100! The top speed never changed a whole lot, why, i don't know. But it's the getting there that changed the most. It pulls hard and fast to about 90. Then slowly gets to about 96 or 98
Ray Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:16 AM   #56237
Ray Paul
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by techforlife View Post
190......HOLY SMOKES

why not just use a fire hose

The most i`ve seen someone run was a 165 and it was nasty rich...

B
Yea i know. I know ya'll think i'm crazy, or lying or don't know what i'm talking about or all the above. Crazy maybe but i don't lie, unless theres a badge and beer involved! That leaves not knowing what i'm doing. No genius or expert but i use to race moto cross and got good at jetting and working on bikes. Had bikes that would only run on race fuel, miss that smell! I always jet till too fat then back it down. It's not too rich, just right ! I could drop the needle a clip and the main down a size but don't want to give up the performance for a little better milage. It runs around 230 degrees running 70 down the highway when its around 90 to 95 outside. Have my header wrapped. My air box and side cover has been opened quite a bit.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:21 AM   #56238
Ray Paul
Adventurer

Quote:
Hell ya. What the state beer of La.?
Haha i don't think we have a state beer. Im a cold and wet kind of guy. If its cold and wet i drink it, at least almost cold ! I buy bud light though. Drink heinakin when im celabrating. And yea i know i can't spell worth a damn
Old 03-15-2013, 09:23 AM   #56239
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,514
Quote:
Going to open the airbox and underseat restrictions,,New FMF Q2.......rejet and something top secret

B
top secret please. You don't think Fritz pillow talks to me too?
Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
beechum1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:27 AM   #56240
Ray Paul
Adventurer

Quote:
Going to open the airbox and underseat restrictions,,New FMF Q2.......rejet and something top secret

B
Top secret huh! ? I didn't pull all my tricks out the hat either! Hehe
Old 03-15-2013, 10:04 AM   #56241
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVCoop View Post
I read your post about it searching this thread for lowering links and that is how I ended up buying one.
I'm glad I could help, Coop. I wrote detailed instructions for installing the lowering link at the following thread.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/839...lowering-link/

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil
Spud Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:03 AM   #56242
flyingwombat
frozen dead guy

Oddometer: 722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Falcon View Post
Pro Cycle sells an HID kit for the stock headlight. Not too bad on cost. Not sure how well it would work with the stock housing though.
Don't do it unless you are 100% off-road. HID bulbs have a different focal point than halogen bulbs, which is why people who use an HID bulb and ballast in a headlight housing that was designed for halogen end up blinding all oncoming traffic. What's even worse is when they use a rediculously high color temperature bulb and spray everyone with that horrible purple light.

The right way to do it is use a reflector that was engineered for HID or retrofit an HID projector housing.

If enough people do it the wrong way, eventually the man is going to crack down and then it will be harder for all of us off-road lighting modifier types.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:06 AM   #56243
flyingwombat
frozen dead guy

Quote:

B
Top secret eh? I hear turbos don't work too well with single cylinder engines, so it must be nitrous.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:08 AM   #56244
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingwombat View Post
Top secret eh? I hear turbos don't work too well with single cylinder engines, so it must be nitrous.
Pablo was putting a turbo on his "NX"650 engine....
Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
beechum1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:30 AM   #56245
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Oddometer: 5,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Paul View Post
Between 35 and 45 depending how hard im running it. If im late for work about 35. If i leave early about 45
That is comparable to mine. Cool.
Let's ride!!! - No offense, but there've been a lot of people over time who were just as sure, yet got it wrong. - Una necedad, aunque la repitan millones de bocas, no deja de ser una necedad. - "you know that I could have me a million more friends and all I'd have to lose is my point of view" (Prine)
ONandOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:37 AM   #56246
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Quote:
I figured you would say that. I'll do some more investagating. Do the diodes get stuck or sumten ? Splaine that El Techo.
Splained. Now stop playing ignorant, Fritzergizer.
Let's ride!!! - No offense, but there've been a lot of people over time who were just as sure, yet got it wrong. - Una necedad, aunque la repitan millones de bocas, no deja de ser una necedad. - "you know that I could have me a million more friends and all I'd have to lose is my point of view" (Prine)
Old 03-15-2013, 11:40 AM   #56247
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Quote:
Originally Posted by techforlife
I`m working on getting more midrange and top end.......this cam gives me too much low end for what i want....i have a plan on this....
Quote:
Originally Posted by beechum1 View Post
Me too. What's your plan on that? I was thinking an oversized header and a tighter can.
Quote:
Okay. Let's change the characteristics of the camshaft by altering other components.

ONandOFF screwed with this post 03-15-2013 at 11:54 AM
Old 03-15-2013, 11:50 AM   #56248
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Quote:
... Soldering up the CDI fixed the prob,,none since in 3 years...
Three years sounds good.
Quote:
..... cycling the kill switch shuts down the main relay...
Cool, I wasn't able to identify that was a relay since I only had the bottom potting off. I know the joints you're talking about, though. Mine, all appeared to be stressed and one or two of them had cracked loose (the pin from the PCB).

Also, my syptoms were as you described, except that I had already ruled out the run/stop. The ignition switch became my only run/stop switch.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:51 AM   #56249
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Must be nap time for everybody.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:53 AM   #56250
flyingwombat
frozen dead guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADV BUM View Post
not cheap, but I am adding a set of these to my bike. I was going to change out my headlight to a squadron led but was worried about keeping it DOT. This was a good alternative. These are small and can take a beating. I have not found others this small and powerfull. I am sure others will make some soon.
Those look nice and they are claiming slightly more lumens per watt than similar Rigid Industries lights: