Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2013, 08:41 AM   #56311
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

Oddometer: 6,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by beechum1 View Post
went for a quick ride the other night.

I’ll withhold comment on your performance as a rider till OFFandOn has a chance to look at this. But I can say this, “ Got narration?” and I like the detailed front tire inspection before the Rally Raid run. You are soooo lucky to be close to riding like that. Hows the instrument panel holding up on these test flights? The head light looks to be adequate.
PS: I still owe you the bar ends. I have had issues.
86 Husky 400 XCE, 00 Husky Te 610 e, 1999 Husky TC610 SM, 2000 Cagiva GC; Google: TX7
fritzcoinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:03 AM   #56312
Sourjon
TAT'erd

Oddometer: 2,051
With my recent obsession with old Honda CB's I've not poked my head in here for a while (still have the L but it's feeling neglected). Too many posts to look at them all (many, many from one person) but this thread has damn near come off the rails. People getting put on ignore and banned. Looks like ONandOFF has the right stuff to straighten y'all out though.

John
Old 03-16-2013, 09:17 AM   #56313
techforlife
CDI REPAIR

Oddometer: 4,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barron View Post
I know guys with 2M training that's can't fix a thing, some of those mfers actually broke connectors and different parts of weapons systems in their attempts to fix them . Like fiber optic repair, soldering is more of an art than a science. Nuf about that though....

Had any good beer recently? I'm still jealous- as I float around out here- beerless.

-Barron
WTF......no beer...you`re kiddin right....seriously,,don`t joke about shit like that..i do not find that funny..beer deprevation is no jokin matter..

B
techforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:49 AM   #56314
pngaudioguy
Just...one...more...

Oddometer: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barron View Post
Had any good beer recently? I'm still jealous- as I float around out here- beerless.

-Barron
I was wondering about that the other day when you guys have ship time. Figured it was probably similar to desert time for us. Always a drag, but just one more thing we look forward to getting back that much more, eh?

Not going to go into a full list of what I've had lately, but yeah, there's plenty of good stuff in it, including some Westvleteren. This assignment runs until 2015 - let me know if you end up over this way before then! Offer stands for you other beer lovers as well.
pngaudioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:50 AM   #56315
marlinjames
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 261
So nobody has installed a trail tech on there xrl? I got the directions Spud but this part isn't making sense with the tiny ass parts they gave me. That's why I'm looking for first hand experience

Samsung Galaxy S3
marlinjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:07 AM   #56316
kubiak
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlinjames View Post
So nobody has installed a trail tech on there xrl? I got the directions Spud but this part isn't making sense with the tiny ass parts they gave me. That's why I'm looking for first hand experience

Samsung Galaxy S3
i had the trailtech on my xrl. i glued the magnet to the rotor using jbweld. it worked great. its been so long i dont remember how i had the sensor mounted though.
kubiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:09 AM   #56317
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlinjames View Post

Samsung Galaxy S3
The installation is the same regardless of the bike.
You need to expermint with magnet and pick up placement to find a location that is durable and has some degree of adjustment. Then fabricate the necessary mounts for the pick up and to route it's cable.

As I stated you can buy a proper rotor mount bolt with magnet in it's head from any number of sources OR glue the magnet to the rotor. OR you can drill a hole in your rotor and mount the magnet to the rotor with a screw.

I chose the bolt as I did not want to modifiy the rotors at time of repalcement.
86 Husky 400 XCE, 00 Husky Te 610 e, 1999 Husky TC610 SM, 2000 Cagiva GC; Google: TX7
Old 03-16-2013, 10:10 AM   #56318
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourjon View Post
With my recent obsession with old Honda CB's I've not poked my head in here for a while (still have the L but it's feeling neglected). Too many posts to look at them all (many, many from one person) but this thread has damn near come off the rails. People getting put on ignore and banned. Looks like ONandOFF has the right stuff to straighten y'all out though.

John
Are you high?
Old 03-16-2013, 10:11 AM   #56319
kubiak
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,809
now i remember. i had cr forks on the xrl and used the pinch bolt for the axle to mount a piece of metal to mount the sensor. i used a piece of 1/8 inch by 1/2 inch flat metal and ran it from the pinch bolt up to a good place above the axle and twisted it for the right angle for the gap it needed between the sensor and magnet i jbwelded on the rotor.
kubiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:12 AM   #56320
ADV BUM
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud Rider View Post
I just installed a Trail Tech Vapor on my CRF250X. However, the CRF uses a magnetic rotor bolt. It seems the XR bikes need to use a magnetic retainer clipped into the brake rotor, as shown in the Trail Tech installation instructions.

Note the photograph on the left.

Spud
Have you contacted them to see if you can order a magnetic rotor bolt?
ADV BUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:15 AM   #56321
XR650L_Dave
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,710
Quote:

John

I have a '72 CB500 with CB750 front end, swingarm, and wheels waiting in the wings.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:19 AM   #56322
marlinjames
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADV BUM View Post
Have you contacted them to see if you can order a magnetic rotor bolt?
Not yet. It was supposed to be "vehicle specific" with all parts included. It came with two different style magnets was hoping to get one of those to work like the directions say

Samsung Galaxy S3
marlinjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:23 AM   #56323
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Oddometer: 5,567
Quote:
.... Looks like ONandOFF has the right stuff to straighten y'all out though. John
Thanks John; I wish it were true. I can't even get myself straight, much less this bunch. But I am disappointed when people decide to take things the wrong way and try to escalate disagreements. Thinking differently is what makes us who we are. What's right for one and what's right for another may be quite different - but at least we ought to be able to put them out on the table for civil discussion, rather than personal criticism. Yeah, we get out of kilter, but by and large, this is a great group.

But yeah I can't keep up with the thread either. And if I get the chance to try to catch up, there's a ton of ideas I find interesting and feel like adding to. Soon we'll be able to get out more and get riding fixes instead of dreaming about riding while sitting in front of a screen.
Let's ride!!! - No offense, but there've been a lot of people over time who were just as sure, yet got it wrong. - Una necedad, aunque la repitan millones de bocas, no deja de ser una necedad. - "you know that I could have me a million more friends and all I'd have to lose is my point of view" (Prine)
ONandOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:41 AM   #56324
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzcoinc View Post
I’ll withhold comment on your performance as a rider till OFFandOn has a chance to look at this. But I can say this, “ Got narration?” and I like the detailed front tire inspection before the Rally Raid run. You are soooo lucky to be close to riding like that. Hows the instrument panel holding up on these test flights? The head light looks to be adequate.
PS: I still owe you the bar ends. I have had issues.
"issues." Yeah. We know.

Here's another vid from the weekend before. Low also. I just flipped up the camera last night. Tomorrow should be GTG.

I used to say "one day" a lot. But then I got scared I would wait one day too long. So I am doing it all now
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:18 AM   #56325
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by beechum1;20961159}

[B
"issues." Yeah. We know.[/B]

Here's another vid from the weekend before. Low also. I just flipped up the camera last night. Tomorrow should be GTG.

Well dosen't that just blow your dress up? Another inmate named "Dick"
THESE kinds of issues:

GREAT video's, Old Mr. Lucky Beechum. Off road at his back door.

fritzcoinc screwed with this post 03-16-2013 at 11:49 AM